First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
The Upcoming American Presidential Election
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/14/12
It is now four years snice Mr Obama frist took office, and we, Americans, are asked again to once again elect a man between the leader of one faction of ineffectual, incompetant, vile, and odious race of the most miserable creatures ever to have suffered to creep from out the toxic slime hole that birthed them and the leader of the opposite faction, of equal incompetance, equal ineffectuality, equal malevolence, crawling and slithering from the same poison pits and ponds, and crown him with the title of 'President of the United States'. Absurd panegyric will be heaped upon their cheiftan by the Partisans, their nonexistant virtues shall be continually extolled and praised, the personal faults of the enemy shall be raised far beyond to debate, until, alas, weighing more than actual policies. And, when we finally get a president, the enemies, unsatisfied with defeat, call his victory illegitimate for this reason or that. And we wait another four years of more dreary mismanagement to continue this cycle. What are your thoughts on this whole thing?
Posted 1/14/12 , edited 1/14/12
4 years all ready shit time gose fast Mind you don't live in America
Posted 1/14/12

longfenglim wrote:

It is now four years snice Mr Obama frist took office, and we, Americans, are asked again to once again elect a man between the leader of one faction of ineffectual, incompetant, vile, and odious race of the most miserable creatures ever to have suffered to creep from out the toxic slime hole that birthed them and the leader of the opposite faction, of equal incompetance, equal ineffectuality, equal malevolence, crawling and slithering from the same poison pits and ponds, and crown him with the title of 'President of the United States'. Absurd panegyric will be heaped upon their cheiftan by the Partisans, their nonexistant virtues shall be continually extolled and praised, the personal faults of the enemy shall be raised far beyond to debate, until, alas, weighing more than actual policies. And, when we finally get a president, the enemies, unsatisfied with defeat, call his victory illegitimate for this reason or that. And we wait another four years of more dreary mismanagement to continue this cycle. What are your thoughts on this whole thing?
Two words, civil disobedience. Always has been from the very bottom of my being, always will be until the day I die.

BTW, if you have the time, do check out Chris Hedges' latest CSPAN called "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!". I personally found it quite sobering, because it's a good reflection regarding how my nation of Canada isn't fairing any better. Due to my government's lack of long term ecological sustainability.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/15/12 , edited 1/15/12
So far, I don't think any of the candidates should be president. If I had to choose one, I'd go for Ron Paul, but he's still got some messed up opinions.
Then there's assholes like Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Herman Cain and Rick Santorum. God forbid any of those people become president.
16272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/15/12
I don't mind if Obama or Ron Paul get it, however..

Please, please not Rick Perry.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/15/12

PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

I don't mind if Obama or Ron Paul get it, however..

Please, please not Rick Perry.


So you don't mind four more years of the same incompetance, same needless wars, or the same idiocy of the Obama administration, and, failing that, you wouldn't mind the Mad Hatter either?
17089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/15/12

longfenglim wrote:



So you don't mind four more years of the same incompetance, same needless wars, or the same idiocy of the Obama administration, and, failing that, you wouldn't mind the Mad Hatter either?


So what are you suggesting? In your OP you indicate extreme distaste for both major parties, and here also for Ron Paul (Who, sadly, is about as close as we come over here to a mainstream 3rd-party candidate). So basically, you hate everyone of any significance in the presidential political field today.

What should we do about that? You've essentially posed a problem -- what's your solution? Also, what does it actually have to do with the upcoming election specifically?

(for the record, as a pragmatist I'm for Obama, but as an idealist I can't stand him. Also, this republican primary was fully of both lulz and horror.)
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/15/12 , edited 1/15/12

pretendz0r wrote:


longfenglim wrote:



So you don't mind four more years of the same incompetance, same needless wars, or the same idiocy of the Obama administration, and, failing that, you wouldn't mind the Mad Hatter either?


So what are you suggesting? In your OP you indicate extreme distaste for both major parties, and here also for Ron Paul (Who, sadly, is about as close as we come over here to a mainstream 3rd-party candidate). So basically, you hate everyone of any significance in the presidential political field today.

What should we do about that? You've essentially posed a problem -- what's your solution? Also, what does it actually have to do with the upcoming election specifically?

(for the record, as a pragmatist I'm for Obama, but as an idealist I can't stand him. Also, this republican primary was fully of both lulz and horror.)


