First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles: Saint Seiya Omega and You and Me 2
16285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Somewhere on this...
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
Cool to see You and Me again with the second half of the series. Hoping the rest of the releases peek the interest to follow so keep up the roll!
The Wise Wizard
73020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

divisionmt2 wrote:

Wow.....out of all the good shows coming out this season still nothing really worth watching. (granted Saint Seiya is popular outside of my area, so a good pick in those cases)

Is Fate/Zero continuing?
Accel World?
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Jigokuhen?
Medaka Box?
Sankarea?
Saki?
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia?
Sankarea?
Acchi Kocchi ?

Such potential this season and thus far we're seeing mostly B class shows and/or retro marketing.

Is Fate/Zero continuing? Yes. Did you miss this?

As for the other titles, are you aware of their premiere dates? In the event you haven't noticed, CR typically announces simulcasts close to the time they premiere. The earliest of those series you listed will not premiere until what will be Wednesday of next week in the United States.

23479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Monterrey Nuevo L...
Offline
Posted 3/30/12 , edited 3/30/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


dago2682 wrote:
This is SS whe are talking about people will buy it and somebody will license it no matter what this series and DB are insanely popular here.
CR mkade a huge mistake it was their chance to start strong in the region and strangely they decided to pass on it.
Figures.....

Yes, because there is absolutely no possibility that the licensor simply said, "No" for these regions.

/sarcasm

Apparently, you believe Crunchyroll should have just kept offering increasingly higher amounts until they secured the deal, even if it meant they were guaranteed to lose money.





I don´t think so after all Brazil is going to have a simyulcast premiere that to me shows a lack of interest from Crunchyroll.
The sad part is that i thought that was going to change because of their entrance to the Latin American Market but apparently i was mistaken.
I´ll still suscribe as soon as spanish subtitles are available but if i see that this situation of lack of AAA licenses doesn´t change by next season i´ll be forced to cancel.
11952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Arizona, US
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
♥.♥ Yayyyy I'm glad You and Me is having a 2nd season~~~
The first season was amazing. Can't wait
Posted 3/30/12

dago2682 wrote:

Licensing SS Omega for The US but not for Latin America (Where the franchise has a huge following) has to be the most brilliant decision CR has made in preparation to the official debut of thje service in the region,
Brilliant just brilliant!


/sarcasm


Yes, but it's the licensor decision.


agila61 wrote:


dago2682 wrote: Licensing SS Omega for The US but not for Latin America (Where the franchise has a huge following) has to be the most brilliant decision CR has made in preparation to the official debut of thje service in the region,
Brilliant just brilliant!

/sarcasm

Crunchyroll last summer in a reddit AMA said that they bid for worldwide rights for ever anime that is broadcast on Japanese TV. So the "brilliant decision" was not Crunchyroll, it was the international licensor.



However, Latin America is full of fansubs and there is no control from licensor companies because there are not anime licensor companies for home releases in Latin America (except one or two that doesn't stop anime piracy and doesn't have too many licenses like Funimation or recent licenses for example).

Because of that, it's important that CR enters the region with great killer animes like SS Omega or Fate/Zero to get as many users as they can on that region. If CR only offers a few series of Spring 2012 to Latin American users, I think the effort to bring the spanish site will be futile because users on that region will simply prefer fansubs.

Latin America is a great region for Crunchyroll to take action, is full of anime fans and more anime fans users of CR means more money for the company and better anime licenses for all of us (just a thought).
23479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Monterrey Nuevo L...
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

CryptFiend86 wrote:


t's important that CR enters the region with great killer animes like SS Omega or Fate/Zero to get as many users as they can on that region. If CR only offers a few series of Spring 2012 to Latin American users, I think the effort to bring the spanish site will be futile because users on that region will simply prefer fansubs.


Agreed.
Besides 99% of spanish fansubs are crap so if CR offers AAA anime many will suscribe.
They missed a great chance with SS Omega i hope this doesn´t happen again as i want CR to be a succes in the region to have good quality legal anime in spanish.

52630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Jus sitting at th...
Online
Posted 3/30/12
Yay there's another one I wanted to be simlucast.

Now lets hope for Tsuritama. This sounds like a title NIS or Sentai would pick up too and I really hope so.

Can't wait to see what happens next on Kimi to Boku.

Too bad my sub ends on April 9th. A whole month without premium for the first time DEPRESSION!
65043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

CryptFiend86 wrote: ... Because of that, it's important that CR enters the region with great killer animes like SS Omega or Fate/Zero to get as many users as they can on that region. If CR only offers a few series of Spring 2012 to Latin American users, I think the effort to bring the spanish site will be futile because users on that region will simply prefer fansubs.

