First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Whitney Houston Dead at 48 :(
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

ZenZaku wrote:

No I can't say I've ever heard that before. I do know that there is other music than animoo. The library on my PC is filled with an interesting assortment of rock, techno, country and various classic songs.



Cool.

It's weird that you're unfamiliar with that song though.
It's like, one of the most iconic songs of the '90s.

45769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / pLaNeT eArTh???
Offline
Posted 2/12/12
And that's the thing...with all these people talking about how one death doesn't amount to the others. So you're in effect dismissing her death? You're putting her death "below" the others and raising their importance over hers. Where's this equal grief and concern you keep preaching?

The guy who died playing online games on CR front page...he wasn't just "tossed" aside..or said he's just one amongst many. This seems to be bias towards famous people, just because they happen to get more attention. Aduh..If they were in the papers before they died talking about what shoes they got, what food they ate, who they talked to, do you seriously really think they aren't going to focus on them when they're dead? They're going to talk about them Double duh!

Media is a business and celebrities is their cash crop so they're going to milk it for all its worth. Don't just dismiss someones death as not important because you don't like what the media is doing. This would be realized if the common sense button was trigged but it looks like it forgot to connect the dots in this case.

So stop your hypocritical preaching....if you don't care then get out...
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

chrome_mist wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:

No I can't say I've ever heard that before. I do know that there is other music than animoo. The library on my PC is filled with an interesting assortment of rock, techno, country and various classic songs.



Cool.

It's weird that you're unfamiliar with that song though.
It's like, one of the most iconic songs of the '90s.



Well I was born in 1993, so I was little when the song came out so I may not remember it at all.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 2/12/12 , edited 2/12/12

Maiden_aya wrote:

And that's the thing...with all these people talking about how one death doesn't amount to the others. So you're in effect dismissing her death? You're putting her death "below" the others and raising their importance over hers. Where's this equal grief and concern you keep preaching?

The guy who died playing online games on CR front page...he wasn't just "tossed" aside..or said he's just one amongst many. This seems to be bias towards famous people, just because they happen to get more attention. Aduh..If they were in the papers before they died talking about what shoes they got, what food they ate, who they talked to, do you seriously really think they aren't going to focus on them when they're dead? They're going to talk about them Double duh!

Media is a business and celebrities is their cash crop so they're going to milk it for all its worth. Don't just dismiss someones death as not important because you don't like what the media is doing. This would be realized if the common sense button was trigged but it looks like it forgot to connect the dots in this case.

So stop your hypocritical preaching....if you don't care then get out...







ZenZaku wrote:


Well I was born in 1993, so I was little when the song came out so I may not remember it at all.



I was born in the same year and I know the song.
And people still play that song nowadays.

It's a very popular song.
But I won't hold it against you.


4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

Maiden_aya wrote:

And that's the thing...with all these people talking about how one death doesn't amount to the others. So you're in effect dismissing her death? You're putting her death "below" the others and raising their importance over hers. Where's this equal grief and concern you keep preaching?

The guy who died playing online games on CR front page...he wasn't just "tossed" aside..or said he's just one amongst many. This seems to be bias towards famous people, just because they happen to get more attention. Aduh..If they were in the papers before they died talking about what shoes they got, what food they ate, who they talked to, do you seriously really think they aren't going to focus on them when they're dead? They're going to talk about them Double duh!

Media is a business and celebrities is their cash crop so they're going to milk it for all its worth. Don't just dismiss someones death as not important because you don't like what the media is doing. This would be realized if the common sense button was trigged but it looks like it forgot to connect the dots in this case.

So stop your hypocritical preaching....if you don't care then get out...


Well said.
193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/12/12 , edited 2/12/12
One thing I'm just shocked at is the number of people who asked 'who??' on Facebook. I mean... it's Whitney Houston. I thought most people had known of her o_o At least in North America lol. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Posted 2/12/12
Sorry about my troll post. It's probably pretty stupid, but I'm not exactly in a loving and caring mood right now. I may not have ever heard of this Whitney Houston, and I'm sorry about that, but I really don't feel bad for somebody dying. I've had loved ones die, so I know that pain (We probably all do), and I extend my grief and condolences to those related to this woman, but I don't see how people can feel so sad about someone passing. Did anybody other than my family cry when an uncle or a grandfather died? No, because it's not important. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, we'll all one day be rotting without a fuss.
10375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
104 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/12/12
RIP U_U
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

Dave1004 wrote:

Sorry about my troll post. It's probably pretty stupid, but I'm not exactly in a loving and caring mood right now. I may not have ever heard of this Whitney Houston, and I'm sorry about that, but I really don't feel bad for somebody dying. I've had loved ones die, so I know that pain (We probably all do), and I extend my grief and condolences to those related to this woman, but I don't see how people can feel so sad about someone passing. Did anybody other than my family cry when an uncle or a grandfather died? No, because it's not important. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, we'll all one day be rotting without a fuss.



