First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Should CR sponsor weddings?
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 2/29/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait....you are telling me that people have got engaged, I repeat ENGAGED, to people they have met on here?! As in...they didn't know them in real life first?! OMFG people...what is wrong with you all?!


Mind me asking you what is wrong with dating people online, and if it clicks even meet up and marry ?
Posted 2/29/12

Baka-God wrote:

Mind me asking you what is wrong with dating people online, and if it clicks even meet up and marry ?


She's a bit closed-minded about that sort of thing. THe person could be a rapist murderer blah blah blah
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/29/12 , edited 2/29/12


Friends I get but marriage is a bit much. And I don't agree with dating sites. I think the whole idea of them is just stupid. What's wrong with going out and meeting people? Are people that desperate now they are happy to marry some randomer online?



Cyber-sex is worse. Only real perverted people do that.



Mind me asking whats wrong with going outside and actually meeting people?


mod edit: Triple posting is against the rules.
Posted 2/29/12
^^ Irritation due to straying off topic, but congrats to op for marriage and I don't think Crunchyroll is gonna sponsor marriages now or the near future.
Posted 2/29/12
I wonder how they would sponser? Would the CR logo be on the seats or something?
HelloKitty Muffin'King Moderator
98264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Mocha / Keurig Ma...
Offline
Posted 2/29/12 , edited 2/29/12
Back on topic please.

First off congratulations on I mean meeting with the person you are going to get married to on this website. I am glad you met someone, because finding that special someone out there is hard and hearing that you have been together for 3 years now, that is wonderful to hear and I am happy for you ^^!

Second, Crunchyroll does not sponsor weddings, they would be happy to say congratulations to you and we site mods and etc. here congratulate you and hope you have a blessed wedding and marriage. Be calm like thefinalword said and just soak in all the events happening on that day, because trust me it is like one of the most beautiful days of your lives when you marry the person you really love (And I am quite in envy I have yet to go through that kind of day one day). So good luck and you have my blessings ^^~

wwe
128556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / where all my drea...
Offline
Posted 2/29/12 , edited 3/7/12



Not try to sound mean or anything but we dont know the full story they probable did meet in real life and started dating a few times and got engaged and also there are ways for them to talk online like Skype they could have been web talking with each other and also I bet they talk on the phone all the time and text. The reason she asking cr to help with her wedding is b/c thats were they 1st met and want to thank cr for it.

Online dating is not all bad as long as you play it safe and dont just go out and met with out even knowing the person 1st thats not good. Also reason ppl do the online dating is maybe they cant find anyone from there town or city. Like me for example I live in a very small boring town I been outside many times and try meeting ppl but thing is I been wanting to date asian gusy b/c that the type of guy I like and thing is there are like no asian guys in my town and with it being as small as it is I would know. I also ask my friends and family if anyone knew any single asian guys and they also said no. So for some time now I been trying the online dating and I met a nice cute asian guy and been talking with him for long time now we also talk a lot on Skype so I know who he is and we also text and send each other pics to show who we are talking with. We do have plans to meet soon in real life and start dating for real.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 2/29/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



Mind me asking whats wrong with going outside and actually meeting people?


Oh sure, but I would like to have a proper answer on my question.

What is wrong with liking someone on the internet

My answer on your question is this ;

There's nothing wrong with going '' outside '' and actually '' meeting '' people, but if you would go outside what's the first thing that comes up to your mind if you go outside?
Playing soccer with some friends / sporting, shopping at the mall either going to a club is what I do when going '' outside '' but that's quite different from what the most people have in their mind, since I don't meet new or let's say interesting people this way because I am basically with my friends I've known for so long that it's not even a meeting with other strangers.

On the internet you have unlimited possibilities of meeting people that might peek your interests and also talking with them is different than talking with your friends in real.

There are things you just can't share with people you've known for so long already and even real but on the internet you can talk with people you don't know in real, therefore you won't shy off in becoming honest with them and sharing your hobbies / views on matters and maybe even liking someone on the internet.

