First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Eureka Seven: AO (Astral Ocean)
31023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/25/12
I'm not sure that this is a true sequel to Eureka Seven (Psalm of Planets?) anime, too many things don't add up, like:
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

Hehaho1830 wrote:

I'm not sure that this is a true sequel to Eureka Seven (Psalm of Planets?) anime, too many things don't add up, like:


ok to clear up a few of those points 1: the age of Ao does consist to the amount of time that has passed when u very carefully study the time line of both the original and AO. 2: the reforming of the countries and the feelings of nationalism could have either been pre planned from the original or it was developed at a accelerated rate due to goverment already have been established. 3: the movie (Eureka Seven Pocket Full of Rainbows) is a movie all on it's own with no connection to either the original or AO, it's like a mirror to Eureka Seven's series but the plot, characters, motives, ect all have a difference to it's series. 4: i'm going to have to pass on this one for im not sure myself but it seems as though Secrets are a similar yet different entity to Scub Corals as for how Scub Corals are understood i think they know a bit better than from the original however they are still very cautious.
151763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/25/12
Episode 7

That damn shape-shifter is on the loose which means death and destruction.



His mentions related to Eureka and Nirvash seems suspicious as he somehow knows their connection, Ao's mother, as well as other secrets.



A rather confusing episode and I'm guessing some payback next time. Hopefully.
The Wise Wizard
79643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

nuclearrage wrote:

I really wish CrunchyRoll would pick this up , agg !!!!

They can't, as it was already licensed for simulcast by Funimation.

2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

stark700 wrote:

Episode 7

That damn shape-shifter is on the loose which means death and destruction.



His mentions related to Eureka and Nirvash seems suspicious as he somehow knows their connection, Ao's mother, as well as other secrets.



A rather confusing episode and I'm guessing some payback next time. Hopefully.


ok at the end of this episode if look at the blurred out photo u can only guess what they were hiding and yes it original series related
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/25/12 , edited 5/27/12

madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:


GianIntoci wrote:

this will be never beat eureka seven


Most certainly not.

A sequel no matter how good it is won't surpass its predecessor. Kōkyōshihen Eureka Seven was a truly revolutionary project that helped define mecha anime in a new manner. It hasn't been popularized but that wasn't the point. The use of boards was a new concept to mecha which has only been done by Bones thus far. There was nothing it could be compared to, AO will always loom in the shadow of its predecessor and likely be judged as a result of it. Kōkyōshihen is my favorite anime and I'll always enjoy it more than AO on its best day, however, that doesn't mean AO won't be good.

The staples of the franchise were laid by Kōkyōshihen and several mediums have spawned from it. Novels, manga, games, an anime sequel, a film etc. None are as good as the original, however, I'm enjoying both AO and the novels I'm in the midst of reading. The manga was pretty awful except it had a really good ending. Then you have spin-offs like the one based off the characters from the game, "Gravity Boys & Lifting Girl," and a planned spin-off for AO titled "Save a Prayer."


true i have found a knock off of the mechs used in the original series on a series called Code: Geass the only similarty i found was that in the manner it can "slide" in humaoid form like LFO's and as far as the Eureka series goes im trying my best to popularize it along with a few other shows that have fallen victim to unreliable streamer sites and i have personally seen these shows and their plots are amazingly simple at first but then later on they increase in complexity (this is describing one show at least im still attempting to find others) and yes i understand that some shows just don't make the cut but some of these shows have gone 100 episodes and i think those shows deserve a little better u know?


Well, I'm not really sure if that can be considered copying Eureka Seven. The mecha in the series can shift between vehicle and mecha mode seamlessly, require boards to ride the trapar enabling flight, and a couple of the mecha, Nirvash and TheEnd act autonomously in a fashion I've not seen before. I realize (at least from what I've heard) that there is some of this present in Evangelion, however, the manner which they react is much different.
Considering LFOs have vehicle modes available, the wheels on the feet allow them to pull of maneuvers not really prominent in your typical mecha. Mecha in other mecha anime generally are designed solely in their mecha form without the ability to change when necessary. This function allows the LFOs a few more dimensions to set them apart from other mecha. Eureka Seven is a very successful anime and has many committed fans, however, after its initial run, it has fallen off the radar as a focus for many anime viewers. I'm by no mean giving up, it is just good to hear there are others trying to acquire Eureka Seven some recognition.

