First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is circumcision child abuse?
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/24/12


And here we see the danger the genital mutilation community really poses, the parent doesn't care for some negative improbable consequenses because of positive experiences.
And this all under the term of ''respect for cultural differences''.
Not only do they create a larger risk of long term damage for health and pleasure, but they do so without any single consent.
If you really care about your kids you inform them, and wait till they are old enough to make their own decisions.


are you pro choice?
12305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

A major factor that contributes to that loss of sensitivity is the severing of the perineal nerve—a nerve located on the underside of the penis that is responsible for the majority of sexual sensory input—explains Dan Bollinger, study author and director of the International Coalition for Genital Integrity.


I think I still have that nerve cuz ive always had feelings running along the underside of my penis. Maybe I'm just lucky, probably.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:



And here we see the danger the genital mutilation community really poses, the parent doesn't care for some negative improbable consequenses because of positive experiences.
And this all under the term of ''respect for cultural differences''.
Not only do they create a larger risk of long term damage for health and pleasure, but they do so without any single consent.
If you really care about your kids you inform them, and wait till they are old enough to make their own decisions.


are you pro choice?


That has nothing to do with the subject, please stay on topic.
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:



And here we see the danger the genital mutilation community really poses, the parent doesn't care for some negative improbable consequenses because of positive experiences.
And this all under the term of ''respect for cultural differences''.
Not only do they create a larger risk of long term damage for health and pleasure, but they do so without any single consent.
If you really care about your kids you inform them, and wait till they are old enough to make their own decisions.


are you pro choice?


That has nothing to do with the subject, please stay on topic.


just answer that question and I can get back on subject
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:


amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:



And here we see the danger the genital mutilation community really poses, the parent doesn't care for some negative improbable consequenses because of positive experiences.
And this all under the term of ''respect for cultural differences''.
Not only do they create a larger risk of long term damage for health and pleasure, but they do so without any single consent.
If you really care about your kids you inform them, and wait till they are old enough to make their own decisions.


are you pro choice?


That has nothing to do with the subject, please stay on topic.


just answer that question and I can get back on subject


I will not.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12



By the way, the point you're so desperatly trying to make, is that when I say I am pro-choice that I do accept the murdering of fetuses, and not the mutilation of baby genetalia.
So if I would answer your question, and for example I would be pro choice, that would lead to a off topic debate on what a fetus exactely is. And I will not engage in that debate
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12


well you not telling me is showing that you are and now I know your a hypocrite but hey I'm also one since I'm pro choice and for circumcision also I would gladly trade sexual pleasure for health and I will for my child and I will also do it for my beliefs because they are my child. its ridicules to say your mad over a foreskin People just need to get over it in my opinion but that's just my opinion.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:



well you not telling me is showing that you are and now I know your a hypocrite but hey I'm also one since I'm pro choice and for circumcision also I would gladly trade sexual pleasure for health and I will for my child and I will also do it for my beliefs because they are my child. its ridicules to say your mad over a foreskin People just need to get over it in my opinion but that's just my opinion.


You failed to proove that circumcision is not child abuse, infact you didn't even make an attempt, so your contribution to this debate is neglectable.

Also, you've obviously haven't read the entire debate, because it has long been proven that circumcision does not improve health, while it does reduces the sexual pleasure increase the risk of sexual difficulties.

5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:



well you not telling me is showing that you are and now I know your a hypocrite but hey I'm also one since I'm pro choice and for circumcision also I would gladly trade sexual pleasure for health and I will for my child and I will also do it for my beliefs because they are my child. its ridicules to say your mad over a foreskin People just need to get over it in my opinion but that's just my opinion.


You failed to proove that circumcision is not child abuse, infact you didn't even make an attempt, so your contribution to this debate is neglectable.

Also, you've obviously haven't read the entire debate, because it has long been proven that circumcision does not improve health, while it does reduces the sexual pleasure increase the risk of sexual difficulties.



the physical or emotional or sexual mistreatment of children.

even though it is a physical act when done by a real and professionally trained doctor it is sterile and done with care so its not mistreatment also its not sexual mistreatment and if there are emotional problems with it most psychologists would say there is a deeper issue causing you to feel that piece of you stolen from you and feeling less of a human. but i was not trying to prove anything since its really pointless since your not going to change your mind. I just wanted to know if you where ok with killing a future person but not ok with cutting off a piece of skin.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12


Great! You finally come with actual arguments, goody.
Now the act itself is probably (even though I don't agree with it) not a traumatizing experience indeed, and it;s not a mistreat and doesn't bear the intent of doing so.
However, as statistics clearly have shown (thank you Shinto-Male) that there are due to this act, long term negative consequenses without any health benefits. So due to this physical act of cutting of a piece of meat, there is a higher risk of long-term negative consequenses, and it is without consent of the child itself. Now I know that the parents don't intend to hurt their children, and I know that to call it abuse might be a little too much, however, when we look at the damage it does, we should at least think twice to force this upon the child.

