First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Does anyone still buy physical DVD collections?
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 4/5/12 , edited 4/5/12


I've never personally insulted anybody who owns a DVD collection, and I have no idea why you had to personally insult me for not owning one or wanting to own one, and you keep referring to me as somebody spoilt and unappreciative. The way you also deem me a "casual viewer" only makes me suspect you of unfair superiority even more. I do occasionally buy DVDs just to support the creators, I'm totally against it. I respect anybody who actually makes the sacrifice for acquiring an impressive set and I never said it was useless.
40980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/6/12

KleinerSkollexxx wrote:



I've never personally insulted anybody who owns a DVD collection, and I have no idea why you had to personally insult me for not owning one or wanting to own one, and you keep referring to me as somebody spoilt and unappreciative. The way you also deem me a "casual viewer" only makes me suspect you of unfair superiority even more. I do occasionally buy DVDs just to support the creators, I'm totally against it. I respect anybody who actually makes the sacrifice for acquiring an impressive set and I never said it was useless.


All right, let's stop this. Okay?

We're having serious misunderstanding about each other and it's getting ugly. My assumption is rubbing you off wrong way.

91022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/24/12
bump

i'm sure people buy blu rays
50307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 11/25/12 , edited 12/29/12
Of course people still do, just because the internet exists doesn't mean people aren't going to stop buying DVD, VHS, and Blu-Ray copies of shows they want to own. For instance, I'll post my physical DVD/Blu-Ray anime collection (no pictures :/).

5 Centimeters Per Second [DVD version]
Akira [DVD version]
Angel Beats! [DVD version]
AnoHana Premium Edition [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Azumanga Daioh [DVD version]
Bamboo Blade [DVD version]
Best Student Council [DVD version]
Birdy the Mighty: Decode [DVD version]
Black Lagoon Seasons 1-2 [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Bunny Drop Premium Edition [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Cromartie High School [DVD version]
Chrono Crusade [DVD version]
Dance in the Vampire Bund [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Deadman Wonderland [DVD version]
Death Note [DVD version]
Elfen Lied [DVD version]
Ergo Proxy [DVD version]
Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone [DVD version] [Blu-Ray version]
Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance [DVD version] [Blu-Ray version]
Excel Saga [DVD version]
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-Ray version]
Final Fantasy: Unlimited Stage Phase 1 [DVD version]
FLCL [DVD version]
Freezing Limited Edition [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Gantz [DVD version]
Ga-Rei-Zero [DVD/Blu-Ray version]
Gasaraki [DVD version]
Ghost Hunt [DVD version]
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man [Blu-Ray version]
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex S.A.C 2nd GIG: Individual Eleven [Blu-Ray version]
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society [Blu-Ray version]
Grenadier : The Beautiful Warrior [DVD version]
Gunbuster vs. Diebuster: Aim for the Top! - The Gattai!! Movie [Blu-Ray version]
Haibane Renmei [DVD version]
Kaze no Stigma [DVD version]
Kekko Kamen [DVD version]
Kino's Journey [DVD version]
K-On! [DVD version]
Last Exile [DVD version]
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit [DVD version]
Murder Princess [DVD version]
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water [DVD version]
Negima!? [DVD version]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition [DVD version]
Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom ~ [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Blu-Ray version]
Puni Puni Poemy [DVD version]
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne [DVD version]
Romeo x Juliet [DVD version]
School Rumble [DVD version]
School Rumble Extra Class [DVD version]
Serial Experiments Lain Limited Edition [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Shigurui: Death Frenzy [DVD version]
Shiki [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Spice and Wolf [DVD/Blu-Ray version]
Steins;Gate [DVD/Blu-Ray Combo]
Summer Wars [DVD version]
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Limited Collector's Edition [DVD version]
Texhnolyze [DVD version]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [DVD version]
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [DVD version]
Welcome to the NHK [DVD version]
Witchblade [DVD version]