Too many anime out there don't the attention they deserve. Popular anime adaptations "The Big Three" in particular blot out the competition especially when they are Shounen orientated which Eureka Seven is technically. Even for Seinen, the popular Shounen often give people the wrong impressions of anime especially those you are trying to introduce to it.
I highly recommend you read the novels, they are really good. I've just finished the second one today. The author really stays true to the series, more so than the other mediums. Whereas Jinsei's manga was simply rushed to death, Tomonori Sugihara manages to fit in so much. In the commentary Dai Sato offers in the second volume though, he does mention that the novels add more development for the characters. Similarly he mentions in the manga that there is literally scenes and dialogue that didn't make it into the anime due to time constraints.



nuclearrage wrote:

I really wish CrunchyRoll would pick this up , agg !!!! Awesome series , and its getting better each episode.

and BTW "Wish" was alot better than "New Order" ;)


That is going to be a long time if it happens at all. First, Crunchyroll would require permission from Bones and FUNimation who is responsible for distributing it in the U.S. Considering Crunchyroll hadn't acquired the rights to offer the original until 2009, 4 years after it was already complete, I wouldn't expect any different with AO.
We have to agree we have different opinions on this. I like New Order better since it has a vibe more befitting of the overall series and the fact you get a real explanation behind the meaning of the series title "Eureka Seven." Many changes were made for the final version, however, so New Order has lost its place in many areas. I'd like to see it animated one day and released as a bonus/alternate ending with some bundle perhaps for the series's 10 year anniversary for example. In any case New Order was originally going to be the series' ending, however, it was almost last minute that the staff decided to give it a happy ending.

26046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/26/12
I know we disagree on that , mainly for me its just sentimental , really hate to see those 2 seperated at the end!!

I can still wish for CR to get it tho , Funimation website sucks bigtime , when the video plays it is awesome in HD , but just getting it to work sometimes is a pain. They have some problem with the premium part of the website , and browsing and what not is extremely laggy. I guess CR spoiled me too much.

Animecrazy is great for getting it shortly after it airs , and the subs .. well I can't thank those people enough . But Eureka Seven and E7:AO are beautiful show full of color and vivid animation , and that is really lost on the grainy videos on animecrazy. I guess I need to go buy some paitence and just wait for the DVD/Blu-ray. Which is supposed to come out in june if I am reading it right..

Still , best anime out there right now , MORE PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH!!!
973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bellforest
Offline
Posted 5/26/12
I'm liking this anime so far. I'm fully aware it won't be better than the original, which is probably one of my all time favorite anime. I'm sensing some time travel at work here since this seems to take place at a totally different time period from Eureka Seven. I thought it would mean it was a prequel but with evidence of Ao being Eureka's child, the picture of an older Eureka, and all this new evidence and flashbacks of stuff from the original series, its gotta be a sequel with some sort of time-space mumbo jumbo.

I also like the new characters, especially the members of Team Pied Piper. Can't wait to see how they develop! Though I do miss the original cast and how many of their characters were based on pop culture and clever underlying references.

People should watch this show! It's awesome!
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/27/12 , edited 5/28/12
FUNimation's site suffers from many server errors.

I tried watching AO episode 2 on it just for the improved quality but, geez, it is like pulling teeth and a bit of luck that you require for it to actually play. It buffers extremely slowly on top of that. They have a new sub group on Animecrazy subbing AO so I've been noticing it tends to take them about a day now. It is impossible for Bones to release the entire AO series by that date, only the first season will be done by that date and that is just barely.
For Bones anime, I definitely have to buy the DvDs if I enjoy it, otherwise you never see it as it was intended. Bones is always known for its high quality anime and AO has their best quality yet even trumping their Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood adaptation. The animation of the original is so good, my DvDs of Eureka Seven makes my Gungrave collection on Blue-ray cry. If only Bones released Kōkyōshihen on Blue-ray outside of Japan.

I'm highly doubting Bones would do something so cliche to one of their most beloved series. Now that I think about it, Eureka Seven is Bones' most renown original concept with only their Fullmetal Alchemist anime adaptations achieving greater recognition. Never fear, we may see some of the old cast return. Jurgens's voice actor has returned although he voices a different character. While Kaori Nazuka still voices Eureka.
Time-travel is an overused concept. Based on some of the discussion we had over on Mangafox, we've already determined that there were two types of dates used in the series. AO carries on the tradition of utilizing one of them, the state of the world itself is what is causing the biggest problems for the timeline. All in due time, soon we'll have our answers. I don't wish to rush the series to its end, anything but that, I love Eureka Seven.
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/28/12

darthfrodo7 wrote:

I'm liking this anime so far. I'm fully aware it won't be better than the original, which is probably one of my all time favorite anime. I'm sensing some time travel at work here since this seems to take place at a totally different time period from Eureka Seven. I thought it would mean it was a prequel but with evidence of Ao being Eureka's child, the picture of an older Eureka, and all this new evidence and flashbacks of stuff from the original series, its gotta be a sequel with some sort of time-space mumbo jumbo.

I also like the new characters, especially the members of Team Pied Piper. Can't wait to see how they develop! Though I do miss the original cast and how many of their characters were based on pop culture and clever underlying references.

