First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Summer 2012 anime
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/12

TheAncientOne wrote:

I noticed in this week's ANNcast with Funimation, they indicated they would likely be trying for more simulcast titles later this year. There was also an indication that Funimation does indeed pick and choose their simulcasts (no surprise, but nice to have some confirmation).

As to the Funico question, the only real news is they stated the relationship still exists, but refused to comment on anything beyond that.


I also read from the ANN forums about Funimation saying they licensed a 2007 series that will be unexpected. I wonder if it is Moyashimon and they did a package deal so they can "simulcast" (although in reality, it will start a month late and they won't notify if there are delays in episodes ) Moyashimon Returns . It could be some other 2007 show though(they have been licensing quite a bit of Gonzo shows lately. Hmmm.)

Also, ANN posted something interesting today too:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-20/muv-luv-alternative/total-eclipse-to-debut-at-anime-expo

Very likely that somebody is gonna stream Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse . Same time as the Japanese TV airing makes me think NicoNico but Crunchyroll could also be the ones doing this as MLATE airs on TV Tokyo. It would be cool if it did turn out "sponsored by Crunchyroll."
The Wise Wizard
74822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/20/12

pistolsaf wrote:
I also read from the ANN forums about Funimation saying they licensed a 2007 series that will be unexpected. I wonder if it is Moyashimon and they did a package deal so they can "simulcast" (although in reality, it will start a month late and they won't notify if there are delays in episodes ) Moyashimon Returns . It could be some other 2007 show though(they have been licensing quite a bit of Gonzo shows lately. Hmmm.)

Also, ANN posted something interesting today too:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-20/muv-luv-alternative/total-eclipse-to-debut-at-anime-expo

Very likely that somebody is gonna stream Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse . Same time as the Japanese TV airing makes me think NicoNico but Crunchyroll could also be the ones doing this as MLATE airs on TV Tokyo. It would be cool if it did turn out "sponsored by Crunchyroll."

Regarding the 2007 series, there has been quite a bit of discussion in the ANN forum about what it could be. The sad fact is there are certain series from that year (i.e., Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers and Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi) that we know will not be licensed by Funimation based on past statements, and some it is obvious they will not license (i.e. Kodomo no Jikan).

Bokurano was one that was mentioned more than once, and I also see Dennou Coil also falls in that same time period.


Regarding the Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, don't forget that I and others thought when it was announced the English subbed first episode of Star Driver was going to be aired at a major convention that meant it was certain to be simulcast, but in fact we did not have a stream start until almost a season after it had ended.

8049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/20/12
All i see r anime with kids in school, What happen to Samurai Champloo 2, Samurai deeper KYO which is consistent with the manga.
I don't want to see kidS, show me the badass characters like jin or Kyo!!!
113341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 5/20/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:
I also read from the ANN forums about Funimation saying they licensed a 2007 series that will be unexpected. I wonder if it is Moyashimon and they did a package deal so they can "simulcast" (although in reality, it will start a month late and they won't notify if there are delays in episodes ) Moyashimon Returns . It could be some other 2007 show though(they have been licensing quite a bit of Gonzo shows lately. Hmmm.)

Also, ANN posted something interesting today too:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-20/muv-luv-alternative/total-eclipse-to-debut-at-anime-expo

Very likely that somebody is gonna stream Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse . Same time as the Japanese TV airing makes me think NicoNico but Crunchyroll could also be the ones doing this as MLATE airs on TV Tokyo. It would be cool if it did turn out "sponsored by Crunchyroll."

Regarding the 2007 series, there has been quite a bit of discussion in the ANN forum about what it could be. The sad fact is there are certain series from that year (i.e., Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers and Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi) that we know will not be licensed by Funimation based on past statements, and some it is obvious they will not license (i.e. Kodomo no Jikan).

Bokurano was one that was mentioned more than once, and I also see Dennou Coil also falls in that same time period.


