First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Medaka Box Discussions (Season 1 & 2)
74369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/7/12

Reneereload wrote:

Watched the first ep didn't really like it


If the start of the series wasn't to your liking skip forward to episode 10 and make your decision after that. The series changes rather dramatically at that point, it's one of those cases where the author used the first 20 chapters of the manga to set up the main story and then everything becomes an entirely different kind of show.

I'm not saying you'll absolutely love the show after episode 10, it might still not be to your taste, but I just feel it's important to point out that the first episode doesn't accurately reflect the true nature of the series.

35933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 6/7/12
I still liked the first section more, although I get the meta aspects (and enjoy that) there are enough 'battle' type shows out there already
44296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/7/12
I'm wondering how well this is doing in Japan (rating wise) and whether we can expect another season or not (hopefully yes, the manga picks up really well after the genre shift)

ep 10 was awesome, Medaka war god mode animated, thumbs up to that haha
2 more episodes left
134343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/7/12

Rito2Ru wrote:

I'm wondering how well this is doing in Japan (rating wise) and whether we can expect another season or not (hopefully yes, the manga picks up really well after the genre shift)

ep 10 was awesome, Medaka war god mode animated, thumbs up to that haha
2 more episodes left

I'm not sure on the rating wise part but I heard that the manga is doing quite well with "as of 2011 the series has reached a total of 3 million copies sold."

So, maybe Gainax will do another season hopefully in the future.

I also took a peek at Medaka Box wiki which I shouldn't have as it contains tons of spoilers but apparently, it goes like this for the episodes that aired so far this Spring:

Suggestion Box Arc
Duration: Chapters 1 - 8, Episodes 1 - 4

Club Battle Swim Meet
Duration: Chapters 9 - 13, Episodes 5 - 7

Clash With The Enforcers Arc
Duration: Chapters 14 - 21, Episodes 8 - Present

The arc that I'm pretty sure we will never reach this season will be:



I haven't read the manga yet so I'm not sure but maybe, a season 2 in the future. There are also 4 other arcs after the Clash With The Enforcers, with one currently ongoing.

16553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Valley center, CA
Offline
Posted 6/12/12

Greylurker wrote:


Reneereload wrote:

Watched the first ep didn't really like it


If the start of the series wasn't to your liking skip forward to episode 10 and make your decision after that. The series changes rather dramatically at that point, it's one of those cases where the author used the first 20 chapters of the manga to set up the main story and then everything becomes an entirely different kind of show.

I'm not saying you'll absolutely love the show after episode 10, it might still not be to your taste, but I just feel it's important to point out that the first episode doesn't accurately reflect the true nature of the series.



Thanks
I think I'll try that~
8306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Cananananada
Offline
Posted 6/12/12
At parts I felt it was mediocre but so far I'm enjoying it
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / North New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
I'm enjoying Medaka's war god mode. She is so kind and apparently she has a wicked temper that no one can control.
74369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/13/12 , edited 6/13/12
Tonight's episode should start with a flashback to the first time she used it as well as giving us our first look at Kumagawa

there is nothing sane about Medaka in War god mode. It is pretty much "enough of this crap, you need to be gone from my world view"

Unzen makes some very good observations about her during this fight too.

all in all Episode 11 is pretty important and covers a lot of key information


I really hope this series gets more episodes, it's really frustrating thinking of how it's pretty much ending just as it really gets started.
134343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
Episode 11

The shit goes down and Medaka is coming @ Unzen like a wild beast!

Some pictures:



Shame this season is about to come to an end soon especially since this arc was so damn epic.

74369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
Man I hope we get more seasons.

The show only just hit the good stuff and now it's over.

We still need to see Naze and Kumagawa in action.

at least we got a brief glimpse at Kumagawa and they did mention the Party 13 at the end so hopefully the next arc is going to go ahead.


Next episode looks like a made for TV wrap up episode.

/sigh
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Homeless
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
^Chances they will not making new seasons because both DVD & Blu-ray not doing well in pre-orders
DVD

Blu-ray
1561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hamburg, NY.
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
Next episode looks like the 1st half will be a filler Suggestion Box entry, and the 2nd half will probably be..
27145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
Shame its only 13 episodes. They should have gone for at least 24. That way it would have been more epicness like 9-11 instead of the snail's pace of 1-8.
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Homeless
Offline
Posted 6/19/12 , edited 6/19/12
from 2ch

◆pshOIaGXj0CA :2012/06/19(火) 12:26:09.45 ID:jQMNE5drO
アニメ2期決定

Medaka Box Anime second season announced.

EDIT
https://twitter.com/cyan3/status/118715183941173250
it will start in October to December.
20443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tallahassee,Flori...
Offline
Posted 6/19/12 , edited 6/19/12

Anti-Koan wrote:

from 2ch

◆pshOIaGXj0CA :2012/06/19(火) 12:26:09.45 ID:jQMNE5drO
アニメ2期決定

Medaka Box Anime second season announced.

EDIT
https://twitter.com/cyan3/status/118715183941173250
it will start in October to December.


I'm sorry,but I don't (fully) believe stuff like this till I see an article on ANN or Crunchyroll.And if it is true,ANOTHER 12 episodes?They got to push it to 20+.They next arc is 35 chapters,the 2 chapters per episode & 12 episode won't cut it.

EDIT:Never mind,I just seen it.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.