Well I'm sorry that your dead relatives didn't make music that we love.
Really? You are comparing your family to the Whitney Houston?
I mean, no offense, but, it's Whitney Houston.
She was one of the greatest talents the world has ever had.
Why exactly are we mourning for this woman? Because we are fans.
Is that reason not enough?
Her music has inspired us, that's why in this moment,
we are saddened that she will never be making music for us to listen to ever again.
Even though we don't know her personally,
it was her music that made us love her.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same if your favorite celebrity died.
Now keep your hating ass out of this thread before I start reporting you.

10027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / ukraine
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

-Nadia- wrote:

Who gives a shit.. she's dead, it's just one person compared to the thousands that die and no one knows nor seems to care >.>


Then why don't you go make the effort to "care" about these forgotten people you are so concerned about? Oh right, because you don't actually care and only made this comment because you lack empathy.
Posted 2/12/12

chrome_mist wrote:


Dave1004 wrote:

Sorry about my troll post. It's probably pretty stupid, but I'm not exactly in a loving and caring mood right now. I may not have ever heard of this Whitney Houston, and I'm sorry about that, but I really don't feel bad for somebody dying. I've had loved ones die, so I know that pain (We probably all do), and I extend my grief and condolences to those related to this woman, but I don't see how people can feel so sad about someone passing. Did anybody other than my family cry when an uncle or a grandfather died? No, because it's not important. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, we'll all one day be rotting without a fuss.



Well I'm sorry that your dead relatives didn't make music that we love.
Really? You are comparing your family to the Whitney Houston?
I mean, no offense, but, it's Whitney Houston.
She was one of the greatest talents the world has ever had.
Why exactly are we mourning for this woman? Because we are fans.
Is that reason not enough?
Her music has inspired us, that's why in this moment,
we are saddened that she will never be making music for us to listen to ever again.
Even though we don't know her personally,
it was her music that made us love her.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same if your favorite celebrity died.
Now keep your hating ass out of this thread before I start reporting you.



You can report me all you want, you probably have already. I'm the kind of person who thinks of multiples, not individuals. As I said, what I said was out of place, and I offer my condolences, and apologies, on that matter. Just to state, the only "Celebrity" who I care about would be people who bring aid, and relief, to those suffering. It is not someone who makes song or play, who acts in a show or on a stage, but those who dedicate their lives to saving others.

But, I digress, I'll try and watch my...Tongue...In the future. I never said I hated anybody, but this is the internet, and generally, opinions aren't allowed. That I understand.

Hope things go good for you today!
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 2/12/12

Dave1004 wrote:

You can report me all you want, you probably have already. I'm the kind of person who thinks of multiples, not individuals. As I said, what I said was out of place, and I offer my condolences, and apologies, on that matter. Just to state, the only "Celebrity" who I care about would be people who bring aid, and relief, to those suffering. It is not someone who makes song or play, who acts in a show or on a stage, but those who dedicate their lives to saving others.

But, I digress, I'll try and watch my...Tongue...In the future. I never said I hated anybody, but this is the internet, and generally, opinions aren't allowed. That I understand.

Hope things go good for you today! :)



Oh please, I haven't reported you yet.

But if you don't stop acting like the arrogant jerk that you are, then maybe I will.
It's cool that you have your own beliefs. But I'll be honest with you.
You may not have realized it yet, but seriously, who gives a damn?
This is a thread about Whitney, passing away. If you don't like the fact that
there are fans saddened by this, then don't bother posting at all.

What you did was clearly flamebait. But no worries.
I'll just leave it at that.

And just to be nice, I'm sorry for lashing out on you.
It's just that, I'm a really big fan of hers.

Good day to you too.

35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 2/12/12
I just found some Whitney Houston tapes in my house.

Y'know, these old things:



Probably listen to 'em tonight.
Posted 2/12/12
I was so sad.
Posted 2/12/12
And I will always love yoooooooouuuuuuu.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.