11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

scruffykiwi wrote:

Just be aware that the origional Evangelion anime has just gone out of licence so you won't be able to purchase it soon.


it's actually gone down in price since rightstuf! has started selling it. I bought it for around 80 and now its around 40

11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

MrXarnus wrote:

For anime, I will always prefer the hard copy above the digital stuff but I don't really mind things like Crunchyroll (although watching anime with a site like this and a dvd is a whole different experience...)
I can't say the same for digital manga. You'd have to put a gun to my head before you see me reading of a screen.


well said sir. I love my manga collection more than my anime. something about hauling around 200lbs of paper makes me feel like I've accomplished something
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

AnimeKami wrote:

DVD??????? WHAT AGE DO YOU LIVE IN??????

IT IS CALLED: BLU-RAY DISC


some companies like Sentai or Aniplex still release stuff only on DVD rather than BD/DVD combo. Believe me I wish they released Oreimo on BD cuz I love it sooooo much.
50307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 11/25/12 , edited 11/25/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

DVD??????? WHAT AGE DO YOU LIVE IN??????

IT IS CALLED: BLU-RAY DISC


some companies like Sentai or Aniplex still release stuff only on DVD rather than BD/DVD combo. Believe me I wish they released Oreimo on BD cuz I love it sooooo much.


Yeah like with Heaven's Lost Property Season 2 and Deadman Wonderland they were only released in DVD instead of a combo pack. Of course, they're [Funimation] are going to release them on Blu-Ray sometime in the near future. It has to do with Japan's licensing policies and whatnot. I also don't get why people bash others for not having Blu-Ray players, not everyone wants to pay a higher price for the same thing only in better quality, amongst other reasons.
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
top shelf is figures and such

middle is manga, strategy guides, art books, vinyls

bottom is BD DVD not all anime but I do like marvel/ DC universe, and older american action flicks (btw yes that is Final fantasy unlimited and it is indeed the worst thing to happen to FF)

and my Jpop collection, I <3 Miku

sorry that the qaulity isn't good I took these from my not smart phone
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

DVD??????? WHAT AGE DO YOU LIVE IN??????

IT IS CALLED: BLU-RAY DISC


some companies like Sentai or Aniplex still release stuff only on DVD rather than BD/DVD combo. Believe me I wish they released Oreimo on BD cuz I love it sooooo much.


Yeah like with Heaven's Lost Property Season 2 and Deadman Wonderland they were only released in DVD instead of a combo pack. Of course, they're [Funimation] are going to release them on Blu-Ray sometime in the near future. It has to do with Japan's licensing policies and whatnot. I also don't get why people bash others for not having Blu-Ray players, not everyone wants to pay a higher price for the same thing only in better quality, amongst other reasons.


hopefully all anime will come in BD/DVD combo packs in the near future. And be reasonably priced unlike the fate/zero release. I WANT SO BAD but I'm not going to sell a kidney for them. That I will indeed pirate because of ridiculous prices.

40416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
Yeah, I like knowing that in 10 years, no matter which companies go out of business, or what shows go out of print, I can still watch a show that I own. There are so many good shows that came out even just a few years ago that I can't find anymore, that were even licensed, but the company went out of business, and all the torrents are dead. I just can't help but think ahead for the stuff that I like right now. Plus there's the obvious perks like watching without internet, bundled goodies, and support of the medium. It's nice to have a set, and at a pretty low cost too.
50307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 11/25/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

DVD??????? WHAT AGE DO YOU LIVE IN??????

IT IS CALLED: BLU-RAY DISC


some companies like Sentai or Aniplex still release stuff only on DVD rather than BD/DVD combo. Believe me I wish they released Oreimo on BD cuz I love it sooooo much.


