Hard subs!?
53343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/9/12 , edited 3/9/12
Earlier this week when I went to watch Chihayafuru 22, to my surprise I found 2 sets of subs on the stream, one baked into the video itself, and the other being the usual sub that can be switched on and off through the right click menu.

Today when I came to watch Inu x Boku 9, I found the same thing...



Are CR switching to Hard subs? or is this isolated to just myself? It seems strange that as I look around, I'm the only one seeing or noticing this happen.

Personally I prefer the soft subs as they're easier to read and less intrusive, though with hard baked in subs I don't really get a choice but to switch off the soft subs each time.

[update] I just watched an episode of Saki and the hard subs are still in place, I didn't change any of the settings recently before this started occurring.
Is there a way to switch off the hard sub format?
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
36371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/9/12

mvirgilio wrote:

Earlier this week when I went to watch Chihayafuru 22, to my surprise I found 2 sets of subs on the stream, one baked into the video itself, and the other being the usual sub that can be switched on and off through the right click menu.

Today when I came to watch Inu x Boku 9, I found the same thing...



Are CR switching to Hard subs? or is this isolated to just myself? It seems strange that as I look around, I'm the only one seeing or noticing this happen.

Personally I prefer the soft subs as they're easier to read and less intrusive, though with hard baked in subs I don't really get a choice but to switch off the soft subs each time.

[update] I just watched an episode of Saki and the hard subs are still in place, I didn't change any of the settings recently before this started occurring.
Is there a way to switch off the hard sub format?



I've had a few people reporting this.
Can you please tell me what browser you're using?
Does it happen in all browsers?

I'm going to shoot this off to the Dev team so they're aware of it, but the more info I can get about the issue the better.

Thanks!
53343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/9/12 , edited 3/9/12
I'm using Chrome, latest updated version. Was about to try IE9 since I have it as well, but I don't currently have any of the latest updated versions of any of the other major browsers.

also, I'm currently using flash player version 11,1,102,63.


[follow up] tried using IE9, same problem, flash version 10

in both cases this happens with video/subtitle smoothing enabled and disabled

[second followup] The problem is non existent with "card fight vanguard". No hard subs, only subs can be switched off from the right click menu. Spite this problem still persists on other shows.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
36371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/9/12

mvirgilio wrote:

I'm using Chrome, latest updated version. Was about to try IE9 since I have it as well, but I don't currently have any of the latest updated versions of any of the other major browsers.

also, I'm currently using flash player version 11,1,102,63.


[follow up] tried using IE9, same problem, flash version 10

in both cases this happens with video/subtitle smoothing enabled and disabled

[second followup] The problem is non existent with "card fight vanguard". No hard subs, only subs can be switched off from the right click menu. Spite this problem still persists on other shows.


Brought this up with Dev and they were able to reproduce the issue.
We're working to resolve it now.
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/14/12 , edited 3/14/12
This just started happening to me on Firefox 11, Flash 11,1,102,62 .

EDIT: Tried deleting cookies, no change. Also checked IE8 on the same computer and the issue is there too.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
36371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/14/12

jcanth wrote:

This just started happening to me on Firefox 11, Flash 11,1,102,62 .

EDIT: Tried deleting cookies, no change. Also checked IE8 on the same computer and the issue is there too.


We're aware of the problem and working to fix it.
You can right click on the Flash Player and disable the subtitles as a work around right now.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
You must be logged in to post.