Latin America is a great region for Crunchyroll to take action, is full of anime fans and more anime fans users of CR means more money for the company and better anime licenses for all of us (just a thought).

Compared to the last year, Crunchyroll was on a roll in Latin America before St. Seiya, 67% for Spanish America and 100% to Brazil, so St. Seiya Omega was the only one so far that wasn't available either across South America or in Brazil.

And as has been mentioned, St. Seiya Omega might have a separate stream planned either for South America in general or Brazil in particular.

So fingers crossed that St. Seiya Omega is just an exception.
The Wise Wizard
73020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

dago2682 wrote:
I don´t think so after all Brazil is going to have a simyulcast premiere that to me shows a lack of interest from Crunchyroll.

Equating a one time 5 hour long premiere event that includes a screening of the first episode with an on-demand simulcast of an entire season is rather ridiculous.

One is clearly a promotional event, and is of very limited duration. The other would be viewed as competition by many potential broadcast licensees, and even by some planning a home video release.

Apparently you have your mind set on placing the blame on Crunchyroll, however, which is clouding your reasoning.

65043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/30/12 , edited 3/30/12

dark_pride wrote: It seems like only TVTokyo can grant this "premium members worldwide outside Japan" thing.This isn't surprising.

But except for Naruto, TV Tokyo to date has been most often either North America, Oceania, UK, Ireland and Northern Europe, or else worldwide outside Asia, and worldwide outside of Japan has been more often short anime or something like Rio from the Pachinko machine company.

If all or most TV Tokyo stuff starts being worldwide for premium members outside of Japan, that in itself would be a positive step, since TV Tokyo ends up being on production committees with a lot of different firms in the industry.


dago2682 wrote: I don´t think so after all Brazil is going to have a simyulcast premiere that to me shows a lack of interest from Crunchyroll.

Actually, it more likely shows that someone outbid Crunchyroll.

That happens sometimes ~ a subscriber who watches 5 series a week and pays $60/year is paying a bit under $0.25 per episode. While that's a lot more than ad-streaming, its a tiny amount compared to broadcasters or distributors, so a broadcaster or a distributor can easily outbid Crunchyroll.
23479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Monterrey Nuevo L...
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


dago2682 wrote:
I don´t think so after all Brazil is going to have a simyulcast premiere that to me shows a lack of interest from Crunchyroll.

Equating a one time 5 hour long premiere event that includes a screening of the first episode with an on-demand simulcast of an entire season is rather ridiculous.

One is clearly a promotional event, and is of very limited duration. The other would be viewed as competition by many potential broadcast licensees, and even by some planning a home video release.

Apparently you have your mind set on placing the blame on Crunchyroll, however, which is clouding your reasoning.



Do you seriously expect me to believe that toei said yes to a simulcast premiere but said no to simulcast of the whole series?
I can´t do that it doesn´t make any sense.

CR is not the first company that neglects Latin America and it won´t be the last.
The reason i´m tyiping this is because i love anime and i want more anime distributed here and that is only going to happen through CR so my interest here is that they have success and for that they need to licence SS Omega if they continue not licensing AAA titles for the region the fact that they are going to add spanish subtitles to the very limited library available won´t make any diference and the suscribers from the region won´t increase.
45556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
I'm happy for Saint Seiya.
65043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/30/12

dago2682 wrote: ... if they continue not licensing AAA titles for the region ...

But Crunchyroll does not "pick" a license and "pass over" a different license. That's DVD companies.

Crunchyroll bids for every single anime, for every single country outside Japan, and the the firm handling international licensing for the production committee decides what rights they will agree to offer.

And Crunchyroll does not get most AAA titles as the original licensor. Instead, for the AAA titles, Crunchyroll normally ends up sublicensing from a different licensee. If St. Seiya was as popular in North America as you say it is in Latin America, it would have been less likely Crunchyroll would have got the direct streaming license.

Last season was the first time that Crunchyroll was able to include South America on a sublicense ~ from Sentai Filmworks ~ and if they are able to follow-up that breakthrough, they'll have a number like that this year. However, Sentai is likely to announce this weekend at the con in Seattle, so we'll probably hear more about that next week.

You yourself have said that St. Seiya has some kind of bid premier event, which proves that St. Seiya is a special case, since very few series get that kind of treatment.
49364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
Saint Seiya looks like the male version of PreCure.
60246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
Excuse me, but is the simulcast for Omega an actual simulcast on Saturday or is it going to be delayed like Digimon was?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.