So, let me get this straight- because I have posed a problem, I must have a solution, otherwise I have no business posing problems? Thus, because I have stated that we basically have two parties, who are, in most respect, exactly the same as their opponent, and we are given a choice between them, I have to provide an alternative, either that, or I should just take things as they are. No, that does not follow, it does not follow that because I have shown a problem, I should solve it. If you want my opinion, it would be that we should not have any government at all, and we should be at liberty to live as we will, with no one's authority over us, so long as we respect everyone's right to live as they will, with no authority over them, and, if we should have a government, it should only be to ensure these liberties. Obama isn't a viable choice for many reasons- his failure to relieve the economy, his giving of our money to the banks, his extension of the PATRIOT ACT- but no one else is. We live in a system where we are to trust men and women, entirely dissimiliar to us, and usually not sharing our interests, rule over us, in our name, to satisfy their interests, knowing that if not them, then another person of the same background would take over their seat anyways.
17089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/15/12

So, let me get this straight- because I have posed a problem, I must have a solution, otherwise I have no business posing problems? Thus, because I have stated that we basically have two parties, who are, in most respect, exactly the same as their opponent, and we are given a choice between them, I have to provide an alternative, either that, or I should just take things as they are. No, that does not follow, it does not follow that because I have shown a problem, I should solve it. If you want my opinion, it would be that we should not have any government at all, and we should be at liberty to live as we will, with no one's authority over us, so long as we respect everyone's right to live as they will, with no authority over them, and, if we should have a government, it should only be to ensure these liberties. Obama isn't a viable choice for many reasons- his failure to relieve the economy, his giving of our money to the banks, his extension of the PATRIOT ACT- but no one else is. We live in a system where we are to trust men and women, entirely dissimiliar to us, and usually not sharing our interests, rule over us, in our name, to satisfy their interests, knowing that if not them, then another person of the same background would take over their seat anyways.


Oh, I'm not saying you *must* have a solution -- I'm just far more interested in discussing solutions than whining about the status quo.

Ah. So some kind of minarchism? Well, fair enough. How would you suggest we go about getting there? And how does that tie in to the current election cycle?

Yeah, like I said, according to my principles I'm not exactly an Obama fan either, but I've no stomach for revolution (nor belief that it could be accomplished), so pragmatically, I've basically got this system to work in, and I don't believe that abstaining from voting really accomplishes anything. So since Obama is the closest candidate to supporting views *anything* like my own...

91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/15/12
Honestly I dont care who's elected.Change never occurs anyway.They just waste there breath and give you want to hear but nothing never happens.-__-
16272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/17/12

longfenglim wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

I don't mind if Obama or Ron Paul get it, however..

Please, please not Rick Perry.


So you don't mind four more years of the same incompetance, same needless wars, or the same idiocy of the Obama administration, and, failing that, you wouldn't mind the Mad Hatter either?


Well I live in England so I know little about the subject compared to Americans, but I doubt there's a 'perfect guy' up for grabs. They're just the two i'd be most comfortable with.

Also, I believe that Obama does try to make change, yet your old age pensioner government just dismisses everything he tries to improve. If you're looking for a change in your country, don't blame the president, blame your government as a whole.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/17/12

PepperKillsPepsi wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

I don't mind if Obama or Ron Paul get it, however..

Please, please not Rick Perry.


So you don't mind four more years of the same incompetance, same needless wars, or the same idiocy of the Obama administration, and, failing that, you wouldn't mind the Mad Hatter either?


Well I live in England so I know little about the subject compared to Americans, but I doubt there's a 'perfect guy' up for grabs. They're just the two i'd be most comfortable with.

Also, I believe that Obama does try to make change, yet your old age pensioner government just dismisses everything he tries to improve. If you're looking for a change in your country, don't blame the president, blame your government as a whole.


Well, Britain is, in a sense, unluckier than us, you guys are Stuck with the Tories for quite a while to come, we have an presidential election coming up, so we can change faces, even if we can't change policy. But Obama isn't just incompetant, he actually continued Bush's policies when we specifically elected him not to, like Libya, he decided they need our help, when it was clear as crystal that we just went in for summadat oil. Likewise, when there were other protesters in other nations up for revolution, we just gave them little more than a 'We support you guys- kinda' or just ignored them, and- mind you- he continued one of the greatest breech in civil liberty perpetuated by the last administration, the hated 'PATRIOT ACT', I suppose, to hunt down terrorist, and somehow, because he was the one to sign it, it is supposed to be more bearable than under Bush, Jr.
97968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 1/17/12
Ron Paul has attracted the youth vote which amounts to less than 20% of all votes. He won't get the nomination 1) because he won't garner the largest percentage of the populace votes, 2) not many, if any, electoral votes will swing his way, 3) because the mainstream Republican deal makers, whoever they are, won't allow it.

Obama is beatable. His 3-yr record of accomplishment, so far, is lacking. I thought this man had great potential to be a great leader for this nation but so far every time he opens his mouth and his lips move lies come out. Of course, lies are all that spring forth from most of these career politicians be they asses or pachyderms, but Mr Obama is so new and unpolished a standard bearer it is just plain obvious. Given time he may develop a persona palatable to all the game changers that matter. Besides George Soros I really would like to know who the remaining roster of Puppet Masters are that back this man.

