Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Summer 2012 anime
32477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/12
Since Crunchyroll is close to getting what they are going to get for Spring(33 as the final total would be my guess), I guess I'll look at and guess who will get some of these series:
Crunchyroll:
Horizon 2- Slam dunk. CR even prematurely added it to "continuing" so that's one that I am sure of.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous- I don't think Funimation will license a josei series so this is the easier of the two NoitaminA ones to get.
Moyashimon Returns- Funimation having the live action movie makes CR having this slightly less likely, but I think this has a good shot of being on CR since the concept may be strange for Funimation's target audiences.
Kingdom- Crunchyroll doesn't seem to get many NHK series, but I am optimistic.
Tari Tari- Unless TBS is handling this PA Works series, I think it will go to CR and possibly be licensed by Sentai. The staff(most of the Hanaseku Iroha staff) suggests this could be a YTV series.
Sword Art Online- A-1 being behind this means Aniplex and Aniplex has a good relationship with CR so this has a good chance of being streamed here.

Funimation:
Aruvu Rezzle- Unless Sentai licenses it, this is very likely a Funico stream.
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica- This just feels like something that Funimation would try to license.

Sentai/TheAnimeNetwork
note: Sentai shares most of what it gets with Crunchyroll.
Horizon 2- they licensed this.
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate- TBS series and Sentai licenses quite a bit of VN adaptations.
Binbou-gami ga- Sentai licenses some Sunrise stuff and I can see this getting a really funny Foster dub.

Viz/Hulu
Rinne 2- Unless Viz follows Sentai's lead, this is likely US only and won't be on Crunchyroll.







109479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 4/10/12
@pist if LB is airing in the summer that will defenitly go to sentai and they might share it with CR and if they do..man it could be pretty huge on here given how popular clannad was when it was on here.
32477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

theskyflame wrote:

@pist if LB is airing in the summer that will defenitly go to sentai and they might share it with CR and if they do..man it could be pretty huge on here given how popular clannad was when it was on here.


I stand by my hunch that Little Busters is a Fall series.

Sentai getting it is possible, but Key went with Warner Brothers Japan as their production company, and I would assume WB Japan is the international distributor which means that Viz has a shot at licensing Little Busters too(since WB is tied in with Bleach and Death Note, both Viz licenses). Key might put in a good word with WB Japan about Sentai though.

I also forget to put YuruYuri season 2 under the Crunchyroll column since CR streamed the first season.

109479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

pistolsaf wrote:


theskyflame wrote:

@pist if LB is airing in the summer that will defenitly go to sentai and they might share it with CR and if they do..man it could be pretty huge on here given how popular clannad was when it was on here.


I stand by my hunch that Little Busters is a Fall series.

Sentai getting it is possible, but Key went with Warner Brothers Japan as their production company, and I would assume WB Japan is the international distributor which means that Viz has a shot at licensing Little Busters too(since WB is tied in with Bleach and Death Note, both Viz licenses). Key might put in a good word with WB Japan about Sentai though.

I also forget to put YuruYuri season 2 under the Crunchyroll column since CR streamed the first season.



sentai got both kamisama no memo cho and ro kyu bu both warner bros titles and given that they just announced the op and ending i doubt its a fall series but its always possible.
16340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / England
Offline
Posted 4/10/12
That's a lot of shit looking stuff.
I'd watch;
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Arcana Famiglia
Aruvu Rezuru
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Ookami Kodomo no ame to yuki

These are the most intriguing and unique looking ones, the rest of it looks like generic, insipid trash, frankly.
127097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/12
Hmm Sword Art Online, read the manga tbh not very interesting tho. >.< But looking forward to Code Geass's Ova XD I seriously thought it was a sequel at first, hmm did they change it? O.o
35063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

ber45347 wrote:

Hmm Sword Art Online, read the manga tbh not very interesting tho. >.< But looking forward to Code Geass's Ova XD I seriously thought it was a sequel at first, hmm did they change it? O.o


I think it is supposed to be a side story instead of a sequel.
127097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

volcan_98 wrote:


ber45347 wrote:

Hmm Sword Art Online, read the manga tbh not very interesting tho. >.< But looking forward to Code Geass's Ova XD I seriously thought it was a sequel at first, hmm did they change it? O.o


I think it is supposed to be a side story instead of a sequel.


