First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Eureka Seven: AO (Astral Ocean)
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/12 , edited 8/16/12

stark700 wrote:

Episode 16




Eureka Seven: AO returns after a two week break

Operation Polaris officially begins and that registers some spectacular aerial combat. Naru also returns and takes flight.

A great episode for the series' return.


No I doubt it is a weapon even though it does look like one, if you take a look at some of the earlier episode you see those strange patterns before a "Secret" show up. But it doesn't feel right that Ao has it but it seems like it could be something for the Original Nirvash something out of its Final Form possibly.

Oh yeah btw im glad that Toonami is back in action and its bringing some good anime to the table along with some classics >XD WB TOONAMI!
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
this is looking like Steins;Gate with so much time leap going around, i observe that the Scub Corals maybe the entire reason on the time leap phenomenon though since in this episode they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and cause destruction of the Secrets as well as doing another time leap but this time they leap on a time without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/12

ckmox wrote:

this is looking like Steins;Gate with so much time leap going around, i observe that the Scub Corals maybe the entire reason on the time leap phenomenon though since in this episode they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and cause destruction of the Secrets as well as doing another time leap but this time they leap on a time without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*


i realize that this maybe a stupid question but... isn't it werid that we have yet to see any anti-body coralians? i mean i know coralians are a part of the scub coral and that even though this is the past where scub corals have yet to cover the earth but even so shouldn't there be a "kute class" *srry if i misspelled that* at the very least appearing to defend the scub coral from the "Secret"?
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/18/12 , edited 8/18/12

madmike666 wrote:
i realize that this maybe a stupid question but... isn't it werid that we have yet to see any anti-body coralians? i mean i know coralians are a part of the scub coral and that even though this is the past where scub corals have yet to cover the earth but even so shouldn't there be a "kute class" *srry if i misspelled that* at the very least appearing to defend the scub coral from the "Secret"?


ye the anit-body coralians are missing... my only guess is that because of the time leaping phenomenon happening the coralians lose those anti-body coralians, just like how generation bleau lose the goldilocks team in this weeks episode
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/19/12
It isn't so much time travel that I attribute to the lack of memory for Goldilocks as it is perception.

I throw that word around a lot, however, perception has and always will be key for AO. It played a huge role in classic Eureka Seven, but has gone in a different direction for the sequel series. For all we know the conditions for the creation of anti-bodies is not possible as it stands. We know very little about the Scub Coral or anything of how it functions for the most part. The absence of anti-bodies probably has less to do with the the scubs not wishing to produce them and more to do with the scubs being unable to generate any.
Eureka's role in this whole mess is still very unclear, too. As we saw the world through Renton's eyes with Kōkyōshihen, we see the world through Ao's eyes for Astral Ocean. Ao is having psychological issues and trouble processing what is happening around him which is causing stress and us confusion as much as Ao himself. Ao has been striving for so long to learn the mysteries surround his mother and his birth, this is what eludes him even now. When Ao unravels these mysteries, his ties to the conflict will be resolved and our confusion at an end.

Just got to stick with it. Still, time travel is not my preferred method of driving AO's plot, but nonetheless at least it isn't as cliche as your typical science fiction. Just more confusion this episode and not enough to make up for the 2 week hiatus.
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/12

Izual wrote:

It isn't so much time travel that I attribute to the lack of memory for Goldilocks as it is perception.

I throw that word around a lot, however, perception has and always will be key for AO. It played a huge role in classic Eureka Seven, but has gone in a different direction for the sequel series. For all we know the conditions for the creation of anti-bodies is not possible as it stands. We know very little about the Scub Coral or anything of how it functions for the most part. The absence of anti-bodies probably has less to do with the the scubs not wishing to produce them and more to do with the scubs being unable to generate any.
Eureka's role in this whole mess is still very unclear, too. As we saw the world through Renton's eyes with Kōkyōshihen, we see the world through Ao's eyes for Astral Ocean. Ao is having psychological issues and trouble processing what is happening around him which is causing stress and us confusion as much as Ao himself. Ao has been striving for so long to learn the mysteries surround his mother and his birth, this is what eludes him even now. When Ao unravels these mysteries, his ties to the conflict will be resolved and our confusion at an end.