People should watch this show! It's awesome!


Possibly but i have my doubts. I've been keeping notes on the time line just so i can at the very least try to understand but my notes are still incomplete as i am having to go over the series again to get a accurate description of the time line... anyhow i don't wanna get my hopes up to soon and i know they might not add up but something tells me that the timeline between the original and AO corresponds. as for the sequal maybe but their is the possiblity the Scub Coral pissed off a interdimentional race (The Secrets) and the reason i say that is because u have to pay attention to what gonzy says in the last episode of the original before he disappears.
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/28/12 , edited 5/30/12
It is much too hard to say at this point.

If you are looking for proof that the date given in AO corresponds to Kōkyōshihen then look no further than Moondoggie's Ship Operation License in episode 34. I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain it was the episode just prior to the invasion of the capital. For proof of Kōkyōshihen's other timeline simply account for the photograph Renton stumbles upon in episode 18 at the old digger Brittani's makeshift home or the Thurston Family Registry in the epilogue.
I've been trying to keep track as well, but frankly it is an utter mess at the moment. Although the dates technically seem plausible, the events said to have occurred in AO do not match up with how the Earth would have been pre-Kōkyōshihen. The continent of South America, for example, would not exist as the Earth would have still been covered by the Scub Coral. Furthermore, no photos whatsoever would have survived especially since Secrets were completely unheard of during that period.

I honestly hadn't considered the Secrets to have emerged from the tear in the universe. It might explain their hostility towards the Scub Coral, however, Secrets have bizarre designs. Considering Ao utilizing Nirvash was able to jam Nirvash's severed arm into the Secret's presumed skull, it gave off an electric discharge. However, they appear to move much too flawlessly for machines which even in the context of the technology available in AO does not seem possible. They retain superior reaction times more akin to a living entity and at least some intelligence.
There is always the avenue of Secrets being more like cyborgs, however, we can't come to any conclusions. I've speculated on the origins of Secrets many times on them being artificially created to combat the Scub Coral while another is that they are like reprogrammed antibody coralians. If anyone is going to give us answers I'm betting it on Truth, he obviously knows something Generation Bleu does not or at least something Christophe Blanc doesn't want others to know. The man calls himself Truth, so I'd expect him to offer some revelations.
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/12

Izual wrote:

It is much too hard to say at this point.

If you are looking for proof that the date given in AO corresponds to Kōkyōshihen they look no further than Moondoggie's Ship Operation License in episode 34. I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain it was the episode just prior to the invasion of the capital. For proof of Kōkyōshihen's other timeline simply account for the photograph Renton stumbles upon in episode 18 at the old digger Brittani's makeshift home or the Thurston Family Registry in the epilogue.
I've been trying to keep track as well, but frankly it is an utter mess at the moment. Although the dates technically seem plausible, the events said to have occurred in AO do not match up with how the Earth would have been pre-Kōkyōshihen. The continent of South America, for example, would not exist as the Earth would have still been covered by Scub Coral. Furthermore, no photos whatsoever would have survived especially since Secrets were completely unheard of during that period.

I honestly hadn't considered the Secrets to have emerged from the tear in the universe. It might explain their hostility towards the Scub Coral, however, Secrets have bizarre designs. Considering Ao utilizing Nirvash was able to jam Nirvash's severed arm into the Secret's presumed skull, it gave off an electric discharge. However, they appear to move much to flawlessly for machines which even in the context of the technology available in AO does not seem possible. They retain superior reaction times more akin to a living entity and at least some intelligence.
There is always the avenue of Secrets being more like cyborgs, however, we can't come to any conclusions. I've speculated on the origins of Secrets many times on them being artificially created to combat the Scub Coral while another is that they are like reprogrammed antibody coralians. If anyone is going to give us answers I'm betting it on Truth, he obviously knows something Generation Bleu does not or at least something Christophe Blanc doesn't want others to know. The man calls himself Truth, so I'd expect him to offer some revelations.


No not a tear in the universe but more like a transfer from one plane to another. If u pay attention to the beginning to episode 37 where Norb describes how one plane affects another it is possible that the Secrets are in fact affected by the lack of traper waves in their own plane that they appear around the world in the Third plane and are appearing to increase the number of Scub Corals to affect their own plane however this is mearly speculative. As to what Christophe Blanc is hiding... from what i can tell from the latest episode of AO it appears to be the Type Zero Nirvash which in turn means he may know of Eureka's true whereabouts however again this is mearly speculative. I won't confirm anything about his knowing of Truth or not because sooner or later we're going to find out one way or another.
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/30/12

madmike666 wrote:


Izual wrote:

It is much too hard to say at this point.

