First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles: OZMA
66652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/18/12

bluerunner wrote:

Hmm.... not impressed yet, maybe I'll check it out in a month when I'm done watching all freaking 500+ episodes of One Piece... now, on to the 200's...

Check it out in five weeks and you can marathon the series ~ its only a six episode series, after all, just about the length of a single movie.
6199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/18/12
Hurray yet another reason to look foward saturdays. This plus bodacious space pirates will give me more shows to look forward to on the weekend
37043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

Khaltazar wrote:


agila61
If you don't like the anime that they are producing in Japan for Spring 2012, how is that a failure of Crunchyroll?


There are plenty of good anime coming out:

Eureka Seven Ao
Fate/Zero (Part 2)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A

If they get those I would be fine.


I'm pretty sure Fate/Zero (Part 2) is coming seeing as when Fate/Zero (Part 1) ended and there was very specific post from CR stating it would be back later in 2012. Not sure if that's still fact, but I am sure I read that. As for Eureka Seven Ao, and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead, I'll bet my bottom dollar Bandia US, FUNI or Anime Network are working on a "simulcasting" deal. Bandai is on Hulu so a big simulcast would be a boon for them.

Bottom line is CR can't get everything even if we want them to. I don't see how a STACKED line up is failing. Study the economics of the Anime simulcast business - Eureka Seven is a BIG draw and Zombies are hot so the big three are def making hefty bids. I feel you though, it would be nice for CR to get everything seeing as they respect the properties and their subbing is the best out there. Meaning they respect Anime fans!
70173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

GrueSansGirl1 wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


agila61
If you don't like the anime that they are producing in Japan for Spring 2012, how is that a failure of Crunchyroll?


There are plenty of good anime coming out:

Eureka Seven Ao
Fate/Zero (Part 2)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A

If they get those I would be fine.


I'm pretty sure Fate/Zero (Part 2) is coming seeing as when Fate/Zero (Part 1) ended and there was very specific post from CR stating it would be back later in 2012. Not sure if that's still fact, but I am sure I read that. As for Eureka Seven Ao, and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead, I'll bet my bottom dollar Bandia US, FUNI or Anime Network are working on a "simulcasting" deal. Bandai is on Hulu so a big simulcast would be a boon for them.

Bottom line is CR can't get everything even if we want them to. I don't see how a STACKED line up is failing. Study the economics of the Anime simulcast business - Eureka Seven is a BIG draw and Zombies are hot so the big three are def making hefty bids. I feel you though, it would be nice for CR to get everything seeing as they respect the properties and their subbing is the best out there. Meaning they respect Anime fans!


I just don't see why they force us to get three or more subscriptions for anime whwn it should all be on one place.
61066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / F / 5280 feet above s...
Offline
Posted 3/19/12
Ah, now THIS brings back some memories... takes me back a good 30 years.
34383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / dalton ga
Offline
Posted 3/19/12
thats ture but im not realy into si fi
37043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

Khaltazar wrote:
I just don't see why they force us to get three or more subscriptions for anime whwn it should all be on one place.


Oh I totally agree. In a perfect world it would all be in one place, preferably here, or at least a 50/50 split with Hulu. I don't mind paying for convenience and access.
35531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

Khaltazar wrote:


GrueSansGirl1 wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


agila61
If you don't like the anime that they are producing in Japan for Spring 2012, how is that a failure of Crunchyroll?


There are plenty of good anime coming out:

Eureka Seven Ao
Fate/Zero (Part 2)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A

If they get those I would be fine.


I'm pretty sure Fate/Zero (Part 2) is coming seeing as when Fate/Zero (Part 1) ended and there was very specific post from CR stating it would be back later in 2012. Not sure if that's still fact, but I am sure I read that. As for Eureka Seven Ao, and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead, I'll bet my bottom dollar Bandia US, FUNI or Anime Network are working on a "simulcasting" deal. Bandai is on Hulu so a big simulcast would be a boon for them.

