First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Guns, what would you suggest?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/19/12


What has Jack Sparrow got to do with anything? Why have you spelt english with an r? Not every english person is good, and our country has some flaws. But not as many as yours it seems.
53239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



Well I come from the UK where we are against killing animals for no reason. It certainly isn't a sport. It is just cruel. And we invented "soccer" and we call it football. And all other european countries call it football too so it is football, not bloody soccer!
You know what else is legal in the US? Owning a gun. Having sex at 13 in some states. Does that mean it is ok? Nope.

I'm so so glad I don't have to live in your crazy country.


I don't know which England/Great Britain/United Kingdoms you live in, but the one on my planet is actively hunting to this day..
So maybe you're against it, but your country as a whole is not. I don't like hunting personally, it's much more fun playing Paintball where no one/nothing get's hurt.. Not on purpouse atleast..

One of the most ironic things in this world are hunters who kill animals in "self-defense", but demand an lynch mob if an animal successfully defends itself against them.

I completely agree with the Football/Soccer thing though, only America calls an sport where you mainly carry the "ball" with your hands Foot"ball". You umm.. like see there? You um.. like.. um... got it.. um.. confused.. *YES! I nailed the.. Scen.. um.. WORDS!* =D
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



What has Jack Sparrow got to do with anything? Why have you spelt english with an r? Not every english person is good, and our country has some flaws. But not as many as yours it seems.


I'm just messing around and trying to have fun. That's something YOU cant do cus you're too busy downsizing.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 3/19/12

JoeSurf wrote:


I'm just messing around and trying to have fun. That's something YOU cant do cus you're too busy downsizing.


Sup Joe, ain't seen in you in a while.

But yeah, even though she disagrees with almost everyone, she has good intentions, I assure you.
Posted 3/19/12
BWAHAHAAHAH! Damn, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time now.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/19/12


So what if some snobby upper class people still hunt despite it's ban? The majority of the opulation are against it. And I can't understand why people find it ok to kill animals for no reason if it is for "hunting". If I went round shooting cats, people wouldn't like it. But animals like deer? Oh..that's totally fine!
And yeah, the football thing is weird. It makes no sense.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/19/12


If it is meant to be a joke...then I am afraid I don't get it. Sorry if you were trying to lighten the mood but I don't see the humour.
Posted 3/20/12
wow thats alot of spoiler alert thingys, is this topic about real guns or airsoft guns?
toxxin 
43361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



Fox hunting is now illegal. And when it was legal, there was a great deal of effort to change that but as in a lot of countries, the rich think they don't have to follow the law. However, in the US it is common people who hunt and the government makes no effort to change it.
All countries have done bad things in the past but we change them and make them illegal to improve. We have progressed by banning it but you haven't.
And what on earth has religion got to do with this? I'm an atheist. Which if you are too stupid to understand means I don't believe in God and don't follow a religion. You don't need to have a religon to know what is right and wrong.
And out of our two countries, I think you will find it is the USA that has the most religious fanatics.


You bore me and the religion comment was simply about people like you shoving your ideals down other peoples throats who really dont want your advice. For starters this was a thread about what a good gun would be for hunting not a thread about your personal views about hunting, guns, and the other crap you spew out of that obnoxious mouth. iIf you hadn't planned on mentioning what kind of gun the guy should get to show off to his buddies don't comment. And if you feel like sharing your beliefs with others on here that might actually care open up your own thread. Thus I have said all I wish to say on the subject.
To OP I hope you got some good ideas about what to buy before this turned into a flame war over politics and morals and anything else that has been/will be said on the subject.

Oh and just one more thing. Don't you EVER insult my intelligence you little twit.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/20/12


people like you that give religions a bad nam
e

That's what you said. I fail to see how that works if I'm not part of a religion.
I suppose you are right on some level though. I shouldn't try and share my opinions. You know why? Because people who like guns are always gonna be screwed up, don't matter what intelligent argument I use.
toxxin 
43361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

eclair-lumiere wrote:



people like you that give religions a bad nam
e

That's what you said. I fail to see how that works if I'm not part of a religion.
I suppose you are right on some level though. I shouldn't try and share my opinions. You know why? Because people who like guns are always gonna be screwed up, don't matter what intelligent argument I use.


Yet again i shall clarify. You are pushy, there are very similar people in various religions, pushy people give religions a bad name. Therefore people like you give religion a bad name. I can reword it again if you still aren't following.
Yes you can call the gun loving people of the world screwed up but the people that like guns vastly outnumber the people that don't. "Why?" you may be asking youself, It is simple. All humans are wired to kill wether you want to admit it or not and guns and blades and everything else around you are tools for killing. We kill because we are monkeys, monkeys are omnivores thats why we have canine teeth. We kill to survive. We kill to eat. We kill for faith. We kill for land. We kill for our families. We kill for fun. Humans have an innate desire to kill and wether you agree or not its how we have always been and always will be. Morally killing is wrong but it is easily justified. So let me ask you one thing. Would you rather those gun nuts focus their attention on you or that little squirrel in a tree?
39672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / District of Colombia
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
See one thing I never got was why everyone tries to correlate Soccer to American Football, especially since the latter is way more based on Rugby than Soccer. Another thing i have never really gotten was how someone could go around sticking to their comfort zone of hipster friends and like-minded websites, or what have you, and think that they are in the majority. A cursory glance of the web showed me several sites that not only embrace hunting in the UK, all parts, but actively pursue it with some forms of hunting are more popular than ever:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/countryside/8872182/Why-fox-hunting-is-more-popular-than-ever.html..

My advice would be to expand, I've known plenty of people from England who were more avid fans of hunting than people I knew from the US and most of them were good people. Oh, and before you try to throw it in my face, I don't even like hunting, but I understand it. Can you say the same thing?
Posted 3/21/12
The only animals I'd like to hunt are people like the OP, so you'd better hide if they ever allow it.
Posted 3/21/12 , edited 3/21/12
I would suggest the Marlin 22LR 60. 14 round tubular load. I own one and call it the "economy" gun. Very cheap to buy new, and we all know how much 22LR is. Take it hunting or use it for pinking, depending what you're going for you can challenge yourself with this round. Small/Light, out of all my guns this has performed the best!
139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Europe
Offline
Posted 3/21/12 , edited 3/21/12

geckobass5 wrote:

This is America, for now we still have rights and one of those rights is the right to keep and bear arms. Why do you think our founders felt it necessary to make keeping and using weapons the number 2 freedom just behind freedom of speech? Because your former king used to raid peoples homes and take them and our founders felt the power was supposed to reside in the people not the government. The government is supposed to fear the people not the other way around. So... It's not crazy to use keep bear or discuss firearms, nor hunt. It IS part of our culture.
It is only now that the Marxist / Socialist President is making inroads to destroying civil liberties in the US . Hopefully he will be unemployed soon and you can elect him in your country because he is not American by birth.

Any more questions?


The reason your precious law is still in effect in the United States is because of the founders you so fondly speak of and their ideas of having to protect themselves from robbers and villains who could break into their wooden houses. But this is the 21th century. We've evolved. No need for such extreme measures anymore.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.