There's nothing wrong with it, even though Crunchyroll is not a dating site, it's a site to have social contacts with people who share the same sentiments about anime, manga and way more.

Don't tell me you've made a Cr account only for watching anime and drama, if so you don't belong here in the forums because you're right now being social and telling your opinion about this matter while you're talking with a stranger which you would not talk to in real, because you'd be too shy.

13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 2/29/12

haikinka wrote:


Baka-God wrote:

Mind me asking you what is wrong with dating people online, and if it clicks even meet up and marry ?


She's a bit closed-minded about that sort of thing. THe person could be a rapist murderer blah blah blah


Haha,

Nothing wrong with being closed minded and thinking everyone is a rapist and murder behind every screen on the internet but what she's saying is just hypocrisy being so obvious that I just couldn't stand it anymore.
38859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Southern Californ...
Offline
Posted 2/29/12 , edited 2/29/12
edit:


Sorry, but i kind of agree with lumiere (to a certain degree!)...

heres some negative input on my part coming on... The thing about texting and cybering, and chatting online, and having relationships online is that you never get a feel for who is ACTUALLY behind the screen. And i'm not saying it in a literal sense (although...), I mean it in an actual personality sense. I know this because its how i act as well. I'm quite a different person behind the screen and it is quite difficult to explain why in my own words. Lets say that the screen (and distance for this subject) acts as a barrier to hide behind so insecurities never come out. A relationship without insecurities and imperfections isn't a relationship. Its like a perfect relationship, minus the REAL relationship part. The thing about meeting and having a relationship in real life is that you actual EXPERIENCE the other person yourselves and then you "judge" them accordingly. Not to say everyone who have these online relationships lie, but is saying how your day went to your "partner" rather them having him/her experience it with you the same? absolutely not. These relationships are very shallow, and even though they feel very good, they aren't a pure experience of your partner.

For example a partner can say, "Oh, my day was like this, blah blah blah!" but then all your partner can do is imagine what it is like being there with you... and thats where i must emphasize the imagine. If you have never even met in real life before and experienced the other person's personality and traits and weaknesses for yourself, how can you even consider committing your life to him/her? It's like committing yourself to a college or school or job in a place far from your home for a long period of time, just reviewing pictures and reviews and virtual tours, without even visiting the school itself and talking to staff and students.

I know i sound really negative and i'm not saying I disagree with online dating ( i actually support online dating sites, since they actually set you up with people you meet IRL based on similar interests and other stuff.). I'm just saying... that uhh... nvm. Don't flame me bro.
36322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Where am I?
Offline
Posted 2/29/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



Friends I get but marriage is a bit much. And I don't agree with dating sites. I think the whole idea of them is just stupid. What's wrong with going out and meeting people? Are people that desperate now they are happy to marry some randomer online?



Sometimes people don't have the time to actually go out or they don't have the means to get to and from somewhere.

If you look at it this way, you can go out and have a good time and possibly get slipped something and suddenly wake up in the hospital or not wake up at all.

Or you can slowly get to know someone online and actually make an 'appointment' to see them in real life. There may still be that slight danger from above, but you can usually think about what you're doing when you're not directly in front of that person.

Easier to say no online than it is face to face.

Just my opinion.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/1/12


It just doesn't make sense to me. I know people argue that you can talk to them on webcam so you actually see them, and you can talk on the phone, but I still don't think you really know them. I find it very hard to believe you can feel for someone without meeting in the flesh.
Also, a lot of people are very niieve, and so online dating is dangerous for those kinds of people. You should only ever meet someone online if you are meeting in a busy area with lots of people around, and your family and friends know where you are. Some people don't bother to take these precautions and it makes me really sad. Technology is good, but as a society we are getting a bit carried away with it and use it too much. Certain aspects of life should not come from online but from real life.
Posted 3/1/12 , edited 3/1/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:

It just doesn't make sense to me.


Yeah! It doesn't make sense to lumiere-sama! All you losers with your open minds and understanding personalities should go and fall off a cliff
Posted 3/1/12
if they do sponsor can we all attend the wedding?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/1/12


bit not good?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.