First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Dota 2
10201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/29/14 , edited 4/29/14

hoodedy wrote:

anyone have a fav hero(s)? mine are slark, bounty hunter, windranger, chaos knight, clinkz, lina, mirana, nyx, queen of pain

and what about ones you hate? mine are viper, zues, abaddon, meepo, huskar, spirit beaker, sniper, terror blade, lion, riki


Mine are Jakiro (Now even more broken), Omni Knight, Sven, Brewmaster, Nyx Assassin, Enigma, and Wraith King.

The heroes that, to me, are so sickening, they make me want to vomit in my PC are Sniper, Riki, and Pudge. Also Antimage.
11146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / canada
Online
Posted 4/30/14
oooh i forgot about antimage hate him too
Netjak 
12379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The True North
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

hoodedy wrote:

oooh i forgot about antimage hate him too


The fun ends with antimage hahaha
11082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 5/8/14
Before i leave for my country ( ultra slow wifi ) for summer break. Just wanted to post this random 63 pic of my favorite jungling hero.

Moe Moe Doom


4135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

DiivZe wrote:


Ravness1 wrote:


ottor2 wrote:

I play dota yet I feel that most of the other people who play the game hate me


Its okay man, in every online game; they all hate you. Thats life.


I'm still a 3k MMR scrub but I play with my 2k mmr friends... they still don't know how to play properly but whatever if they play easy heroes like viper or lina and win... its okay... but very irritating


It's getting irretaiting when you play good and your team is throwing as hell. Like I.m at 2,7k MMR (Solo) and my friends are like 3,7k to 4k. I play just as good as them. The main reason why I lose is to my team (I only play carry). I'm a player who looks away from the more picked heroes. I play morph, jugg and SF a lot (I even play Meepo).

And then to the players that hate you. Yes, they all hate you if you don't do good. They even hate you for playing good. It's just how some people are. Me I play on the EU servers (EUW). There is a lot of russians there who hates you and flames you if you don't play how they want you to play. It's nothing we can do about it. You just have to overcome them and look away from them.

Personaly I'm starting to win a lot now in solo ranked (Prob cause I play heroes I'm comfy with). And you all should do that. If people flame you for learing a new hero is normal. And saying sorry doesnt work either. Just overcome they and you will get a higher MMR.

Dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/players/107832081




The secret to solo MMR is picking a solo lane hero, mid is always better cause you can stomp all 3 lanes with nice usage of runes, if you think you should be at 4k MMR and you're stuck at low MMR just go mid dude, Juggernaut and SF are very popular, i dislike SF at solo MMR because he is very support and mid game help dependant, of course you can catch out some people by themselves, but if there's at least 1 disable near the " prey" you're pretty much done, i've been doing a lot of mid lane Morphling, if you like the hero you should give it a try, just turn agility to 9 at level 1 at base, go straight to mid and farm your heart away.
514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Error 404 not found
Offline
Posted 7/20/14
i do once a month
19368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the bay
Offline
Posted 19 days ago
@outerheaven no offense but you are wrong, if you are a good enough player and think you dont deserve to be in your bracket picking lane dominating heroes can easily win the game solo in 3k-4k bracket, invoker, sf qop, storm etc. im a leaderboard player ^_^ gl hf, community sucks but oh well
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3 days ago
i'm trying to learn through the tutorials so i have a basic understanding, and it is really fun
11082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 3 days ago , edited 3 days ago

machi_x wrote:

i'm trying to learn through the tutorials so i have a basic understanding, and it is really fun
]

Good luck. You WILL need it.
Now before i scare you off, let this 8 year Dota veteran give you a few tips.

First is that, don't let angry's player trashtalking scare off. Good thing for you, you won't be meeting a lot of players who are so much better than you thanks to the matchmaking system that valve created. Sure there will be matches where you feel like your team is a bunch of chimpanzee while the other team is professional team, they do happen but it is probably because they just happened to have a bit more teamwork.

Another one i suggest is make full use of the resources, there is a guide button for hero builds, and choose the highest rating, they will tell you what to buy and what to build. Valve's suggestion is decent but not that good.

There is too much heros and some are more confusing than others. Just pick like 4 or 5 and learn them and slowly branch out. Even through i played for 8 years, there are still a few heros that i am not willing to play a lot unless absolutely needed. For beginners, i suggest you play Sniper if you want to be the carry, Shadow Shaman for support. Tidehunter for tanks / initiator or Rogue Knight for melee carry.

Sniper is because it will force you to work with tiny base damage ( thus improving your last hitting skill ) , and learning how to stay back in teamfight, retreating or advancing if needed since almost all ranged carry need to learn how to do that.

Shadow Shaman may look hard since you got 4 spells at your disposal but 3 of them are fire and forget spells, while only one of them will force you to not move and he got the two of the best disable in the game but mana intensive so it will let you learn the importance of not spamming the spell early on and wasting the mana for when you are needed it when going for the kill. ( Hint : Don't spam spells until you are sure you or your team can kill the enemy. )

Tidehunter for tanks because he is just so simple. Press 1st spell on your target, walk up to the enemy team, cast ultimate, cast 3rd skill, and then it is just right clicking them.

Rogue Knight is also another good initator and melee carry and mind numbly simple. Press 1st spell on the target you want to murder, cast ult and 3rd skill ( all of them make you stronger and faster ) and right click away !

And of course just keep practicing.



44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2 days ago

Steffiekun wrote:


machi_x wrote:

i'm trying to learn through the tutorials so i have a basic understanding, and it is really fun
]

Good luck. You WILL need it.
Now before i scare you off, let this 8 year Dota veteran give you a few tips.

First is that, don't let angry's player trashtalking scare off. Good thing for you, you won't be meeting a lot of players who are so much better than you thanks to the matchmaking system that valve created. Sure there will be matches where you feel like your team is a bunch of chimpanzee while the other team is professional team, they do happen but it is probably because they just happened to have a bit more teamwork.

Another one i suggest is make full use of the resources, there is a guide button for hero builds, and choose the highest rating, they will tell you what to buy and what to build. Valve's suggestion is decent but not that good.

There is too much heros and some are more confusing than others. Just pick like 4 or 5 and learn them and slowly branch out. Even through i played for 8 years, there are still a few heros that i am not willing to play a lot unless absolutely needed. For beginners, i suggest you play Sniper if you want to be the carry, Shadow Shaman for support. Tidehunter for tanks / initiator or Rogue Knight for melee carry.

Sniper is because it will force you to work with tiny base damage ( thus improving your last hitting skill ) , and learning how to stay back in teamfight, retreating or advancing if needed since almost all ranged carry need to learn how to do that.

Shadow Shaman may look hard since you got 4 spells at your disposal but 3 of them are fire and forget spells, while only one of them will force you to not move and he got the two of the best disable in the game but mana intensive so it will let you learn the importance of not spamming the spell early on and wasting the mana for when you are needed it when going for the kill. ( Hint : Don't spam spells until you are sure you or your team can kill the enemy. )

Tidehunter for tanks because he is just so simple. Press 1st spell on your target, walk up to the enemy team, cast ultimate, cast 3rd skill, and then it is just right clicking them.

Rogue Knight is also another good initator and melee carry and mind numbly simple. Press 1st spell on the target you want to murder, cast ult and 3rd skill ( all of them make you stronger and faster ) and right click away !

And of course just keep practicing.





thank you for all the info and tips! I have alot of practicing ahead of me but it's good to know some things about the heroes, I'll probably start playing with the ones you've mentioned
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.