First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
Summer 2012 anime
The Wise Wizard
74666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/29/12

pistolsaf wrote:
Funimation getting Aquarion EVOL explains why Crunchyroll couldn't stream it. I bet they've been sitting on it for a while, and decided Otakon was the best place to announce it. I just hope they don't say it's a "simulcast"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-28/funimation-licenses-aquarion-evol-tv-anime

Aniplex revealing that Bakemonogateri getting streamed very likely means that Crunchyroll will get it. Although I would be disappointed if C only got the first 12 episodes. I wouldn't mind if they made the last 3 episodes premium members only.

I can't recall if Funimation has picked up any stream only licenses after the season was over before (they probably have), but I expect even they wouldn't try to label Aquarion Evol as a simulcast. I do expect they will only put up no more than 2 episodes per week, however, just as they do with many sub-only shows new to streaming.

As to Bakemonogateri, I expect it will follow the traditional outlets for Aniplex shows: Crackle, Crunchyroll, & Hulu. I also expect that much like Oreimo we won't get all the episodes that are present on disc, only those that were broadcast.


Back on topic, I should have one or two more updates to add to the original message, those being related to when CR makes the first seasons of Dog Days and Moyasimon available. Frankly, given that Dog Days first series was announced simultaneously with the current series, I am disappointed it is taking longer to appear than the first series of Working!! (Wagnaria!!) did. It will irritate me a bit if the first Moyasimon series actually beats it to the punch.

35525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/12 , edited 7/30/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:
Funimation getting Aquarion EVOL explains why Crunchyroll couldn't stream it. I bet they've been sitting on it for a while, and decided Otakon was the best place to announce it. I just hope they don't say it's a "simulcast"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-28/funimation-licenses-aquarion-evol-tv-anime

Aniplex revealing that Bakemonogateri getting streamed very likely means that Crunchyroll will get it. Although I would be disappointed if C only got the first 12 episodes. I wouldn't mind if they made the last 3 episodes premium members only.

I can't recall if Funimation has picked up any stream only licenses after the season was over before (they probably have), but I expect even they wouldn't try to label Aquarion Evol as a simulcast. I do expect they will only put up no more than 2 episodes per week, however, just as they do with many sub-only shows new to streaming.

As to Bakemonogateri, I expect it will follow the traditional outlets for Aniplex shows: Crackle, Crunchyroll, & Hulu. I also expect that much like Oreimo we won't get all the episodes that are present on disc, only those that were broadcast.


Back on topic, I should have one or two more updates to add to the original message, those being related to when CR makes the first seasons of Dog Days and Moyasimon available. Frankly, given that Dog Days first series was announced simultaneously with the current series, I am disappointed it is taking longer to appear than the first series of Working!! (Wagnaria!!) did. It will irritate me a bit if the first Moyasimon series actually beats it to the punch.



I am also annoyed the first season of Dog Days isn't up yet but I will be patient for it and the first season of Moyashimon to be added so I can add them to my queue.

And the recently announced but not put on the site news forum yet Angel Beats! page is up
http://www.crunchyroll.com/angel-beats

I am thinking it's North America only, but I wouldn't mind llamaben verifying that.

I also renewed my request for Bakemonogateri in the premium members forum and requested that Crunchyroll get all 15 episodes if they can.

EDIT: I guess I should have checked Site News first. They put the post up an hour ago. And it is North America only.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-771107/angel-beats-comes-to-crunchyroll
The Wise Wizard
74666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/30/12

pistolsaf wrote:
I am also annoyed the first season of Dog Days isn't up yet but I will be patient for it and the first season of Moyashimon to be added so I can add them to my queue.

And the recently announced but not put on the site news forum yet Angel Beats! page is up
http://www.crunchyroll.com/angel-beats

I am thinking it's North America only, but I wouldn't mind llamaben verifying that.

I also renewed my request for Bakemonogateri in the premium members forum and requested that Crunchyroll get all 15 episodes if they can.

EDIT: I guess I should have checked Site News first. They put the post up an hour ago. And it is North America only.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-771107/angel-beats-comes-to-crunchyroll

At least that confirms that I am looking in the correct place for the country codes in the source of the RSS feed, as they are listed as:
ca pr us vi as gu um
(Canada, Puerto Rico, United States, (U.S.) Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and whatever "um" stands for [U.S. military perhaps?]).

Over in the ANN forums, when I predicted the 3 Sentai shows would be U.S. & Canada only, Shiroi Hane, the ANN Encyclopedia editor pointed out that Sentai actually has UK rights to Angel Beats!, but had sub-licensed those to Manga, and pointed out they have UK rights for Night Raid 1931, but stream that in the UK via the The Anime Network UK.


Getting back on the topic, it would be nice if someone from the UK and Australia (and any other English-speaking countries with their own streaming services) each season could add and update a message on what new streams are available that season for their country. As it stands, I basically do a topic for the U.S. and Canada, with the international rights for CR listed.