Just got to stick with it. Still, time travel is not my preferred method of driving AO's plot, but nonetheless at least it isn't as cliche as your typical science fiction. Just more confusion this episode and not enough to make up for the 2 week hiatus.


well as far as i see it, Eureka's role is more or less a guide for Ao to anwer the questions he has conserning the events that surround him. but yea it did get more confussing this episode although when you look deep into the possibilites, all you have to ask then is which one is going to play out.
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/19/12

madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:

It isn't so much time travel that I attribute to the lack of memory for Goldilocks as it is perception.

I throw that word around a lot, however, perception has and always will be key for AO. It played a huge role in classic Eureka Seven, but has gone in a different direction for the sequel series. For all we know the conditions for the creation of anti-bodies is not possible as it stands. We know very little about the Scub Coral or anything of how it functions for the most part. The absence of anti-bodies probably has less to do with the the scubs not wishing to produce them and more to do with the scubs being unable to generate any.
Eureka's role in this whole mess is still very unclear, too. As we saw the world through Renton's eyes with Kōkyōshihen, we see the world through Ao's eyes for Astral Ocean. Ao is having psychological issues and trouble processing what is happening around him which is causing stress and us confusion as much as Ao himself. Ao has been striving for so long to learn the mysteries surround his mother and his birth, this is what eludes him even now. When Ao unravels these mysteries, his ties to the conflict will be resolved and our confusion at an end.

Just got to stick with it. Still, time travel is not my preferred method of driving AO's plot, but nonetheless at least it isn't as cliche as your typical science fiction. Just more confusion this episode and not enough to make up for the 2 week hiatus.


well as far as i see it, Eureka's role is more or less a guide for Ao to anwer the questions he has conserning the events that surround him. but yea it did get more confussing this episode although when you look deep into the possibilites, all you have to ask then is which one is going to play out.


I disagree.

Eureka is the titular character, her role isn't so minor. Her interactions with Ao or mostly that of a parent teaching her child. Despite her own confusion regarding Ao when we saw her make an appearance, she still had a motherly air about her. If we go into debating the screwed up timeline and Eureka's various changes, we'll be here all day. My curiosity stems from how Eureka is integral to these events.
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

Izual wrote:


madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:

It isn't so much time travel that I attribute to the lack of memory for Goldilocks as it is perception.

I throw that word around a lot, however, perception has and always will be key for AO. It played a huge role in classic Eureka Seven, but has gone in a different direction for the sequel series. For all we know the conditions for the creation of anti-bodies is not possible as it stands. We know very little about the Scub Coral or anything of how it functions for the most part. The absence of anti-bodies probably has less to do with the the scubs not wishing to produce them and more to do with the scubs being unable to generate any.
Eureka's role in this whole mess is still very unclear, too. As we saw the world through Renton's eyes with Kōkyōshihen, we see the world through Ao's eyes for Astral Ocean. Ao is having psychological issues and trouble processing what is happening around him which is causing stress and us confusion as much as Ao himself. Ao has been striving for so long to learn the mysteries surround his mother and his birth, this is what eludes him even now. When Ao unravels these mysteries, his ties to the conflict will be resolved and our confusion at an end.

Just got to stick with it. Still, time travel is not my preferred method of driving AO's plot, but nonetheless at least it isn't as cliche as your typical science fiction. Just more confusion this episode and not enough to make up for the 2 week hiatus.


well as far as i see it, Eureka's role is more or less a guide for Ao to anwer the questions he has conserning the events that surround him. but yea it did get more confussing this episode although when you look deep into the possibilites, all you have to ask then is which one is going to play out.


I disagree.

Eureka is the titular character, her role isn't so minor. Her interactions with Ao or mostly that of a parent teaching her child. Despite her own confusion regarding Ao when we saw her make an appearance, she still had a motherly air about her. If we go into debating the screwed up timeline and Eureka's various changes, we'll be here all day. My curiosity stems from how Eureka is integral to these events.


i was not implying that her role is minor at all im more or less stating the connection between her and Ao as the series plays out. honestly though im not a bit surprised that you would find that Eureka would be a bit confused still even though she's the mother of the 3 and the fact that she was having a daughter and finds out she has a new son.
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:


madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:

It isn't so much time travel that I attribute to the lack of memory for Goldilocks as it is perception.

I throw that word around a lot, however, perception has and always will be key for AO. It played a huge role in classic Eureka Seven, but has gone in a different direction for the sequel series. For all we know the conditions for the creation of anti-bodies is not possible as it stands. We know very little about the Scub Coral or anything of how it functions for the most part. The absence of anti-bodies probably has less to do with the the scubs not wishing to produce them and more to do with the scubs being unable to generate any.
Eureka's role in this whole mess is still very unclear, too. As we saw the world through Renton's eyes with Kōkyōshihen, we see the world through Ao's eyes for Astral Ocean. Ao is having psychological issues and trouble processing what is happening around him which is causing stress and us confusion as much as Ao himself. Ao has been striving for so long to learn the mysteries surround his mother and his birth, this is what eludes him even now. When Ao unravels these mysteries, his ties to the conflict will be resolved and our confusion at an end.