Yea do you know why they changed it?
35063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

ber45347 wrote:


volcan_98 wrote:


ber45347 wrote:

Hmm Sword Art Online, read the manga tbh not very interesting tho. >.< But looking forward to Code Geass's Ova XD I seriously thought it was a sequel at first, hmm did they change it? O.o


I think it is supposed to be a side story instead of a sequel.


Yea do you know why they changed it?


No idea. I never really followed Geass closely. Might try asking @TheAncientOne
127097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/12

volcan_98 wrote:


ber45347 wrote:


volcan_98 wrote:


ber45347 wrote:

Hmm Sword Art Online, read the manga tbh not very interesting tho. >.< But looking forward to Code Geass's Ova XD I seriously thought it was a sequel at first, hmm did they change it? O.o


I think it is supposed to be a side story instead of a sequel.


Yea do you know why they changed it?


No idea. I never really followed Geass closely. Might try asking @TheAncientOne


I see, it's alright thanks.
32477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/12 , edited 4/17/12

theskyflame wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:


theskyflame wrote:

@pist if LB is airing in the summer that will defenitly go to sentai and they might share it with CR and if they do..man it could be pretty huge on here given how popular clannad was when it was on here.


I stand by my hunch that Little Busters is a Fall series.

Sentai getting it is possible, but Key went with Warner Brothers Japan as their production company, and I would assume WB Japan is the international distributor which means that Viz has a shot at licensing Little Busters too(since WB is tied in with Bleach and Death Note, both Viz licenses). Key might put in a good word with WB Japan about Sentai though.

I also forget to put YuruYuri season 2 under the Crunchyroll column since CR streamed the first season.



sentai got both kamisama no memo cho and ro kyu bu both warner bros titles and given that they just announced the op and ending i doubt its a fall series but its always possible.


OP and ED being announced does tend to make it look like a Summer series, and thank you for letting me know about those WB titles going to Sentai.

I have faith that JC Staff could make this a great anime series. Key is supervising so that will help offset their tendency to stray from the source material. The director and the series composition guy makes me wonder if they are biting off more than they can chew. Nagai as the director and (this would be controversial) Okada doing series composition would have been a better combo.

Again, Little Busters could be their next Toradora (a LN adaptation) rather than their next Tsukihime (an adaptation of a Type-Moon VN)

EDIT: To get this thread back on topic, another series has been confirmed for July.
Chitose Get You!!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-12/chitose-get-you-anime-to-premiere-in-july

EDIT2: Of note: To Love-Ru Darkness(OAD) comes out August 17th. Animated by Xebec and director and character designer announced. To Love-Ru Darkness(TV) to air some time after OAD comes out. My instincts say that the TV series will come out in Fall since they announced Xebec is animating that too and also those staff announced.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/17/to-love-ru-darkness-anime-to-be-both-tv-series-and-oad

EDIT3: When I was checking a thread in ANN, I noticed that Neregate released version 2 of their chart:
http://static.neregate.com/2012/04/neregate.com-Summer-2012-Anime-v2.png

They added the ones that FanSubWiki had as Summer series and they added the Chitose Get You anime as mentioned in this post.

355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/17/12
these anime's are what interests me

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Rinne no Lagrange Second Season
Sword Art Online
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II
Campione!
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Dog Days Second Season
La storia della Arcana Famiglia
might ad more when the next chart comes out depending on what on it
60685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/18/12 , edited 4/18/12
Natsuyuki Rendezvous is listed as 11 episodes in MAL.
18055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Where am I to, go...
Offline
Posted 4/18/12
well I see nothing that Interests me In the summer season so far either.
35063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 4/18/12

LordSadas wrote:

well I see nothing that Interests me In the summer season so far either.


I doubt everything that will be released has been announced yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.