Yeah like with Heaven's Lost Property Season 2 and Deadman Wonderland they were only released in DVD instead of a combo pack. Of course, they're [Funimation] are going to release them on Blu-Ray sometime in the near future. It has to do with Japan's licensing policies and whatnot. I also don't get why people bash others for not having Blu-Ray players, not everyone wants to pay a higher price for the same thing only in better quality, amongst other reasons.


hopefully all anime will come in BD/DVD combo packs in the near future. And be reasonably priced unlike the fate/zero release. I WANT SO BAD but I'm not going to sell a kidney for them. That I will indeed pirate because of ridiculous prices.



The price for them went down at least.. from around $1000 to $600. Sentai Fireworks is going to re-release Fate/Stay Night on Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if they're redubbing it with the cast from Unlimited Blade Works or are keeping Geneon's dub. The prices aren't ridiculous, much much cheaper than anything released in Japan of the same thing. I would say Fate/Zero is reasonably priced in my opinion for everything it contains. Now, what gripes me a bit is Aniplex's Blu-Ray only release of Bakemonogatari from $150 which it essentially is the same thing as Nis America's DVD/Blu-Ray Combo release of AnoHana for $50. In that regard, I think Aniplex's DVD only release of Garden of Sinners for $150 is justified because it's so rare to find it outside of Japan. Even pirated.

11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12



The price for them went down at least.. from around $1000 to $600. Sentai Fireworks is going to re-release Fate/Stay Night on Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if they're redubbing it with the cast from Unlimited Blade Works or are keeping Geneon's dub. The prices aren't ridiculous, much much cheaper than anything released in Japan of the same thing. I would say Fate/Zero is reasonably priced in my opinion for everything it contains. Now, what gripes me a bit is Aniplex's Blu-Ray only release of Bakemonogatari from $150 which it essentially is the same thing as Nis America's DVD/Blu-Ray Combo release of AnoHana for $50. In that regard, I think Aniplex's DVD only release of Garden of Sinners for $150 is justified because it's so rare to find it outside of Japan. Even pirated.



I agree about bakemonogatari. I would really like to own that but the price is unreasonable.
50307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 11/25/12 , edited 11/25/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:




The price for them went down at least.. from around $1000 to $600. Sentai Fireworks is going to re-release Fate/Stay Night on Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if they're redubbing it with the cast from Unlimited Blade Works or are keeping Geneon's dub. The prices aren't ridiculous, much much cheaper than anything released in Japan of the same thing. I would say Fate/Zero is reasonably priced in my opinion for everything it contains. Now, what gripes me a bit is Aniplex's Blu-Ray only release of Bakemonogatari from $150 which it essentially is the same thing as Nis America's DVD/Blu-Ray Combo release of AnoHana for $50. In that regard, I think Aniplex's DVD only release of Garden of Sinners for $150 is justified because it's so rare to find it outside of Japan. Even pirated.



I agree about bakemonogatari. I would really like to own that but the price is unreasonable.


Plus the fact that it took them around three years to release it. I can't wait for Nisemonogatari to be released [/sarcasm].
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:




The price for them went down at least.. from around $1000 to $600. Sentai Fireworks is going to re-release Fate/Stay Night on Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if they're redubbing it with the cast from Unlimited Blade Works or are keeping Geneon's dub. The prices aren't ridiculous, much much cheaper than anything released in Japan of the same thing. I would say Fate/Zero is reasonably priced in my opinion for everything it contains. Now, what gripes me a bit is Aniplex's Blu-Ray only release of Bakemonogatari from $150 which it essentially is the same thing as Nis America's DVD/Blu-Ray Combo release of AnoHana for $50. In that regard, I think Aniplex's DVD only release of Garden of Sinners for $150 is justified because it's so rare to find it outside of Japan. Even pirated.



I agree about bakemonogatari. I would really like to own that but the price is unreasonable.


Plus the fact that it took them around three years to release it. I can't wait for Nisemonogatari to be released [/sarcasm].


looked at your profile. apparently you are as psyched as me for eva 3.0. OMG ITS GONNA BE SO GOOD ^^

First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.