Now you say that it is not sexual mistreatment, now honestly, what part of circumcising is not mistreatment? It's cutting off a piece of flesh without any benefits, how it the world is this not mistreatment!? Even you say that there are cases of emotional problems and that not all scientists agree over the cause of this. So why even want to have to risk your child to have the same problems while you might be causing them?

Again, it's a purely ritualistic act, with no benefits at all, even with negative consequenses, so why do it? And why should we accept it?
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:



Great! You finally come with actual arguments, goody.
Now the act itself is probably (even though I don't agree with it) not a traumatizing experience indeed, and it;s not a mistreat and doesn't bear the intent of doing so.
However, as statistics clearly have shown (thank you Shinto-Male) that there are due to this act, long term negative consequenses without any health benefits. So due to this physical act of cutting of a piece of meat, there is a higher risk of long-term negative consequenses, and it is without consent of the child itself. Now I know that the parents don't intend to hurt their children, and I know that to call it abuse might be a little too much, however, when we look at the damage it does, we should at least think twice to force this upon the child.

Now you say that it is not sexual mistreatment, now honestly, what part of circumcising is not mistreatment? It's cutting off a piece of flesh without any benefits, how it the world is this not mistreatment!? Even you say that there are cases of emotional problems and that not all scientists agree over the cause of this. So why even want to have to risk your child to have the same problems while you might be causing them?

Again, it's a purely ritualistic act, with no benefits at all, even with negative consequenses, so why do it? And why should we accept it?


so your saying without a doubt that it is NOT easier to clean if you are cut then if you are not cut? because that is the main issue its not about health benefits but more having to do with hygiene it makes it easy and more manageable also it has to do with the look for most people and more people are glad they had it done then not also there is a surgery that can regrow it if you really want to. BUT I'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change my mind.
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
honestly this is all subjective and nothing is 100% proven and its a pontless argument but to call it child abuse is not true it just is not true sorry buddy.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:

honestly this is all subjective and nothing is 100% proven and its a pontless argument but to call it child abuse is not true it just is not true sorry buddy.


Such a very convincing argument. May I remind you that this is extended discussions and that one line you wrote there just wont do.

Now in your post you point out the triviality of this debate, and I can assure you that it is not, if 1% of the circumcized people has later trouble with their sexual experience, is it trivial? I think not.

And if you claim that I will not change my mind, perhaps that is my fault ( can be quite stubborn), but perhaps, just perhaps, it is the fault of the weak and flawed arguments your side presents.
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:

honestly this is all subjective and nothing is 100% proven and its a pontless argument but to call it child abuse is not true it just is not true sorry buddy.


Such a very convincing argument. May I remind you that this is extended discussions and that one line you wrote there just wont do.

Now in your post you point out the triviality of this debate, and I can assure you that it is not, if 1% of the circumcized people has later trouble with their sexual experience, is it trivial? I think not.

And if you claim that I will not change my mind, perhaps that is my fault ( can be quite stubborn), but perhaps, just perhaps, it is the fault of the weak and flawed arguments your side presents.


but i didn't post to try and convince you or argue about it I already said that lol! i was just trying to give you what you wanted was a pointless argument I really just wanted to know your stance on abortion and then leave. i honestly don't know enough to argue with you and frankly i don't care I'm going to do what i want and your going to do what you want really since its a freedom or religion thing its not going to go away.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12


And there you make an insane claim, that the freedom of religion allows us to do with our children as we please.
Freedom of religion implies that you can do whatever you want for your religion with YOUR body, not someone elses.
The baby hasn't made up their mind over a religion yet, you are simply forcing it to believe what you believe, and mark it while doing so.
Now you might not care what others do with their children, but I do, and I hope for the sake of the world that many others do as well.

Now i will try to show you your flawed argument of freedom of religion.
Now for example I had a religion that was publicly accepted, and as a ritual on newborns we spoon out one of their eyes, should we be allowed to? We will use the same argument as you do, and say it's freedom of religion, would that make it actually okay? No I would not, just like the argument of freedom of religion on cutting of the foreskin of a defenseless child this would not do.

Now I know my analogy is extreme, but it is basically the same.

By the way, I'm afraid you wont find out my stance on abortion, but I can assure you it is not as you think.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.