First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
A Rant For Anime Haters
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/8/12 , edited 1/8/12
I used to only draw anime as well. But not too long ago, I realized how extremely limiting it is. Sure, there is nothing preventing you from getting technicly skilled, but as far as personalized art direction goes, it's very restrictive. Which is why I now get kinda sad when I see skilled artists who still haven't moved past the anime phase.

And yes, I'm aware that it's a bit arrogant, but I honestly find that unless you're a mangaka or something to that effect, drawing anime is more of a teenager thing, and is something one should be willing to move away from in order to let in new influences, and thus improve their personal art direction, rather than sticking to such an anonymous, identity-starved style of drawing...

As for speaking Japanese... No, it doesn't make you a weeaboo. THINKING that you do, and PRETENDING like you do, on the other hand...
17219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Stern Bild City
Offline
Posted 1/8/12

squirrel3d wrote:


DaisyPhantom wrote:



here used to be a lot of good stuff on TV when I was in 8th and 9th grade, but now the only cable programs I watch are Teen Mom 2, Wife Swap, and The Kardashians.-



That's where my respect for you came to a halt.



Well you're a 29 year old male, of COURSE you're not going to watch that stuff, nor do I expect you to. And this isn't even a matter of respect. What does that really have to do with anything?
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/12

DaisyPhantom wrote:


squirrel3d wrote:


DaisyPhantom wrote:



here used to be a lot of good stuff on TV when I was in 8th and 9th grade, but now the only cable programs I watch are Teen Mom 2, Wife Swap, and The Kardashians.-



That's where my respect for you came to a halt.



Well you're a 29 year old male, of COURSE you're not going to watch that stuff, nor do I expect you to. And this isn't even a matter of respect. What does that really have to do with anything?



Oh so because I'm 29 that makes a difference eh? This crap was out when I was 14 and I still hated it, so what does that say about me?

I wonder why you even watch crap like this even though you've beaten us over the head with how much you are into anime and manga.
Posted 1/8/12 , edited 1/8/12
you seriously posted this ??? Get a life.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/8/12
Reality shows have been out a long time. Being a teenager is no excuse to watch crap on TV. You're never too young to have standards.
17037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Currently on Earth
Offline
Posted 1/8/12 , edited 1/8/12

DeusExMachine wrote:

tl;dr

There is no use ranting, for many of us aren't going to have the opportunity to pass our genes along, anyways.

Just accept the fact that you and many others like you are social rejects incapable of fitting in anywhere.


Excuse me social rejects? But I fit in pretty much quite fine just about anywhere I go, also I've worn Anime T-Shirts and yet funny thing is, normal people have never made fun of me.

Heck even if I had a car with Anime decals on it, still wouldn't be made fun of.
Posted 1/8/12

meman887 wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:

tl;dr

There is no use ranting, for many of us aren't going to have the opportunity to pass our genes along, anyways.

Just accept the fact that you and many others like you are social rejects incapable of fitting in anywhere.


Excuse me social rejects? But I fit in pretty much quite fine just about anywhere I go, also I've worn Anime T-Shirts and yet funny thing is, normal people have never made fun of me.

Heck even if I had a car with Anime decals on it, still wouldn't be made fun of.


Yeah, right.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 1/8/12
Lawd.






Posted 1/8/12 , edited 1/8/12
......Um......okay. Was any of this really necessary? Just ignore them. Everyone in the whole universe has different opinions towards......everything. They can hate things just like you can. If you hate what they like, they should ignore (at least that's what most people do since you can almost never change their opinion). Same to you.



Yeah.......calm your.......self.
17219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Stern Bild City
Offline
Posted 1/8/12

squirrel3d wrote:


DaisyPhantom wrote:


squirrel3d wrote:


DaisyPhantom wrote:



here used to be a lot of good stuff on TV when I was in 8th and 9th grade, but now the only cable programs I watch are Teen Mom 2, Wife Swap, and The Kardashians.-



That's where my respect for you came to a halt.



Well you're a 29 year old male, of COURSE you're not going to watch that stuff, nor do I expect you to. And this isn't even a matter of respect. What does that really have to do with anything?



Oh so because I'm 29 that makes a difference eh? This crap was out when I was 14 and I still hated it, so what does that say about me?

I wonder why you even watch crap like this even though you've beaten us over the head with how much you are into anime and manga.


I'm SAYING that generally males your age do not watch television shows about underaged pregnant teenagers and wives switching lives with other wives for two weeks. And okay I get it, you hate reality TV. My point is why you decided to respond to that insignificant detail out of EVERYTHING else I said. It was very irrelevant. And why do I watch this, you ask? Been watching it for a LONG time. Why stop now.
Posted 1/8/12 , edited 1/8/12
Honestly, tl;dr. I'm an avid novel fan, but I'm not going to read some weeaboos rant.

HERE'S A LIFE UPDATE:

People's likes differ! Holy shit! What an amazing thing! HOW could it be possible that SOMEBODY doesn't like what I like? This is bullshit! It's harassment! I AM always right, and YOU are always wrong, so there!

