First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply When will we get season 3 of The World God Only Knows?
32362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Floating by.....s...
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Is the second season on CR?
22072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alabama ( Previo...
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Unless it's unavailable in your specific region, yes, it is.
25418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nestled between E...
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
I find it strange how it seems like it was doing very well with all of the character album releases and other associated materials, but I guess that might be run of the mill promotion. It's especially odd how a show with a good plot and interesting characters wouldn't keep the attention of a nation which has varying employment, values, and whose media often display a strong affinity to stories with otherworldly creatures, as well as some fantastic stretches of realism. 神のみ is pretty exemplary of those elements, and I think the element of realism is present enough as well. It's sad that it didn't do well, but at least the manga is still running, and wayyyy ahead of the anime story arc, mind you.

There might be a season 3 in the future, but unless the sky suddenly rains down money for the producers and the show gets green-lit beyond 神のみぞOAD status, it may be a long shot. =[
22072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alabama ( Previo...
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
I haven't read the manga myself, but are there any particularly long story arcs that take place after the events of Season 2 ended?

If that's the case, then there are a number of possibilities for a potential Season 3:

I'll be optimistic and say first that they already have plans for Season 3, and they're trying to figure out a way to flesh out the arcs that establish the main plot (since that hasn't been covered yet in the anime so far, it seems) without cutting the story short in any way. It's a bit of a stretch to say that Season 3 will consist of 24 episodes, so I would assume that they will use the Tenri OVA as a prologue for the events of Season 3. Considering that the "Tenri Arc" is essential to the main story, this seems to be a logical step for both promoting the continuation of the series and ensuring that none of the important scenes are left out.

The second possibility that I'm hoping for is that they're using the OVA as a test to see how popular the idea of Season 3 is. If this is the case, then they'll take a similar approach, except that the OVA will be presented more as a standalone story rather than a prologue. Of course, the story doesn't end, but they won't leave such a cruel message as "I can see the ending!" as they did at the end of Season 2.

Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge the all too real possibility that Season 3 will never come. I acknowledge it, but I refuse to accept it.

As long as there is a shred of hope for Season 3, I'll continue to support it.
39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

Mikko_Osaki wrote:

I started watching season 2 and I think it should stop there. It's a fun anime but I don't see it continuing because it's lacking depth. I'm glad it only has 2 seasons..if it were to continue we would have people complaining about how horrible it got.


And thus is the opinion of someone who does not read the manga.
36857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/31/12

IkkiTheFang wrote:

Is the second season on CR?


Yep
32362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Floating by.....s...
Offline
Posted 7/31/12

Tashfinz wrote:


IkkiTheFang wrote:

Is the second season on CR?


Yep


It must be two 12 ep seasons in one then?
36857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/31/12

IkkiTheFang wrote:


Tashfinz wrote:


IkkiTheFang wrote:

Is the second season on CR?


Yep


It must be two 12 ep seasons in one then?


Yeah
22072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alabama ( Previo...
Offline
Posted 8/7/12 , edited 8/7/12
The 19th volume and OVA is currently available, as of today, for preorder on CD Japan! I instantly secured my copy. I can't wait until October!

Hope and pray the third season is on its way!
46351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/7/12 , edited 8/7/12

Karbunos wrote:

I haven't read the manga myself, but are there any particularly long story arcs that take place after the events of Season 2 ended?

If that's the case, then there are a number of possibilities for a potential Season 3:

I'll be optimistic and say first that they already have plans for Season 3, and they're trying to figure out a way to flesh out the arcs that establish the main plot (since that hasn't been covered yet in the anime so far, it seems) without cutting the story short in any way. It's a bit of a stretch to say that Season 3 will consist of 24 episodes, so I would assume that they will use the Tenri OVA as a prologue for the events of Season 3. Considering that the "Tenri Arc" is essential to the main story, this seems to be a logical step for both promoting the continuation of the series and ensuring that none of the important scenes are left out.

The second possibility that I'm hoping for is that they're using the OVA as a test to see how popular the idea of Season 3 is. If this is the case, then they'll take a similar approach, except that the OVA will be presented more as a standalone story rather than a prologue. Of course, the story doesn't end, but they won't leave such a cruel message as "I can see the ending!" as they did at the end of Season 2.

Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge the all too real possibility that Season 3 will never come. I acknowledge it, but I refuse to accept it.

As long as there is a shred of hope for Season 3, I'll continue to support it.


after season 2

hope for a better tomorrow, hope for a season 3
7462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/12 , edited 8/7/12
would you say it was more popular here than in japan? and would you think if it gained enough popularity here in the states they would release a 3rd season? Do they even take us into account for that kinda stuff?
The Wise Wizard
75068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/7/12

saajuk wrote:

would you say it was more popular here than in japan? and would you think if it gained enough popularity here in the states they would release a 3rd season? Do they even take us into account for that kinda stuff?

It rarely has enough effect to do more than tip it over if it was on the edge. Keep in mind anime in the U.S. sells for a fraction of the cost of what it does on Japan, and the license only gets a fraction of that.

0ompa 
22014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
So many series end a couple seasons short because of funding reasons , , , but why don't the people who make the shows get revenue from commercials and such like in america, why does it always seem like they depend on dvd sales for another season?
27026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
It's kind of funny that the show got cancelled before it got good.
19379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

trilobear wrote:

It's kind of funny that the show got cancelled before it got good.
I hear ya. They pretty much took two seasons to introduce most of the cast of characters in what appears on the surface to be just an episodal tell a small story and then never revisit it fashion. Its not until a few more conquests down the road when Tenri is introduced that we come to realize that things are nowhere near as random as they seem, and that there is an actual central plot line that ties everything together.

Maybe that was part of the problem. They kind of had to include all of the conquests in full, in order to not make it obvious for the future plotline which girls are actually important to the main plot, and they kind of all needed their own episodes dedicated to that, which ate up a huge chunk of episodes in the short seasons they had. So in the course of two seasons they didn't have much time to do much more than tell introductory stories, which might of lead viewers to believe that they were just going to be seeing more and more of the same. I honestly wonder if they had done the first season as a 24 episode run covering the material of both seasons, and then were able to get into the actual plot partway through the second season if it would have kept interest in viewers to continue onward. Obviously the first season was successful enough that they were greenlit for a second season and I don't think that would have changed if viewers were given all the episodes at once while their enthusiasm was still running high, and a new season that actually progressed the story might have held onto more viewers.

I'll still hold out hope for them to release more of this as its one of my favorite manga to read.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.