If you are looking for proof that the date given in AO corresponds to Kōkyōshihen they look no further than Moondoggie's Ship Operation License in episode 34. I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain it was the episode just prior to the invasion of the capital. For proof of Kōkyōshihen's other timeline simply account for the photograph Renton stumbles upon in episode 18 at the old digger Brittani's makeshift home or the Thurston Family Registry in the epilogue.
I've been trying to keep track as well, but frankly it is an utter mess at the moment. Although the dates technically seem plausible, the events said to have occurred in AO do not match up with how the Earth would have been pre-Kōkyōshihen. The continent of South America, for example, would not exist as the Earth would have still been covered by Scub Coral. Furthermore, no photos whatsoever would have survived especially since Secrets were completely unheard of during that period.

I honestly hadn't considered the Secrets to have emerged from the tear in the universe. It might explain their hostility towards the Scub Coral, however, Secrets have bizarre designs. Considering Ao utilizing Nirvash was able to jam Nirvash's severed arm into the Secret's presumed skull, it gave off an electric discharge. However, they appear to move much to flawlessly for machines which even in the context of the technology available in AO does not seem possible. They retain superior reaction times more akin to a living entity and at least some intelligence.
There is always the avenue of Secrets being more like cyborgs, however, we can't come to any conclusions. I've speculated on the origins of Secrets many times on them being artificially created to combat the Scub Coral while another is that they are like reprogrammed antibody coralians. If anyone is going to give us answers I'm betting it on Truth, he obviously knows something Generation Bleu does not or at least something Christophe Blanc doesn't want others to know. The man calls himself Truth, so I'd expect him to offer some revelations.


No not a tear in the universe but more like a transfer from one plane to another. If u pay attention to the beginning to episode 37 where Norb describes how one plane affects another it is possible that the Secrets are in fact affected by the lack of traper waves in their own plane that they appear around the world in the Third plane and are appearing to increase the number of Scub Corals to affect their own plane however this is mearly speculative. As to what Christophe Blanc is hiding... from what i can tell from the latest episode of AO it appears to be the Type Zero Nirvash which in turn means he may know of Eureka's true whereabouts however again this is mearly speculative. I won't confirm anything about his knowing of Truth or not because sooner or later we're going to find out one way or another.


Can we really say that those planes truly exist independent of one another?

The planes Norb described sound like they are intentionally layered to create the Seventh Plane or the one where the story takes place. Or was it the Third Plane? I can't remember now... I need to pay more attention to Norb's descriptions of the planes since I'm having difficulty recalling which was which. The Tenth Plane is the only one I can recall at the moment and that is what Norb called "The Promised Land."
We've only actually seen two planes that are separate places but at the same time are one and the same entity overall. The beliefs of the Vodarac are after all based upon humanity's relationship with the Scub Coral. The planes might simply refer to stages or processes produced by the Scub Coral which humans have learned to interact with. Their belief in the Tenth Plane ended up being crossing the Zone to the Earth below the Scub Coral which coated the entire planet. From there Norb told Renton and Eureka to seek their Vodarac which was the Control Cluster.

I'm more suspicious of Christophe Blance than that. The archetype being hidden under Generation Bleu's headquarters is what I would presume to be the tip of the iceberg. He might not have any personal experiences with Eureka like Ivica, however, both from the uniform we see Eureka wearing in AO episode 3 as she falls from the sky, it is reminiscent of the current uniforms of IFO pilots. Additionally Georg confirms that the Mark I (Nirvash) was in the possession of Generation Bleu at one point, so the top brass undoubtedly have to have some knowledge of Eureka they are not showing and perhaps the Land of Kanan.
Although all of this is subjective, there are many indications that Generation Bleu has some knowledge of the Land of Kanan they are not sharing. The research on the Scub Coral, the Quartz they remove from them, and the fact their base is made from wreckage that once were the towers of the Tower States. When I mentioned Truth what I specifically meant was that Truth might know these secrets and reveal them against Christophe Blanc's wishes. Or he simply has knowledge that all of them are oblivious to which in turn will help us to understand how much the Earth has changed from the end of Kōkyōshihen to the current time period of Astral Ocean.

151763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 6/1/12
Episode 8

Looks like Ao's pissed off that his friend got taken away. I don't blame him that especially since that freak of nature took on the entire base by himself and caused all that trouble.

Here's the secret of this episode:



It is also nice to see a little into Fleur's past in this episode and see the hate that she has for


Overall, I gotta admit that the teamwork and chemistry between Fleur and Ao was cute to watch this time around. That is all.



48065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 6/1/12
I gave up watching anime on Funimations site back when Last Exile 2 was still airing in Japan. Youre lucky if you can get the site to load the video at all.

As for this weeks episode, I liked it, but the civilian design for Ao's clothes annoyed me. Whats up with the sleeve cuffs without any sleeves? That just looks dippy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.