• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply How do I activate a guest pass
45689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 9/1/14

kaly5678 wrote:

I'm on a 30-day free trial, and I want know if I use a guest pass will it count towards my free trial, or will I be wasting days?


As you're currently a premium member, I expect the system won't even allow you to apply guest pass to your account.
The Wise Wizard
86422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 9/1/14

kaly5678 wrote:

I'm on a 30-day free trial, and I want know if I use a guest pass will it count towards my free trial, or will I be wasting days?

If the person attempts to send it to you via PM, the system won't even allow it. I know that from experience, as someone on a free trial asked me for one, and I tried to send it before I noticed.

That also means that even if you already have it, the system wouldn't allow you to apply the code.

7021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 10/10/14
Okay So Im a premium member but I'm curious how do the Guest passes work. Are they like 48 hrs real time, or do they only start diminishing with usage?

Like if I gave a friend a guest pass would they need to use it immediately or could they watch a little now and then? If My questions doesn't make sense I'll try to clarify.
The Wise Wizard
86422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/10/14

dakotadugger wrote:

Okay So Im a premium member but I'm curious how do the Guest passes work. Are they like 48 hrs real time, or do they only start diminishing with usage?

Like if I gave a friend a guest pass would they need to use it immediately or could they watch a little now and then? If My questions doesn't make sense I'll try to clarify.

The 48 hours starts as soon as the guest pass is redeemed by the person they send it to.

They could wait to redeem it (up until it expires), but once they redeem it, the clock starts ticking. If they waited 47 hours after redeeming it to start viewing anything, they would only get a hour of actual use.

The lesson to be learned here: Don't redeem the guest pass until ready to begin viewing.

7021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 10/10/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


dakotadugger wrote:

Okay So Im a premium member but I'm curious how do the Guest passes work. Are they like 48 hrs real time, or do they only start diminishing with usage?

Like if I gave a friend a guest pass would they need to use it immediately or could they watch a little now and then? If My questions doesn't make sense I'll try to clarify.

The 48 hours starts as soon as the guest pass is redeemed by the person they send it to.

They could wait to redeem it (up until it expires), but once they redeem it, the clock starts ticking. If they waited 47 hours after redeeming it to start viewing anything, they would only get a hour of actual use.

The lesson to be learned here: Don't redeem the guest pass until ready to begin viewing.



Oh Okay I kinda figured but I wasn't sure. Thank you
3007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 19 days ago
What is it that you figured out exactly??

I want to send the guest pass to a friend, but I don't understand if the 48 hours are 48 hours of streaming, For example: will he be able to watch 6 hours a day for 8 days??
33617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 19 days ago

oagesoy wrote:

What is it that you figured out exactly??

I want to send the guest pass to a friend, but I don't understand if the 48 hours are 48 hours of streaming, For example: will he be able to watch 6 hours a day for 8 days??


48 hours elapsed time from the moment he activates it, regardless of how much has actually been streamed.

That is to say, two days later it is done. It is not measured by hours of actual use, just straight hours. They should probably just say two days instead of 48 hours.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.