Who do you hate more: People who dislike Jap cartoons, or those who hate the dislikers of Jap cartoons? Newsflash! I can't stand American cartoons! They're, in my eyes, stupid and crude. You mad, bro? I don't like 80% of Japanese anime! I hate harems! I hate shounens! I hate comedies, romances and everything in-between! I hate how every show has characters who are either A: Washboards, or B: Cows. You getting mad yet? I don't care.

Everybody will butt heads with somebody else in life, and they'll do it lots at that. Simple. Also: Speaking half-broken Japanese phrases in a crappy accent doesn't make you cool. It makes you...GASP...A weeaboo. Whoa. Far out, right?

-END OF RANT-




I...It...I...

HA! That was brilliant. Thanks, Chrome.
Posted 1/8/12
Lol looking at this brings back memories of the rants on the anti-anime group on DeviantArt.

Plus this seems like a personal thread with no discussion for other members to talk about.
Posted 1/8/12


You can disable the subtitle on every CR video if you wanna watch a raw.

You like ecchi and hentai? Omg you are... a pervert. Do a chocolate dance .
Posted 1/8/12

NeOnCoOl wrote:

To much text your as bad as This epic anime lover of epic anime AsuraCryin love the anime


And ant this personal fead so going to die


wat. wat i do, me no haz idea.

No seriously, I don't understand how I relate to this.



But... To OP, TL;DR. Too much anger, you've gotta calm down!

You're getting angry!
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 1/8/12

DaisyPhantom wrote:

NOTE: I was originally going to post this on DeviantArt, but I didn’t want my friend to know that I was talking about her, so I decided to put it on here instead. She is a very big fan of anime, but insists to others that she doesn’t like it as much as I know she does. She made a journal saying that it doesn’t take over her whole life, and that she does other things instead of just drawing anime like painting and writing short stories. I’ve been over her house many times and when I come over all she draws is anime. Idk what she’s trying to prove, but I wish that she’d just be honest with herself instead of trying to make it seem like she’s better than everyone else. Then in her favorites she had all these stamps that said “I hate anime fans that pretend to know Japanese” and “OTAKU means I’M STUPID in Japanese” and “Anime style won’t get you into any art schools” and “There is more to life than anime” and “Yaoi ruins fandoms”. Um.. excuse me? I feel like all of those things were indirectly aimed at me. She’s ridiculous. She LOVES yaoi, yet she faves stamps that say “I don’t get what is so damn special about yaoi.” You’re probably thinking that I need to express my feelings to her instead of writing this for others to see. Well if I call her out on it, she might get hurt and not want to be my friend again. I don’t want that, so I decided to vent this way, because the outcome might not be so negative.
Anime IS art. I don’t care what you say, I’m an artist. Big deal if anime is the only thing I know how to draw. Do you know how many people you’re insulting who draw anime and manga when you don’t call it “real” art? If it’s not art, then please, enlighten me and tell me what it really is. I don’t care if it’s not considered “real” art, because it is to me. I pour all my soul into my pictures, and I work really hard on them. That’s my definition of art, and the only definition I go by.
Don’t judge a series by how popular it is or how annoying the fan base is. Fan girls are crazy, I get it, because YOU’RE one of them. But I don’t think it’s fair to let a fandom ruin how much you like the anime. Just ignore them, and watch the show already!
You’re not better than me just because anime doesn’t take up your whole life like it does mine. I’m not saying that’s literally all I watch, but it takes up a good 85%. It didn’t used to be that way though. There used to be a lot of good stuff on TV when I was in 8th and 9th grade, but now the only cable programs I watch are Teen Mom 2, Wife Swap, and The Kardashians. With that being said, I find anime to be the best form of entertainment for me, so I watch it all the time. I happen to like it, and I enjoy going to cons to cosplay as my favorite characters. We all have our hobbies and our interests, so don’t look down on me just because you think I’m obsessed or that you think there’s more to life than just anime. That may be to you, but to me it covers a huge portion of my life, and that’s how I’d like to keep it.
Just because I speak Japanese doesn’t make me a weaboo. I’ve been learning this language before I even knew what a weaboo was. And it bothers me to see so many people who are actually learning it for the love of the language getting called weaboos. I admit I wanted to learn because of anime, but that doesn’t make me a bad person now does it? I’m not trying to copy a certain anime character; I just want to better understand the culture of the shows that I watch. In my early days of anime watching, I would miss so many little things that only people familiar with Japanese culture would get. Now I pretty much understand every little bit, and recently I’ve tried watching without the subtitles. (But raws are hard to find, lol)
Yaoi, yuri, hentai, ecchi, etc aren’t bad. I mean if you sit there and read a yaoi or yuri fanfiction of your favourite characters paired together and you don’t like it, then that’s fine. It’s your opinion. But don’t go saying that those genres are ruining the entire anime. Just don’t read it, don’t look at the fan art, and move along. It’s very easy to close out of a window on your computer; just click the little red x or the back button and go to something else. Case closed. You don’t have to start a war saying how disgusting it is. Problem solving doesn’t involve bashing the genre and the people who like it. If it makes you feel better or more superior, then find another thing to take it out on. Because there are real human beings involved who are reading the hateful comments you post. If you wouldn’t say it in real life, then why would you type it? Don’t be insensitive. Sure you can express dislike, just do it more discreetly.
-END OF RANT
-


No personal threads.

Locked~

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.