Stockholm Syndrome
Posted 1/27/12
Capture-bonding is where a captive becomes attached to its captor. There is a codependency developed that takes some serious therapy to reverse, even partially. We call that cult exit therapy.

Rokuro Okajima of the anime Black Lagoon suffered with Stockholm Syndrome, in that his captors the Lagoon Company enslaved him. However, that was better than returning to work for his boss at Asahi Industries whom signed away his life.
5437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/24/12
thanks for the info! lol I dont really know how to reply to this. XD but I have heard of it before and I think it is one of the more interesting things of us humans.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NJ, US
Offline
Posted 3/24/12
What exactly is the discussion here?
5437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

MilianViolet wrote:

What exactly is the discussion here?


I have noooo clue :D!
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
I thought it was more like escaping the worker life (in the anime black lagoon though) Not sure, was a long time ago that I've seen it
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/12
thanks for the info!was a long time ago that I've seen it
Posted 3/31/12

DeusExMachine wrote:

Capture-bonding is where a captive becomes attached to its captor. There is a codependency developed that takes some serious therapy to reverse, even partially. We call that cult exit therapy.

Rokuro Okajima of the anime Black Lagoon suffered with Stockholm Syndrome, in that his captors the Lagoon Company enslaved him. However, that was better than returning to work for his boss at Asahi Industries whom signed away his life.


I'm going to try to actually make a discussion out of this...wish me luck :D

So! When someone is given 'cult exit therapy,' do you ever see someone simply re-bonding to the therapist/deprogramming specialist? That is: How do you know if they're really making individual, rational choices, or if they're just bonding to what their new focus-of-dependency states is socially appropriate?
Posted 3/31/12

BlaculaKuchuki wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:

Capture-bonding is where a captive becomes attached to its captor. There is a codependency developed that takes some serious therapy to reverse, even partially. We call that cult exit therapy.

Rokuro Okajima of the anime Black Lagoon suffered with Stockholm Syndrome, in that his captors the Lagoon Company enslaved him. However, that was better than returning to work for his boss at Asahi Industries whom signed away his life.


I'm going to try to actually make a discussion out of this...wish me luck :D

So! When someone is given 'cult exit therapy,' do you ever see someone simply re-bonding to the therapist/deprogramming specialist? That is: How do you know if they're really making individual, rational choices, or if they're just bonding to what their new focus-of-dependency states is socially appropriate?


You have asked a magnificent question. As far as I know, I would think they'd work with the person so effected by the cult to get them thinking for themselves again, and listening to themselves. As a victim of a cult-structured, pyramid scheme myself, it is paramount that a person with Stockholm Syndrome needs to reconnect with reality, and the chemical structures of their brains restored to normal.
Posted 4/1/12

DeusExMachine wrote:


BlaculaKuchuki wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:

Capture-bonding is where a captive becomes attached to its captor. There is a codependency developed that takes some serious therapy to reverse, even partially. We call that cult exit therapy.

Rokuro Okajima of the anime Black Lagoon suffered with Stockholm Syndrome, in that his captors the Lagoon Company enslaved him. However, that was better than returning to work for his boss at Asahi Industries whom signed away his life.


I'm going to try to actually make a discussion out of this...wish me luck :D

So! When someone is given 'cult exit therapy,' do you ever see someone simply re-bonding to the therapist/deprogramming specialist? That is: How do you know if they're really making individual, rational choices, or if they're just bonding to what their new focus-of-dependency states is socially appropriate?


You have asked a magnificent question. As far as I know, I would think they'd work with the person so effected by the cult to get them thinking for themselves again, and listening to themselves. As a victim of a cult-structured, pyramid scheme myself, it is paramount that a person with Stockholm Syndrome needs to reconnect with reality, and the chemical structures of their brains restored to normal.


chikki chikki boom boom
POW!
Posted 4/8/12
Hi again -- ok, so I'm really curious, can you tell us more about what happened in this experience?

I'm interested in everything you might have to tell regarding the cult experience, though I suppose one thing I'm especially curious about is: now that you're 'out,' now that you have your own mind again -- can you look back at your experience and determine one particular event or set of events where you were definitely hooked? That is, from the perspective of time, can you say to yourself, "ok on this day I was just curious, but by this event, I was part of this group mind?"

Or is the process a lot more vague than that?
You must be logged in to post.