First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
What is your opinion towards religion?
Kevwu 
78972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California WOOOO...
Online
Posted 3/3/12
What is your point of view on religion? Do you believe in a almighty PKG (All powerful, All Knowing All Good), or maybe its just getting in the way of science?

I just want to see where people stand on this. For myself, i have no problem with people and their religions, hate people that try to rub it in my face. I believe in a God, Just not the one any religions state in their passages.
19188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/12
I believe in God, etc...
but I believe people take it too far sometimes. There are these neighbors of mine who rely everything on God. Their kids are on the streets, dropped out, got a girl pregnant...yeah. So I think people go over the extreme with God.

Now what also bothers me is when people constantly post things about God on FB, 'SHARE THIS IF YOU LOVED HIM' -I don't like posting, sharing because if you feel like you love him to that point: don't sit on FB posting things about him, go out there and tell the world: NOT FACEBOOK.

Also, if a person believes in something else you shouldn't criticize it; keep it to yourself. were all different human beings with different beliefs. My friend is atheist, but that isn't gonna stop me from talking to her.
38859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Southern Californ...
Offline
Posted 3/3/12 , edited 3/3/12
uh oh... i sense a flame war approaching...

Anyway!
I believe in God. I'm Catholic. Science doesn't interfere with most forms of Christianity and Catholicism despite what many say. There are such things as 'literal' AND 'metaphorical' interpretations of the Bible.
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 3/3/12 , edited 3/3/12
Spirituality can enrich your life, the lives of your children, and the lives of generations to come. Unfortunately, organized Religion is represented by Human beings, and those human beings may or may not have the believers' best interests in mind. Religion has been bastardized. When we leave the doctrines of our Higher Power to be interpreted by someone other than ourselves, we become vulnerable.

No Religion promotes hate. No Religion promotes murder. No Religion promotes war. None of them.

Yet, Religious differences seem to be what has fueled some of the longest standing grudges in recorded history - and because of this reason, the act of Believing in a higher power, or participating in organized Religion, has become something of a NEGATIVE thing - at least in Western Culture. As if people who Believe in God, one way or the other, are stupid, or less than people who do NOT.

Religion is not a bad thing, but having your life, and your decisions dictated to you by 'representatives' of any Religion, is. You do not ever need to step foot in a Church, Mosque, or Synagogue, to establish a relationship with God.

Religion is not dirty, people are dirty.

38859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Southern Californ...
Offline
Posted 3/3/12 , edited 3/3/12

kenkorrupt wrote:



Religion is not dirty, people are dirty.



i like that quote. I agree. But I think Religion takes too much flak from multitudes of people. Generally, Religion itself does not promote war and violence and hatred. The blame should not be directed towards intangible foundations, but towards those men and women who wrongfully 'wear' their Religion over-zealously as radicals and extremists do. I won't elaborate with examples because my intention isn't towards pinpointing and accusing certain religions.
Posted 3/3/12
Open minded religious people are very fun, but really rare. My friend could hold an argument with me, although I always held back on cheap shots.
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 3/3/12
I think science and God can go hand in hand, I mean since God is truth science shouldn't be a threat to God, or His believers.
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 3/3/12
lol I don't think open minded people are that rare xD I talk to them a lot, they're a lot more fun to talk to than closed minded people.
Europeans are pretty open-minded ^^
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 3/3/12

Mangasurf wrote:

uh oh... i sense a flame war approaching...

Anyway!
I believe in God. I'm Catholic. Science doesn't interfere with most forms of Christianity and Catholicism despite what many say. There are such things as 'literal' AND 'metaphorical' interpretations of the Bible.


oh I read this after I wrote what I said ^^ I'm catholic too, and I believe exactly what you said
Posted 3/3/12 , edited 3/3/12

Mangasurf wrote:

uh oh... i sense a flame war approaching...

Anyway!
I believe in God. I'm Catholic. Science doesn't interfere with most forms of Christianity and Catholicism despite what many say. There are such things as 'literal' AND 'metaphorical' interpretations of the Bible.