I watched the South Carolina Republican debate with interest last night late. My 2 fav candidates are already out of the picture so that leaves the remainder to carry out the dog and pony show to its lackluster conclusion, hopefully beyond May. If Romney. a moderate, gets the nomination and manages to outwit Obama (if and only if the dead manage to NOT vote early and often and many, many Independents choose to stay home and play on their X-boxes) come November then I can be assured we will "enjoy" the same ole', same ole' just under a different Party label. And Obamacare, in spite of what Mitt promises, will continue to ensnare all healthy free peoples into buying some semblance of a shoddy product they don't need or can afford. Think of this as another involuntary tax on your budget courtesy the weight of an overbearing obtuse government and the eff-in' lawyers who facilitate their wishes in our supposed courts of law.

I have always been forced by either the Democratic or Republican deal-makers to choose their candidate choice. For me, it's always the lesser of 2 evils....been that way since 1972. Gee, damn near 40 years of perpetual disenfranchisement. For the deal-makers I'm surmising they win-win because it not only maintains their strangle hold on the reins of power but ensures their lifestyle shall remain protected from any unforeseen costs borne from changes wished by the populace.

So who do I like? Definitely not Obama. Sanitarium (I know, mis-spelled) will be out by the time Florida hosts these folks for another match but he seems to be the most conservative and likely he would stay that way. I don't trust Newt for many reasons but have to admire his grit and knowledge re how the roulette game is played. I suspect his campaign $$$ will be exhausted before March but we'll see. For a change Rick Perry finally got his game plan going. I like him but I don't know that much about him other than a lot of folks I personally know who reside in Texas think he's an excellent governor.

I figure it'll either be Mitt or Newt for the Pachyderm nomination. Not crazy about those choices but I'll definitely vote for 1 of these guys over "it's all Bush's fault" Obama who fears taking responsibility for anything. If it's going to be another 4-yr dog and pony show I prefer a somewhat mature President over our current L'enfant Terrible who really wants to be king for life at your and my expense.
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/12 , edited 1/17/12
The funny thing is the candidates dont even have to put ads out to attack Ron Paul. Every American media news outlet attacks Ron Paul on outrages things and put words in his mouth. I think the biggest reason why the corporations and lobbiest which choose american presidents not the brain dead American people is 1. No aid to Israel, part of Ron Pauls problem in the eyes of corporations is that he wont defend the poor little jewish nation if it was attack by Iran (Iran would be stupid to even try to nuke Israel). I guess putting Israel first and fighting and dieing for a foreign country which holds no interest to us Americans at all is just above the USA itself? 2. He wants to end all wars and bring the US troops back home. You know it is astonishing how stupid many Americans are. They sit there and believe that people hate them because they do ABSOUTELY NOTHING!!! Lmao they ignore the governments who overthrew and the brutal dictators we install. They ignore the civilians being killed either by drone strikes or bombing their country. They ignore they resources we steal and the privatization of it. They ignore that tax payers fund brutal dictators only because they are obedient to America.

Ron Paul also wants to end the FED. The ignorant American people dont even know what the hell the fed is. The private bank WITH NO REGULATIONS that prints American dollars out of thin air. The more they print the lower our dollar value comes. They sent interests very low to encourage risky lending. They bailout anyone anywhere with no scrutiny.

I can go on and on but if you cannot see how every candidate says the exact same thing accept for a little difference in Domestic policy you are dumb. Nothing dumber then an undecided mainstream media filled voter. The people are confused, lost, dont know why we are in the situation we are in and vote for people based on their looks, race, religion, age nothing to do with policies. Ask people why they support other candidates then Ron Paul and their answers has nothing to do with the issues. It is becausse, "O he can beat OBama"!! Really beating Obama is all that matters to you?
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/12
I really hate to say this because I know we are about to elect two evils once again. I really think that the only way America is going to change is something horrendous has to happen to this country. We have to be attacked on a large scale as a retaliation of people fed up with our policing, theft, overthrowing of their lands. We need to experiance how these third world countries live poor, malnutrition, no clean water and electricity. Once we get there I believe Americans will finally wake up out of watching their reality shows and drinking their beer and actually have an armed revolution. At this point thats what it is going to take because at the decline that we are going in you would think, seriously you would think the population has gotten wiser, but we are about to elect someone to continue the same declining policies either it is dem or republican. Obamney will be a disaster, and with Mitt Romney hawkish foreign policy WW3 may be around the corner. When these ignorant, gung hoe, kill all arabs Americans start getting drafted and dieing that will wake people up to reality.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.