Bottom line is CR can't get everything even if we want them to. I don't see how a STACKED line up is failing. Study the economics of the Anime simulcast business - Eureka Seven is a BIG draw and Zombies are hot so the big three are def making hefty bids. I feel you though, it would be nice for CR to get everything seeing as they respect the properties and their subbing is the best out there. Meaning they respect Anime fans!


I just don't see why they force us to get three or more subscriptions for anime whwn it should all be on one place.


@GrueSansGirl: Bandai Entertainment isn't licensing anything new. They're basically almost dead. They aren't relevent to the who is going to stream Eureka Seven AO if it gets streamed. Funimation tends not to license series that they don't already have the first season to. I could see TAN beating out CR for the simulcast. I think it all depends on who is handling the international distribution for Eureka Seven AO.

@Khaltazar: Simple reason why different simulcasts are spread across the different legitimate streaming sites is capitalism. Some licensors like to have only one company handle everything for a particular region. Also Funico wants to be the top dog and Crunchyroll is their biggest competitor so they have their reasons to want to lock down certain anime so Crunchyroll doesn't get it. Also Japanese producers seem to like Nico Nico even though it is arguably an inferior streaming site than Crunchyroll. And most of the streaming sites have some ad-supported streams so saying that you are "forced" into getting multiple subscriptions is a little bit of hyperbole.

I also have good reason to believe that Saki: Achiga-hen and Fate/Zero 2nd will be on Crunchyroll. I have a hunch(but it is only a hunch) that Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead won't be.

2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/12
All I needed to know was that Leiji was involved with the series. He is one of the reasons i'm an anime fan. He's a master of science fiction, between this, the new battleship yamamoto and the CGI Captain Harlock movie it looks like there's going to be a revival going on. I wouldn't mind seing CR pick up Space Cosmo Warrior Zero.
30041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
Ha, the doctor has sake and a cat in the ED. This is so Matsumoto. The video picture quality was also very clean and sharp. Too often these HD transfers look like upscaled images and tend to peak out at 720p at best. Then again I was just watching some Funi simulcast stuff which looks awful.
The Wise Wizard
75092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

rmiyashiro wrote:
Then again I was just watching some Funi simulcast stuff which looks awful.

If you are viewing them at the Funimation site, I believe they are still doing only 360p for the simulcasts. Before the Funico deal, I watched them at Hulu so that I could view them in 480p, but the best quality for the Funimation simulcasts (Fall 2011 and onward) is had at NicoNico.com.



24200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
Damnit my monday half an hour killer Bleach is going bye bye next week I'm soo sad!
Why did they decide to cancel it?
30041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
I watch Mirai Nikki, a on Hulu Plus, and Shana III on Hulu. I also believe they are 480p, but Viz's 480p content like Cross Game and the 480p stuff here look much better, so maybe they are just scaling Funi's stuff on Hulu. Then again I have had issues with Funimation's DVDs in the past especially with blocking artifacts which is more a compression issue than a resolution issue. Back OT I wonder if the source material for Ozma is less compressed since it looks almost Blu-ray to me. It might be the solid vibrant color palette as well, since shows like Fate Zero (which someone cited as being one of the better PQ shows here?) seem muddy which is in part I believe in the color scheme and softer contrast. The line work in Ozma is very bold.

Also Matsumoto has too many similar names shared with classic Harlock like Mime and Mimei or Maya and Mayu. Or the worst is Yuuki and Yuki from Galaxy Railways.
Myki52 
56312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / F / LA CA and out of...
Offline
Posted 3/21/12
I'll enjoy what they can get and hope for the best. It's not like I cn't go elsewhere if they can't get them. I still prefere CR over any other site for quality and other perks! ✌۵(☮‿☮)۵ 毎 気
47255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / ATL
Offline
Posted 3/23/12
Excited...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.