Regarding the Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, don't forget that I and others thought when it was announced the English subbed first episode of Star Driver was going to be aired at a major convention that meant it was certain to be simulcast, but in fact we did not have a stream start until almost a season after it had ended.



funi said at anime boston apparently that they really wanted kaiji a anime that aired 5 years ago so its probably that. as for muv love it could be funi or it could just be something run by the japanese iike what happened with mardock scramble and occult acadamy way before those two were actually licensed.
The Wise Wizard
74822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/20/12
Updates to initial message:

Added information link to Animucharts version 1 chart.
Minor updates to some series (primarily network information.
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/12 , edited 5/21/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:
I also read from the ANN forums about Funimation saying they licensed a 2007 series that will be unexpected. I wonder if it is Moyashimon and they did a package deal so they can "simulcast" (although in reality, it will start a month late and they won't notify if there are delays in episodes ) Moyashimon Returns . It could be some other 2007 show though(they have been licensing quite a bit of Gonzo shows lately. Hmmm.)

Also, ANN posted something interesting today too:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-20/muv-luv-alternative/total-eclipse-to-debut-at-anime-expo

Very likely that somebody is gonna stream Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse . Same time as the Japanese TV airing makes me think NicoNico but Crunchyroll could also be the ones doing this as MLATE airs on TV Tokyo. It would be cool if it did turn out "sponsored by Crunchyroll."

Regarding the 2007 series, there has been quite a bit of discussion in the ANN forum about what it could be. The sad fact is there are certain series from that year (i.e., Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers and Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi) that we know will not be licensed by Funimation based on past statements, and some it is obvious they will not license (i.e. Kodomo no Jikan).

Bokurano was one that was mentioned more than once, and I also see Dennou Coil also falls in that same time period.


Regarding the Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, don't forget that I and others thought when it was announced the English subbed first episode of Star Driver was going to be aired at a major convention that meant it was certain to be simulcast, but in fact we did not have a stream start until almost a season after it had ended.



I am hoping Sentai(or in the very least Crunchyroll) will move in and stream and/or license Nanoha StrikerS , Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi (that's the 2nd season, right?), and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai . I would love to see Crunchyroll expand its library to get some of those older titles(and I would love to see more classic titles from the 80s and 90s on Crunchyroll.)

It could be either of those titles that Funi decides to go with, but Funimation going with Good Luck Ninomiya-kun is also possible since it does fit with what they do. I guess we'll have to see when they announce it.

And you could be right that it may not be simulcasted by anyone. Although TV Tokyo being involved in some way gives me hope(although that doesn't always guarantee a stream since Aquarion EVOL and Daily Lives of High School Boys hasn't gotten a stream yet).

Fansub Wiki updated today. Dog Days' starts July 7th(ANN's article about the second PV being streamed mentioned that date but it could be the 8th as far as Japanese times), Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai has the following networks listed: AT-X/Tokyo MX/TV Kanagawa. Also they added Robin with His 100 Friends Season 2 and the Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative One TV special. I am going to guess that nobody is streaming that Milky Holmes TV special.

EDIT: According to AIC's website: Jinrui (I don't feel like typing the whole name for it) is a 12-episode series.
http://www.anime-int.com/works/index.html

They are also listing Ebiten as a TV anime, but this could be like Upotte (and Kadokawa publishes the manga for both) in how it got an ONA run before it got a TV run.

61317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/21/12
Blood Lad is really included in the summer line-up. Here's the version 1 of moetron. (Hope that's a credible source)

http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/iTmEHRGzZgJgq.jpg


2092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 5/22/12
This reminds me. How do you view a list of new anime on crunchyroll? I'm pretty sure a month or two ago there was an option to do that but now I can't find it.
The Wise Wizard
74822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/23/12

Tununias wrote:

This reminds me. How do you view a list of new anime on crunchyroll? I'm pretty sure a month or two ago there was an option to do that but now I can't find it.

If you go to the http://www.crunchyroll.com/ and scroll down near the bottom on the left, it has a section titled "All-New Anime" that shows the most recent episodes posted.

