First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The Legend of Kora, the next generation after Avatar and Ang.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / A Leave in the River
Offline
Posted 3/14/12
Re: he Legend of Kora, the next generation after Avatar and Ang.

I was wondering if we will be able to watch these eps here or not if we don't have nicktoons?

Do you like the original semi anime series or not. I deeply loved it. As excited as I am about this new series, I also felt sad to find out all the characters that we loved had passed and that Ang had died at an early age after his marriage to Katara and having 3 kids. Being locked up in that block of ice for 100 years some how messed his metabolism up and he began to rapidly age and passed on...:( *big time tears* I so adored Ang and the rest of the gang.

95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/14/12 , edited 3/14/12
Big fan of the original series and I'm looking forward to the new one. I like that it is getting it's own feel and that Kora is a very different kind of character (from what I've seen she is practically a 180 of Ang).

Mid April can't come soon enough
114152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 3/14/12 , edited 3/14/12
i don't think CR will ever get the hosting rights to stuff made in the west like the boondocks and stuff

i just hope metal bending is still around. toph was epic at it
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/15/12

uhohimdead wrote:

i don't think CR will ever get the hosting rights to stuff made in the west like the boondocks and stuff

i just hope metal bending is still around. toph was epic at it


It's still there, they've shown it in some of the preview clips.

Apparently Toph went on to become Chief of Police and all Cops are Metal Benders, including her kids.


Not sure which idea scares me more
Toph as a Cop or Toph as a Mom


114152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 3/15/12

Greylurker wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

i don't think CR will ever get the hosting rights to stuff made in the west like the boondocks and stuff

i just hope metal bending is still around. toph was epic at it


It's still there, they've shown it in some of the preview clips.

Apparently Toph went on to become Chief of Police and all Cops are Metal Benders, including her kids.


Not sure which idea scares me more
Toph as a Cop or Toph as a Mom




is it possible to link to them here?
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/12
This show is not anime, it's a poor imitation of anime, and has no real place in the 'anime' section of a forum.
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/15/12
a Quality Cartoon is a quality cartoon. and that is good enough in my eyes.

Besides it gets plenty of mention on the News pages of this Anime Site so it's fine.


besides odds are all the inbetweening gets done by the same Korean studios that the Japanese farm their work out to.
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/12 , edited 3/15/12

Greylurker wrote:

a Quality Cartoon is a quality cartoon. and that is good enough in my eyes.


That's fine, except this isn't a 'quality cartoon' forum, it's an anime forum.


Besides it gets plenty of mention on the News pages of this Anime Site so it's fine.


So does Gears of War and Mass Effect and a bunch of American games.

Doesn't mean anything, especially when other anime sites condemn it.

Personally I find this cartoon awful and a cheap imitation that fails to understand why anime is popular, but I'm speaking entirely out of facts when I say it's not an anime. You can't argue against this.
9848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / England
Offline
Posted 3/16/12
Should be good, I'm looking forward to it but as someone said before its scary to imagine Toph as a mom. Also has anything been released about what happened to Sokka.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/12 , edited 3/16/12
I love avatar!!!!!!!!!! American version of shonen anime. I hope they go dark with this new series if they wna 2 compete with great shonen anime like yuyu hakusho & fma . The 1st series had some plot hole a the end, i rly hope they resolve tht 2^^
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/16/12

Mertonan wrote:

This show is not anime, it's a poor imitation of anime, and has no real place in the 'anime' section of a forum.


really? im not sure your a troll or just a jerk lol but come on i think your being a bit to much of an elitist anime jerk. if you ask enough people they will tell you it can be bunched together with anime.
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/16/12

ShiroTakamura wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

a Quality Cartoon is a quality cartoon. and that is good enough in my eyes.


That's fine, except this isn't a 'quality cartoon' forum, it's an anime forum.


Besides it gets plenty of mention on the News pages of this Anime Site so it's fine.


So does Gears of War and Mass Effect and a bunch of American games.

Doesn't mean anything, especially when other anime sites condemn it.

Personally I find this cartoon awful and a cheap imitation that fails to understand why anime is popular, but I'm speaking entirely out of facts when I say it's not an anime. You can't argue against this.


what is it tonight nazi anime fan day?
5435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/16/12
anyways I like the show and I have high hopes for the new one.they probably wont have it here on crunchyroll but I would check the website to see if they also post the episodes on there a lot of sites for cartoons do now.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / A Leave in the River
Offline
Posted 3/16/12 , edited 3/16/12

Greylurker wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

i don't think CR will ever get the hosting rights to stuff made in the west like the boondocks and stuff

i just hope metal bending is still around. toph was epic at it


It's still there, they've shown it in some of the preview clips.

Apparently Toph went on to become Chief of Police and all Cops are Metal Benders, including her kids.


Not sure which idea scares me more
Toph as a Cop or Toph as a Mom




aaaaaaaha ha ha ha soooooo trueeeeee...... "I can feel you getting into the cookies..put them away now! Dinner is almost done!", huge slab of rock piles up with a flat surface, rapidly taking the cookies away as she stares at you, knowing she can smoosh you between too rock slabs or metal bend you into your chair for a time out, lmao




Mertonan wrote:

This show is not anime, it's a poor imitation of anime, and has no real place in the 'anime' section of a forum.





_mikecc_ wrote:


Mertonan wrote:

This show is not anime, it's a poor imitation of anime, and has no real place in the 'anime' section of a forum.


really? im not sure your a troll or just a jerk lol but come on i think your being a bit to much of an elitist anime jerk. if you ask enough people they will tell you it can be bunched together with anime.





_mikecc_ wrote:

anyways I like the show and I have high hopes for the new one.they probably wont have it here on crunchyroll but I would check the website to see if they also post the episodes on there a lot of sites for cartoons do now.


Sorry, but I agree completely with mikecc on this. Anime is a shortened name for animation... just like manga is the Japanese word for comic book. You are just nit picking and being elitist imo because the story makers and designers, producers are white and from and English speaking country. Instead of slamming them, they should be praised for being the first recognized ones to break down the cultural barrier between the two. Avatar was drawn and animated in Korea....and even the so called "pure" anime you are watching now often gets animated in Korea also. Sure it's a bit different but think of how may lives that show touched and affected... opening more doors for such in the future for all cultures. The biggest difference is in financing. Hollywood has a huge budget for live action films, where Japan has nearly none.... and like wise regarding animation here. Ease up on its classification... it's semi-anime, if you want and has every right to be here as Korean Films, Chinese films and other sources of entertainment.

I am very much looking forward to it, but don't have nick toons..:( I am sad a bit in the trailers knowing Ang and all the others have passed.... they are such beloved and endearing characters. I am having a hard time accepting the dramatic change in setting to a highrise industrial city in only 70 years... considering many factors... These are my thoughts on the matter.

5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/16/12 , edited 3/16/12

theandroidsoldier000 wrote:

I love avatar!!!!!!!!!! American version of shonen anime. I hope they go dark with this new series if they wna 2 compete with great shonen anime like yuyu hakusho & fma . The 1st series had some plot hole a the end, i rly hope they resolve tht 2^^


It's a kiddy show on Nickelodeon that can't even show people actually fighting/hurting each other.

I seriously doubt Nickelodeon is going to really make it half as good as those shows. Even Pokemon is edgier than Avatar.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.