Every time you masturbate, God kills a lolcat. So go fucking masturbate already.


kenkorrupt wrote:

Spirituality can enrich your life, the lives of your children, and the lives of generations to come. Unfortunately, organized Religion is represented by Human beings, and those human beings may or may not have the believers' best interests in mind. Religion has been bastardized. When we leave the doctrines of our Higher Power to be interpreted by someone other than ourselves, we become vulnerable.

No Religion promotes hate. No Religion promotes murder. No Religion promotes war. None of them.

Yet, Religious differences seem to be what has fueled some of the longest standing grudges in recorded history - and because of this reason, the act of Believing in a higher power, or participating in organized Religion, has become something of a NEGATIVE thing - at least in Western Culture. As if people who Believe in God, one way or the other, are stupid, or less than people who do NOT.

Religion is not a bad thing, but having your life, and your decisions dictated to you by 'representatives' of any Religion, is. You do not ever need to step foot in a Church, Mosque, or Synagogue, to establish a relationship with God.

Religion is not dirty, people are dirty.


What about all the parts in the Bible about who begat who? Sounds pretty dirty to me. And what was the name of the man who impregnated one of his daughters to ensure the survival of his line?
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 3/3/12

Mangasurf wrote:


kenkorrupt wrote:



Religion is not dirty, people are dirty.



The blame should not be directed towards intangible foundations, but towards those men and women who wrongfully 'wear' their Religion over-zealously as radicals and extremists do. I won't elaborate with examples because my intention isn't towards pinpointing and accusing certain religions.


Yup.

How very cautious of you. I applaud the flame-retardant nature of your reply. If only all discussion pertaining to religion could be conducted in such a way, why - we may even be able to achieve world peace.

Funny how far a bit of consideration goes, isn't it?

1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 3/3/12

kenkorrupt wrote:

Spirituality can enrich your life, the lives of your children, and the lives of generations to come. Unfortunately, organized Religion is represented by Human beings, and those human beings may or may not have the believers' best interests in mind. Religion has been bastardized. When we leave the doctrines of our Higher Power to be interpreted by someone other than ourselves, we become vulnerable.

No Religion promotes hate. No Religion promotes murder. No Religion promotes war. None of them.

Yet, Religious differences seem to be what has fueled some of the longest standing grudges in recorded history - and because of this reason, the act of Believing in a higher power, or participating in organized Religion, has become something of a NEGATIVE thing - at least in Western Culture. As if people who Believe in God, one way or the other, are stupid, or less than people who do NOT.

Religion is not a bad thing, but having your life, and your decisions dictated to you by 'representatives' of any Religion, is. You do not ever need to step foot in a Church, Mosque, or Synagogue, to establish a relationship with God.

Religion is not dirty, people are dirty.



that...is amazing truth
Posted 3/3/12
i believe every human has the right to choose what they do or do not have a faith in, after all everybody leads their own life. It is only when they force their beliefs upon others when it starts to become wrong, every human should be born with freedom and to take that away is cruelty. personally i choose not to believe in anything but to be interested and ask/have knowledge of religions, in many religions there are so many things you can associate with your life/get life lessons out of, so its still necessary to have knowledge and understanding of them
Posted 3/3/12

Aimpie wrote:

I think science and God can go hand in hand, I mean since God is truth science shouldn't be a threat to God, or His believers.


God is indeed truth. A vindictive tyrant that has made life miserable for all of his Apologist followers.

Here is a tidbit: man created the idea of science. It is all about justifiable true belief. So what justifies true belief? Evidence.

"Evidently," God has murdered millions of people. Justifiable in that we are nothing more than one of his creations, and he can do with us what he pleases. If we have fallen so far from grace, why didn't he just eradicate us all? Seems God lacks a certain piece of logic which man has; reasoning. And that's the entire cake. But.... cake is so sinful. Yuck.
38859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Southern Californ...
Offline
Posted 3/3/12 , edited 3/3/12



Oy. Thanks for killing the first kitten
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.