First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
Summer 2012 anime
35531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/12

Rito2Ru wrote:


stark700 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
I want to see it on CR too
MAL says its currently airing so I don't know
(and I don't even know when we might get that next CR announcement)

First episode aired earlier today ;)

sooo...I'm guessing low chance of seeing it here?


There was always a low chance of KoiChoco making it to Crunchyroll since TBS series rarely are simulcast and when they are, like The Idolm@aster, the delay was something like 3 weeks.

Series from that TBS Thursday block do tend to be licensed, so there is a chance it could make its way to TAN(if Sentai licenses it) or Funimation(if they wind up licensing it).

And since that J-drama Vision has been announced, I think the next TBD box will be Ebiten which starts more than a week from now. Small chance of it being Hakuouki (since Sentai has licensed all of it) or Dog Days (the last 3 catalog titles that Crunchyroll has added which were Night Raid 1931, Xam'd: Lost Memories and Ano Hana were all produced by Aniplex).
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 7/6/12
Any chance of more shows being added to the summer line up?
50314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 7/6/12
still a box empty but could be a second drama, they seem to post the day before the first episode...
29050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/12
Lets just hope they release the PS3 app before the summer season is halfway over.
22381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Towson, Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/6/12
Sword Art Online is now planned for 11:30 AM EST on Saturday. Thats only 30 minutes after it airs... glad to see its a true simulcast.
72377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/12 , edited 7/7/12
Meanwhile Utakoi ep 2 is scheduled to come out a day before it airs in Japan

Update: fixed now
62307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/7/12
I don't think UTAKOI will be popular to Japan.... maybe the creators thought it would be more profitable overseas. Just a thought. Please be nice.
The Wise Wizard
76104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/7/12

llamaben wrote:

Meanwhile Utakoi ep 2 is scheduled to come out a day before it airs in Japan

The air time in Japan is 1:30 AM on Tuesday, which is equivalent to 12:30 PM EDT on Monday in the United States. I don't see a placeholder at the moment for the second episode. At this moment the page is still showing the simulcast time as 12:00 AM CDT on Tuesdays, which should be 1:00 AM EDT the same day, or 10:00 PM PDT on Monday; 9.5 hours after it first airs in Japan.

What did you see that made it appear it was to be simulcast a day before it aired in Japan? Did they have a placeholder for the second episode showing an incorrect download clock?

113351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 7/7/12

RyanSaotome wrote:

Sword Art Online is now planned for 11:30 AM EST on Saturday. Thats only 30 minutes after it airs... glad to see its a true simulcast.


Aw yeah i guess it wasnt a nico nico sub license after all. Makes me curious if sentai has it and saving it for otacon or if viz got it and decided to share with CR.
72377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/12 , edited 7/7/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


llamaben wrote:

Meanwhile Utakoi ep 2 is scheduled to come out a day before it airs in Japan

The air time in Japan is 1:30 AM on Tuesday, which is equivalent to 12:30 PM EDT on Monday in the United States. I don't see a placeholder at the moment for the second episode. At this moment the page is still showing the simulcast time as 12:00 AM CDT on Tuesdays, which should be 1:00 AM EDT the same day, or 10:00 PM PDT on Monday; 9.5 hours after it first airs in Japan.

What did you see that made it appear it was to be simulcast a day before it aired in Japan? Did they have a placeholder for the second episode showing an incorrect download clock?

I sent a report when I posted about it and it looks like it's fixed now (ep1 had the same time but it was moved). It was showing at the same time as Oda Nobuna before.
AMC44 
21096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / P.R
Offline
Posted 7/7/12

theskyflame wrote:


RyanSaotome wrote:

Sword Art Online is now planned for 11:30 AM EST on Saturday. Thats only 30 minutes after it airs... glad to see its a true simulcast.


Aw yeah i guess it wasnt a nico nico sub license after all. Makes me curious if sentai has it and saving it for otacon or if viz got it and decided to share with CR.


I really don't see viz sharing with CR, will be first I think simulcasting I mean, a sub license from sentai- I'm sure is going to announce it soon, all that money they have inside little piggy bank, I put my money on them, they got it
The Wise Wizard
76104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/7/12
Updates to initial message:

Added simulcast premiere date and simulcast day and time information for Sword Art Online
Moved Campione! and Natsuyuki Rendezvous to "Current Crunchyroll simulcasts" section
59954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 7/7/12
The longer we wait for CR to update that final simulcast slot, the more I believe they are planning to get Ebiten.
113351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 7/7/12
So what are SAO's territories? are they the same as the other sentai sub licenses or...?
The Wise Wizard
76104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/7/12
BasouKazuma confirmed that Oda Nobuna, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse and YuruYuri Season 2 are worldwide except for Japan for premium members, so I will be able to add that to the next update to the initial message.



deadpanditto wrote:

The longer we wait for CR to update that final simulcast slot, the more I believe they are planning to get Ebiten.

While it is the only series not targeted at children that both has not been aired and is not licensed, it could be an earlier title for which they have not worked out the contract details.

While one might have expected that they would get Tanken Driland as it is a TV Tokyo, there certainly have been TV Tokyo series before they didn't get (i.e., Aquarion Evol). Toei Animation being the studio had it on my "maybe not" list from the start.

If one discounts the two TBS series, that leaves only Dog Days', Moyashimon Returns and Joshiraku.

Joshiraku seems to be an odd omission, as it appears to be handled by Starchild/King Records, and is being simulcast in Japan by niconico.jp.

FYI, Ebi-ten (which appears to be handled by Kadokawa) is also to be simulcast in Japan by niconico.jp, and any series simulcast there has very high odds of being simulcast by some company in the United States. By contrast, they are not streaming either Dog Days or either of the noitaminA series.


All things considered, Ebi-ten or Joshiraku seem the most likely candidates.

I should note, however, that CR has yet to pull out an "I didn't expect that" license yet this season (although getting the second Cardfight! series a season after it started was something of a surprise), so I am hoping they will pull one off by getting Dog Days'.
First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.