First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Uchuu Kyoudai | Space Brothers
59023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/25/12 , edited 12/25/12

theYchromosome wrote:

After episode 38, I'm left with two thoughts regarding this anime. The first is on the positives of this show: It's awesome and I love it. The negatives: I'm slightly weirded out by the idea of an astronaut with an afro.


Afro Astronaut
!!

but here is one
http://www.tune-in-tokyo.com/2009/11/japanese-afro/

Here is actor Tadanobu Asano in an af
ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkztcNXYbus
63358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Online
Posted 12/26/12

theYchromosome wrote:
After episode 38, I'm left with two thoughts regarding this anime. The first is on the positives of this show: It's awesome and I love it.


I can't agree more. It's one of the shows that I most look forward to during the week. :)


theYchromosome wrote:
The negatives: I'm slightly weirded out by the idea of an astronaut with an afro.


Just think of it as extra padding.
59023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/26/12 , edited 12/26/12
Extra padding... thats a good one.

For the helmet and for the moon base ceiling

well..... when Mutta gets up there

34250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 1/3/13

chrome_mist wrote:



Episode 1.

That was a good start.
Actually, that was surprisingly good. I wasn't originally planning on picking this up but thank god I did
because I was really impressed. I liked the narration. It was very well done.
I didn't like the OP and ED though. They were kinda boring.

Can't wait for the next ep.




Yeah, i didnt really like the OP and ED either
53497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/3/13 , edited 1/6/13

darkfire9o9 wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:



Episode 1.

That was a good start.
Actually, that was surprisingly good. I wasn't originally planning on picking this up but thank god I did
because I was really impressed. I liked the narration. It was very well done.
I didn't like the OP and ED though. They were kinda boring.

Can't wait for the next ep.




Yeah, i didnt really like the OP and ED either


The OP and ED change throughout the season. I like the current songs.

Edit: No one has posted since me so here I am again...

EDIT: and just when I say that about the OP and ED, they change again! I enjoy the new ones and really enjoy the new opening. Sheesh, would love to buy the latest BD just to get a non-credit version of the From the Earth to the Moon opening!

Brilliant episode! Felt longer than the usual twenty odd minutes. Lots of stuff going on.

63358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Online
Posted 1/6/13
What an ending to the episode! Can't wait for next week.

I loved the new OP. Not only does it pay tribute to Jules Verne, but it also pays tribute to Georges Méliès' classic silent movie "Le Voyage dans la Lune".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE

59023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
Episode 39

We are back with new season. Akemashite Omedetou !!!

Well I havent read the books yet but man the ending is ...........

However The classroom scene was a crack up. Its funny to me because I would think the same as Mutta would.
Posted 1/7/13 , edited 1/7/13

iashakezula wrote:

Episode 39

However The classroom scene was a crack up. Its funny to me because I would think the same as Mutta would.


ROFL! I thought it was just me thinking that!
It reminded me of some of lectures I attended in college; trying not to fall asleep and looking around to see if the other students are really paying attention, or were nodding off.
Mutta really seems to be a character either by chance, or specifically written in such a way that it seems most of near, at , or just past middle aged can relate too. Well, at least I can! :D
Litteral cliff hanger ending on 39, definately have the next episode on the calendar to watch.
59023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 1/7/13 , edited 1/7/13
lol indeed !!!

I cant handle those lectures either and if its boring , I have no more patience at all . I would probably say JUst give that damm material , let me read it and if I have question I will ask... OK.... Well I would probably say it in a nice first just like Mutta would lol !!!

I was laughing harder when he was looking at Nitta coz I was thinking the same thing LOL !!!!

and that end is indeed a cliffhanger
53497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
Things can always get worse... Cliffhanger even more intense this week! Hibito...
63358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Online
Posted 1/13/13
More technical errors. I know why some of them are done--an easy way to explain things to the audience--but they can be frustrating for space fans.

Other than that, it was a good episode and this arc is a nice change of pace from the rest of the story.

"This is Hibito to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today"
:)
53497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13

deadpanditto wrote:

More technical errors. I know why some of them are done--an easy way to explain things to the audience--but they can be frustrating for space fans.

Other than that, it was a good episode and this arc is a nice change of pace from the rest of the story.

"This is Hibito to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today"
:)


The Scientific portion of my brain is disabled for this show. Much more enjoyable that way... this exciting arc is utterly ridiculous if you spend even a moment thinking about it.
59023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13
Yeap , there are indeed mistakes errors here and there and it will annoy the rocket scientist who watches this but...

this is indeed an exciting change of tone for the seires. Its pretty serious and exciting. Still my favorite series .
100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Maine
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
43824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Reno, NV, USA
Online
Posted 1/14/13
In reply to Ssliasil, yes, Brian Jay is as you described him.

Definitely a change in tone for the series. While death is a relatively rare thing in American animation, having main characters die seems not so uncommon in Japanese anime, so I'm definitely curious to see how Space Brothers wraps this up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.