You'll also find a "Coming Soon" list over on the right side which begins near the top of the page.

Posted 5/23/12
will definetlly be watching blood lad Rinne no Lagrange Second Season Sword Art Online Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai Dog Days s2
Campione! Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II Hagure Yuusha no Estetica code geass ova blood-c fairy tail and naruto movies
2092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


Tununias wrote:

This reminds me. How do you view a list of new anime on crunchyroll? I'm pretty sure a month or two ago there was an option to do that but now I can't find it.

If you go to the http://www.crunchyroll.com/ and scroll down near the bottom on the left, it has a section titled "All-New Anime" that shows the most recent episodes posted.

You'll also find a "Coming Soon" list over on the right side which begins near the top of the page.



Thanks a bunch!
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/12
@observentzani. That chart is already listed on the front page as an alternative chart. Blood Lad is the least confirmed one on that chart. I believe there is only a six month old "leaked" news article about Blood Lad this summer. I would wait for further confirmation before saying that it is for sure a Summer series.

OK, this is my breakdown of the Summer 2012 season.
Will Watch if Crunchyroll Has Them :

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - Interesting premise. Not sure if TBS or Media Factory is handling this. Media Factory means it has more of a chance to be here on CR.
Ebiten - Sounds like a series that could be very funny with a guy surrounded by female Otaku. Kadokawa's involvement could mean it goes elsewhere, but I am not sure if Funimation wants this or not.
Jinrui wa Suirai Shimashita - Fairies and humans and the main character is a diplomat? I can see this 12 episode series as an under-the-radar hit.
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - Not big on feel, but guy who loses his sex drive because of a death goddess? Color me intrigued. I can see Funi getting this though.
Tari Tari - P.A Works, most of the Hanaseku Iroha and music being very involved with the plot? Most anticipated title for me.
Binbou-gami Ga! KanaHana as the female lead? Poverty god as the hero? Gintama team? YES!

Maybe:
Dog Days' - Need to see first season before seeing second season
Moyashimon Returns - Have to be able to see first season before watching this.
Campione! Could be a fun harem action series.
Sword Art Online : A-1 means quality, but not sure how I am going to like it or not.





The Wise Wizard
74822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/23/12

pistolsaf wrote:

Ebiten - Sounds like a series that could be very funny with a guy surrounded by female Otaku. Kadokawa's involvement could mean it goes elsewhere, but I am not sure if Funimation wants this or not.

AFAIK, Kadokawa doesn't have any special relationship with Funimation, and it is questionable whether NicoNico.com is going to be in the simulcast game for the summer season. It seems clear at this point they aren't going to factor into the spring season, as we are now almost 2/3 of the way through and still nothing from them.

35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/24/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

Ebiten - Sounds like a series that could be very funny with a guy surrounded by female Otaku. Kadokawa's involvement could mean it goes elsewhere, but I am not sure if Funimation wants this or not.

AFAIK, Kadokawa doesn't have any special relationship with Funimation, and it is questionable whether NicoNico.com is going to be in the simulcast game for the summer season. It seems clear at this point they aren't going to factor into the spring season, as we are now almost 2/3 of the way through and still nothing from them.



I realize that Crunchyroll has gotten a few Kadokawa titles since the Funimation and Nico Nico joint project was announced. But most of those have been ones that either Sentai has licensed(Another, Upotte) or Funimation would never license in the first place(that yaoi sequel from the Fall). Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead not making to Crunchryoll is one example of things changing between Kadokawa and Crunchyroll since last Fall. I do wonder if NicoNico is ever going to do anything for Spring or Summer though because as you say, Funimation is the one who has been making all the simulcast annoucements, and NicoNico has made none for the Spring.

Also, I guess Neregate version 3 came out last night: http://static.neregate.com/2012/05/neregate.com-Summer-2012-Anime-v3.png
138183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/24/12
Ah ty for that update for the version 3 chart
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.