In other news, we'll find out within the next 24 hours if that July 31 date for the launch if CR's PS3 app is correct.

71375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/31/12 , edited 7/31/12

TheAncientOne wrote:

Getting back on the topic, it would be nice if someone from the UK and Australia (and any other English-speaking countries with their own streaming services) each season could add and update a message on what new streams are available that season for their country. As it stands, I basically do a topic for the U.S. and Canada, with the international rights for CR listed

I had thought Australian simulcasts died last Fall, but taking another look it seems like Horizon II is actually being simulcast this season (by Madman) It's currently at ep 2 so it looks like it's a week behind CR's stream, but Madman doesn't list release times so I'm not sure.

UK simulcasts don't seem to be doing much better either. The only one I know of this season is Lagrange S2.

There Korean simulcast service Aniplus seems to be doing well though (if I'm understanding this correctly, they are broadcast on a TV with Korean subs. I believe they have a VOD streaming service too, but I can't log in to check). They have Binbogami-ga, Moyashimon Returns, Horizon II, Dakara Boku, Hagure Yuusha, Hakuouki Reimeiroku, Dog Days, Nakaimo, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Sword Art Online, Uta Koi, Arcana Famiglia, and Natsuyuki Rendezvous. They also have Hyouka, Eureka Seven AO, Sengoku Collection, Kuroko no Basket and Accel World as continuing simulcasts.
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

pistolsaf wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

Updates to initial message:

Updated to version 3.1 of Neregate chart.
Added premiere date and time information for multiple series.
Added information on Tanken Driland.
Added information on Funimation simulcast of Kingdom

At this point four listed series still have no premiere date and time (one of which premieres this month), and only two series with a listed premiere date are missing the time.


Apparently, according to ZEXCS, Arvu Rezuru is an OVA:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-09/studio-zexcs-lists-aruvu-rezuru-anime-as-ova

Perhaps this could go some ways in explaining why that series doesn't seem to have an official website listed yet.



Any premiere date on Aruvu yet?
The Wise Wizard
74666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

CG111777 wrote:
Any premiere date on Aruvu yet?

Nothing that I've seen, and nothing that turned up in a search either (beyond simply listing it as coming in 2012).

17752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/29/12 , edited 8/29/12
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-29/sentai-filmworks-adds-love-elections-and-chocolate-anime

Sentai has licensed Love, Elections, & Chocolate and it will "soon be available through select digital outlets." Not exactly a simulcast, but at least it's moving the trend for TBS series in the right direction.

Edit: TAN Online's schedule shows 2 episodes per week starting 8/30 (only the first episode available without premium membership). Episodes 11 & 12 will be available within a week of episode 12 airing in Japan if I'm counting correctly.
The Wise Wizard
74666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

hatguy12 wrote:
Edit: TAN Online's schedule shows 2 episodes per week starting 8/30 (only the first episode available without premium membership). Episodes 11 & 12 will be available within a week of episode 12 airing in Japan if I'm counting correctly.

This makes me wonder if CR will be one of those outlets, as for the past couple of seasons, CR getting a series from Sentai as a simulcast has meant a delay for TAN.

This one is a bit unusual, however, in that TAN is rolling out two episodes per week instead of one. (For those that are unfamiliar with TAN, even their library titles are normally rolled out one episode per week).

I expect if CR is getting is one of the outlets, we will know before the weekend.

17752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

TheAncientOne wrote:
This makes me wonder if CR will be one of those outlets, as for the past couple of seasons, CR getting a series from Sentai as a simulcast has meant a delay for TAN.

This one is a bit unusual, however, in that TAN is rolling out two episodes per week instead of one. (For those that are unfamiliar with TAN, even their library titles are normally rolled out one episode per week).

I expect if CR is getting is one of the outlets, we will know before the weekend.


I am expecting that CR will not have this (at least immediately) because of the status of episodes 2-12 as premium-only on TAN, unless that is an error in the schedule. I don't think there has been any series that was premium-only on TAN's site, and also available on CR (premium or otherwise). For the recent batch of sentai library titles that have been added to CR (ie Angel Beats), TAN switched over their own videos from premium-only to free-to-view ("guest").
35525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/12

CG111777 wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

Updates to initial message:

Updated to version 3.1 of Neregate chart.
Added premiere date and time information for multiple series.
Added information on Tanken Driland.
Added information on Funimation simulcast of Kingdom

At this point four listed series still have no premiere date and time (one of which premieres this month), and only two series with a listed premiere date are missing the time.


Apparently, according to ZEXCS, Arvu Rezuru is an OVA:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-09/studio-zexcs-lists-aruvu-rezuru-anime-as-ova

Perhaps this could go some ways in explaining why that series doesn't seem to have an official website listed yet.



Any premiere date on Aruvu yet?


Next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-06/zexcs-aruvu-rezuru-replaces-pierrot-short-in-anime-mirai

So I guess that will help resolve that matter(and Blood Lad was announced as being in 2013 too).
First  Prev  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.