Just got to stick with it. Still, time travel is not my preferred method of driving AO's plot, but nonetheless at least it isn't as cliche as your typical science fiction. Just more confusion this episode and not enough to make up for the 2 week hiatus.


well as far as i see it, Eureka's role is more or less a guide for Ao to anwer the questions he has conserning the events that surround him. but yea it did get more confussing this episode although when you look deep into the possibilites, all you have to ask then is which one is going to play out.


I disagree.

Eureka is the titular character, her role isn't so minor. Her interactions with Ao or mostly that of a parent teaching her child. Despite her own confusion regarding Ao when we saw her make an appearance, she still had a motherly air about her. If we go into debating the screwed up timeline and Eureka's various changes, we'll be here all day. My curiosity stems from how Eureka is integral to these events.


i was not implying that her role is minor at all im more or less stating the connection between her and Ao as the series plays out. honestly though im not a bit surprised that you would find that Eureka would be a bit confused still even though she's the mother of the 3 and the fact that she was having a daughter and finds out she has a new son.


The role Eureka has played for Ao is that of a parent.

Guidance is an extremely minor part of parenting. I disagree in that I believe that assumption is far too narrow to rightfully credit her contributions and relationship with Ao, to put it mildly. There is something sorrow in her life, it is depressing to see her constantly torn and separated from her family. Additionally this makes my viewing experience painful as I am very curious about her growth from the transition of the two series' and seeing her whole family together. I've an attachment to Eureka as a character.
151423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/24/12 , edited 8/24/12
Episode 17

New episode is out. Hmm, there's a tiny change in the OP song but anyways, this episode was alright.

Despite the serious moments, there's also some fun stuff involving photo shoots. More importantly, it's explained a bit what happened last week towards the ending:



No doubt that weapon has extraordinary powers as both Truth and Ao wants it now. Overall, decent episode imo.
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/24/12

ckmox wrote:

this is looking like Steins;Gate with so much time leap going around, i observe that the Scub Corals maybe the entire reason on the time leap phenomenon though since in this episode they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and cause destruction of the Secrets as well as doing another time leap but this time they leap on a time without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*


its confirmed now in episode 17 the speculation of people (including me) that this series is about Time Leaping (or History Changing) is true, to those people who are still confuse i bet you have not watch Steins;Gate yet.... and nice to see the Goldilocks team are alive they just have a different history now

407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
Good news everyone, may be a bit late, but...

Eureka Seven has returned as part of the Toonami lineup. Dub might not be the best way to be exposed to the series, but any exposure sure is good for the franchise.
22332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Wanderland
Offline
Posted 8/26/12
I've been watching the AO series. I have to say I'm severely disappointed.

The episodes are repetitive and the story line is all over the place with no definite direction. It actually reminds me of the old power rangers TV show, where the enemy is getting defeated, but then they grow super sized, and then the rangers pull out the big robot to finally defeat the enemy with one final blow that seems to come out of nowhere at the most unrealistic time, no strategy involved whatsoever. The same sequence of events seems to happen over and over again. Nothing but mecha battles with the same overused concepts (seven swell every single episode??) and a few quick, poorly thought out changes to the story. There's no reason to watch past the first couple of episodes because if you've seen one episode you've seen them all. If you skip one episode you won't be missing anything, don't worry about the story line because there is none.

I'm almost positive they're just making this shit up as they go along and haphazardly building up a poor excuse of a plot. They're just milking the success of the original and suckering the old fans in to buying more DVDs.

If you think I'm wrong, I dare you to come up with a good example that proves anything I said wrong.
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Replying to you would be a waste of time.

Only takes one troll to screw up the party for everyone. I've enough in my life to worry about other than trying to impress some person who already is biased from the start. There is enough hate as it is, besides if you don't enjoy it, then don't watch it. Perhaps you are unable to comprehend what is going on or discern any themes, but that is no excuse for your absurd trolling.
151423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/31/12
Episode 18



Strange Elena is strange.


Overall, I thought this episode was alright. Not fantastic but alright. Welcome back, Ao

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.