First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is it okay to be gay? And why or why not.
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 2/19/12

Dropplet wrote:


kyo7763 wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

Also to all those haters on here. Is it not okay for someone to be religious? because it seems not that things are turning around now a days. Its okay to be gay but not okay to say I'm a christian? I find it very rude for people like that. Seriously grow up because even though I do love God and follow the bible doenst mean I'm a puppet for the church. I can still have my morals and what I believe in. But I think its WRONG for people to hate on people who are religious just because they think being gay is wrong. Most of our generation is okay with people being gay as long as it doesnt effect one another. Its the older generation who think its wrong. Do not assume we are all the same


I think you misunderstand most people's argument on the issue. >.> No one said it's not okay to be religious. Most religions teach to ultimately love one another if you take them at face value, or neglect all detail written in them. Islam claims to be a religion of peace. The list goes on with every religion right down to Jainism . However, it's the people who practice said faith that then become the problem. The more fundamental, and literal you take religions, often times, the more dangerous these people become. Islamic FUNDAMENTALISTS are INCREDIBLY dangerous people if you look at what they're directly commanded to do. Islam itself? Not so much. Jainism extremists? Well, the more extreme and fundamental they go, the nicer they become

edit: although, it is important to note the problem with this logic. You cannot "realistically", or rather "correctly" practice a faith (In most cases) without taking scriptures or texts literally. Islamic belief especially, as the whole Qur'an is direct commands. So with what I note below, I beg the question - Is it logical to allow people to "operate" and be programmed this way if there is the possibility of creating more extremism in the world? Although, that may be too philosophical/hard of a question for some struggling with this issue to answer. I know mine.

So it's okay to practice your religion as much as you'd like, and in whatever way - but the moment YOUR values start infringing on OTHERS, then we have many other issues and arguments to talk about; that's what most mean.


well thats the vibe I get from people, alot of people not just on this form though but sites like tumblr. I just hate when people stereotype the way people act because of their religion. You know? and that people kinda mistake Catholic for Christian. really all christian is is a lay back for of catholic and you have more room for what you value


Wait...I always thought Catholicism was a part of Christianity?
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / [NSNY]National So...
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
It's never okay to be gay! Never! Bluhuhuahauahgh! Argle Bargle!

*flies to Thailand, does cocaine off an underaged boy's buttocks*
14951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
LOLWHUT?

Listen, first of all, it's not a choice.

Second of all, if you're even thinking this you must be surrounded by many many close minded freaks. Your parents, perhaps?

3. IT IS OKAY TO BE WHOEVER/WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE, EVEN IF YOU FREAK PEOPLE OUT SOMETIMES. WE'RE NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL ORIENTATION HERE.

4. It is fun to troll people who think homosexuality is wrong. Know a close minded bunch of grownups? Stroll up to them with your best friend and introduce yourself as lovers all the while acting like you were commenting on the weather. Watch em get uncomfortable, but DO NOT end the conversation, keep it up as long as possible and watch em squirm.

Close-minded people are awesome targets for trolling, do not hate them but rather thank them for entertaining you.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
It will become a choice in the future.
Posted 2/19/12
The world would be better if we all were just locked away in our own homes and live how we want. Hahhhhhh.
33479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
you know, at first i was debating if this thread had any merit because i thought SOOO many mindless people were going to inhabit it o.O and im not saying one way or another as the mindless people. there are mindless gays, there are mindless straights. but the thing is they are all mindless PEOPLE, or mindFUL people for that matter. Humans are humans, whether you believe they were created by god or biology, or both. Which is my argument for why i believe it should be okay. Then again, i may be biased because I'M gay, but hey, whatever.


To be honest though, i feel like this thread is pointless in a way because its just inviting all sorts of hatred. Then again, everything today invites hatred.
Posted 2/19/12

Kuroixmachina wrote:

To be honest though, i feel like this thread is pointless in a way because its just inviting all sorts of hatred. Then again, everything today invites hatred.


You'd be right.
71569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Other
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
As far as I'm concerned, censorship in any form is something I can't stand, censoring peoples opinions or "rights" because they don't conform is something I'll fight, but I couldn't care less about people being gay.

From my understanding most of the anti-gay sentiment comes from people that hate others that don't conform to their idea of what's "right", although this applies to more than being gay, take sadism for example, in most places it's socially acceptable to be gay but say you're a sadist and you get many strange looks, as BDSM in general is further left field than being gay and is even less understood/talked about.
4747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/19/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:

The world would be better if we all were just locked away in our own homes and live how we want. Hahhhhhh.


I agree with you...
2030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/19/12

ReaperEXE wrote:

I'm a strait Christian and I am a strong supporter of the LGBT community and LGBT rights. As far as I'm concerned, they're people too, and deserve the same rights and treatment as everyone else regardless of their sexual orientation. I think if you're gay, you're normal; there's nothing wrong with it because everyone has their personal preference. I honestly can't think of a good reason for it to be considered wrong.


God gave you a brain to think with. Thank you for doing so ^_^. if only more of your faith, no scratch that, of any faith in general would do more of the same.

i really think that anyone who says "god does not allow this!!!" is not so strong a believer as they claim to be. the most basic principle of everything, is more or less "God made everything". LBGT etc is part of everything. if God did not approve of such a thing existing, why would he make it in the first place?

your options:
1; God is NOT infallible. He makes mistakes.
2; God is NOT omnipotent. Other powers can stand against him, and succeed.
3; God is NOT omnibenevolent. He does not love all his creations equally, and indeed makes some just to torture them.
4; God intended things to be as they are, and this is all in accordance to His plan.

obviously, religion teaches that the first 3 are not true..
of course, most people who are against LBGT/etc choose to add this one..
5; I don't agree with you, you're wrong. they are bad because [the bible]* says so!
*or other religious (or secular) source or authority figure

nvm that the bible was written and heavily edited by people.. also, some may note that #5 is also the only one that doesn't include God in it.

now mind you, i'm straight, and non-religious to boot. but the same ideas apply over here.

1; it's not about me, so why should i go around telling others what to do?
or
2; it's just plain icky, and since i should be in charge, i'm going to tell everyone else how to behave here.

c'mon, really people? is it THAT big of a deal?
it's not contagious like a cold or something. you won't "catch" gay.

don't make out with your boyfriend in front of me, and i won't make out with my gf / plushie / sim-girl / other in front of you.
it's really this simple - "are you gay?" "why, are you asking me out?"
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/19/12
Yeah. It's aight.
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/20/12
There is nothing wrong with being gay. You can't really control what you lust for right? Its all part of human nature.
8554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Somewhere,USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/12
Of course it is. You who you are. Not every is hardwired the same exact way the world would be totally boring if everyone were. I dont why so many people are against it,i personally dont see the big deal. I just dont get why someone's sexuality or personal life should bother you so much.
Posted 2/20/12
According to some religions, it's not okay to be gay. But in my opinion, as long as you are a good person and are kind to all genders, races, sexualities, etc., it is alright to be gay.
40843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Karakura Town
Offline
Posted 2/20/12
For me, I don't see it as wrong nor right exactly, but I respect them whatever their sexual choice is.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.