First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
Mysterious Girlfriend X
18112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Kalamzoo, Michiga...
Online
Posted 6/18/12

Zensunni wrote:


JymRegal wrote:

I've watched the first 10 eps and enjoyed them very much, but I'm not sure I want to see 12 or 24 more where they just hold hands and stick fingers in each other's mouths.

Anyway, the hole point of the story is the relationship development. There is not any kissing, but there is plenty of ... other stuff ... that has already occurred in the first 10 eps, and more that happens later in the manga, including some very sweet moments.



Sorry, I didn't remember correctly the number of chapters in the manga. Like I said, I just glanced at it out of curiosity.
I agree about the point of the story being relationship development.
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/18/12 , edited 6/18/12

JymRegal wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


JymRegal wrote:

I've watched the first 10 eps and enjoyed them very much, but I'm not sure I want to see 12 or 24 more where they just hold hands and stick fingers in each other's mouths.

Anyway, the hole point of the story is the relationship development. There is not any kissing, but there is plenty of ... other stuff ... that has already occurred in the first 10 eps, and more that happens later in the manga, including some very sweet moments.



Sorry, I didn't remember correctly the number of chapters in the manga. Like I said, I just glanced at it out of curiosity.
I agree about the point of the story being relationship development.

To a certain extent, the first kiss will spell the end of the manga, I would think.
18112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Kalamzoo, Michiga...
Online
Posted 6/18/12

Zensunni wrote:


JymRegal wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


JymRegal wrote:

I've watched the first 10 eps and enjoyed them very much, but I'm not sure I want to see 12 or 24 more where they just hold hands and stick fingers in each other's mouths.

Anyway, the hole point of the story is the relationship development. There is not any kissing, but there is plenty of ... other stuff ... that has already occurred in the first 10 eps, and more that happens later in the manga, including some very sweet moments.



Sorry, I didn't remember correctly the number of chapters in the manga. Like I said, I just glanced at it out of curiosity.
I agree about the point of the story being relationship development.

To a certain extent, the first kiss will spell the end of the manga, I would think.


Both options are good. But I have a question about Urabe Mikoto. Does the manga ever explain her seemingly otherworld powers with her magical saliva. Is she human? Or does the author just use this as an unexplained plot device?
12343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Goldsboro, NC
Offline
Posted 6/18/12
yeah it's a good show-lololololol
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/18/12

JymRegal wrote:



Both options are good. But I have a question about Urabe Mikoto. Does the manga ever explain her seemingly otherworld powers with her magical saliva. Is she human? Or does the author just use this as an unexplained plot device?


She is a mystery. The manga doesn't explain her origins, the seemingly supernatural nature of saliva, or anything. There is an interesting section in one of the manga volumes where Ueshiba-sensei, aka "Bad Cat" (in case you wondered why there is so much "Bad Cat" merchandise hanging around in the show...) explains a bit about the initial concept for the series. He says that he originally was going to have it related to his previous work, which was an explicitly supernatural series named "Yumetsukai". His original idea for Urabe was to have her be a descendant of a mysterious clan from ancient Japanese history. However, his editing department confronted him about it in what reads like an intervention (Just get off the occult stuff, dude! It's gonna kill ya! - LOL!) They said, according the Bad Cat: "did a story of boy-meets-girl really require occult material based on legends in ancient Japanese history? Doesn't the idea of a girl, in itself, represent more secrecy and mystery than anything else to a boy in adolescence?" From there, the story got easier for him and Urabe Mikoto was formed out of thin air.

:)
18112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Kalamzoo, Michiga...
Online
Posted 6/18/12

Zensunni wrote:


JymRegal wrote:



Both options are good. But I have a question about Urabe Mikoto. Does the manga ever explain her seemingly otherworld powers with her magical saliva. Is she human? Or does the author just use this as an unexplained plot device?


She is a mystery. The manga doesn't explain her origins, the seemingly supernatural nature of saliva, or anything. There is an interesting section in one of the manga volumes where Ueshiba-sensei, aka "Bad Cat" (in case you wondered why there is so much "Bad Cat" merchandise hanging around in the show...) explains a bit about the initial concept for the series. He says that he originally was going to have it related to his previous work, which was an explicitly supernatural series named "Yumetsukai". His original idea for Urabe was to have her be a descendant of a mysterious clan from ancient Japanese history. However, his editing department confronted him about it in what reads like an intervention (Just get off the occult stuff, dude! It's gonna kill ya! - LOL!) They said, according the Bad Cat: "did a story of boy-meets-girl really require occult material based on legends in ancient Japanese history? Doesn't the idea of a girl, in itself, represent more secrecy and mystery than anything else to a boy in adolescence?" From there, the story got easier for him and Urabe Mikoto was formed out of thin air.

:)


I'm good with that explanation. I just watched ep 11, and more and more people are using drool to communicate.. Makes me want to try it sometime I'm going to stop over analyzing it and just enjoy this sweet love story.
236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/18/12
i like it but drool tasting seems to nasty unless its a golden drool thats sugar cooted and taste like candy
10326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Cananananada
Offline
Posted 6/21/12
so does anyone know if the next episode is the last this season?
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/21/12
I don't know. Some places say it is 12 episodes, others 13. I wish the stupid web-site for the anime would say, but they only have story info up to the current show!

I know there is an OAD coming out with the 9th volume of the manga, which comes out sometime this summer, but I don't know about the season...
37368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Bridgeport, CT
Offline
Posted 6/21/12
my gf and i like it a lot... awesome awesome awesome
20112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/21/12
Gross, this anime is. But interesting. Giving it a try.
The Wise Wizard
78031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 6/22/12

Zensunni wrote:

I don't know. Some places say it is 12 episodes, others 13. I wish the stupid web-site for the anime would say, but they only have story info up to the current show!.

Countdown is typically conservative about listing episode counts (i.e., they don't post one unless they have high confidence), and they list it as 13 episodes with a final air date of July 1, 2012.

49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/22/12
Awesome! That means there is still time for an arc that I think would be PERFECT to end the season, with an arrow pointing to more in the future! (Or an nice tidy anime only ending that will mean virtually no chance of a 2nd season, but will provide the fans with a much needed sense of "awwwwwwww!")
61746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 6/22/12

Zensunni wrote:

Awesome! That means there is still time for an arc that I think would be PERFECT to end the season, with an arrow pointing to more in the future! (Or an nice tidy anime only ending that will mean virtually no chance of a 2nd season, but will provide the fans with a much needed sense of "awwwwwwww!")


I'd love to see a 2nd season. Then they could deal with the idol and movie threads.
52051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/12
Here's hoping for more episodes and seasons. Will have to time my next amazon.co.jp purchase carefully for Nazo no Kanojo X, Heaven's Prison, Gunnm LastOrder, Miniskirt Space Pirates, Birdie, et al...
First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.