First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
how to convience parents ... general advice for me please :3
17785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / were you least ex...
Offline
Posted 4/16/12

Kuro_Kiri wrote:

Here's my advice, book your own trip and buy your own ticket.

Daddy can't interfere.


woo i wish...but my father wouldnt care my mother would interfere lol
17785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / were you least ex...
Offline
Posted 4/16/12

SecondLife wrote:

Your parents have obviously raised you well and you have strong morals and ethics and they may be in a state were after taking care of you for so long they are afraid that something could happen to you once you leave. To them you are everything and they are simply showing their love for you in an overprotective manner which you have to break out of, kindly. Also you are almost 21 and you are now independent and your life is yours so go live it out in the way you want. Don't stay and regret it later because you only live once and these trips are moments you remember for a lifetime. Ask your parents: what they would do if they were in your shoes?

Hell my parents would encourage me to go just to get outside! My dad actually wants be to travel and see the world once I leave school but traveling isn't really my thing :S


Traveling to much isnt my thing either but i like to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones thats the only real reason i would really travel and this trip i really want to go and have no regrets. I dont want to be controlled i know 21 is still young to my parents but to the state its not. i know i just have to sit him down and talk to him, its easier to talk to a friend he told me just say the same thing you did to me..but when its my dad i just cant help but get nervous lol and forget important info
Posted 4/16/12
I think you should go. My advice would be to convince your parents that they should go too. If they want to go themselves, then they'll have no trouble with you going.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 4/16/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:

I say, learn how to fly.


Dis comment > any advice.
Posted 4/16/12

yoshi3782 wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:


yoshi3782 wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:


yoshi3782 wrote:


DeusExMachine wrote:

You may have to bargain a little, even though they are being a bit too controlling for your age.


i know i plan on doing that lol they are very controlling :(


REBEL! Experiment! Go all out exhibitionist! Smoke a fatty and drink some krunk juice! Be all you can be in the Early Twenties Army!


hahaha i know im kinda strange for my age in this generation! lol it should be expected of us teens to do that but nahhh not my thing to experiment like that but hellll yeahhh! i am rebelling against them everyday because of there stupid over protectiveness somtimes i feel its not fair because i have followed what i should do and still i dont get any space to breathe


All you need to do is what you think is right based on questioning all information.


:) thank you for the advice


And remember, never trust a white man in a black village.
58097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / South Saskatchewan
Offline
Posted 4/16/12
It is all about their comfort with whom your going to see, spend time with and ultimately if something goes wrong who will be calling to let them know what happened and how your are doing. Eg. I grew up just south of Whistler, BC my parents had no problem with the 30min(as a teenager drives, 140 on a highway meant for 80) drive to go skiing, but they would not let me go to Vancouver. And if you think thats bad, I used to make trips to Kamloops via the back roads (about 7hrs driving) every other weekend, but they wouldnt let me fly to Calgary for a convention! So I can understand your frustrations over this, but now that im older I understand what my parents were trying to do. My sister is 3yrs older than I am, but I had more freedom because of the maturity I had shown, my brother is 18 months younger but he never made the trips I did because of his lack of maturity. Dont take this as an attack on you personaly, I dont know you. But let this put some perspective on their views and most the time you can alleviate their misgivings and you will get to make the trip. Even offer to take one of them along, just I advise the more liberal and open minded one of the two as culture shock will cause problems.
53239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 4/16/12
http://www.findmylookalike.com/cgi-bin/doubles.cgi

Option A: Send your look alike instead while you stay at home.

Option B: Let your look alike take your place while you secretly leave.

Option C: Take your look alike with you and make your boy very happy.
36322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Where am I?
Offline
Posted 4/16/12
You've obviously shown that you are responsible and the fact that you're 21 you shouldn't be even needing your parents' permission. I left home for a week to California when I was 19 without my parents' permission. My mother knew about the plan and wasn't fond of it, but she also knew that was considered an adult and couldn't hold me back.

Whatever your parents' reasonings for not allowing you to go is stupid. However, you can set up a certain time that you and your parents can skype (or whatever) so that they know how your doing since you're close to them. If you can get that, they may be more lenient.
3809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / потерян
Offline
Posted 4/16/12 , edited 4/16/12
You sound like a teen trapped in an adult's body.
You're twenty one, you don't need permission.
Really who cares.
Start acting like an adult already.
5130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cloud Nine
Offline
Posted 4/16/12

yoshi3782 wrote:


SecondLife wrote:

Your parents have obviously raised you well and you have strong morals and ethics and they may be in a state were after taking care of you for so long they are afraid that something could happen to you once you leave. To them you are everything and they are simply showing their love for you in an overprotective manner which you have to break out of, kindly. Also you are almost 21 and you are now independent and your life is yours so go live it out in the way you want. Don't stay and regret it later because you only live once and these trips are moments you remember for a lifetime. Ask your parents: what they would do if they were in your shoes?

Hell my parents would encourage me to go just to get outside! My dad actually wants be to travel and see the world once I leave school but traveling isn't really my thing :S


Traveling to much isnt my thing either but i like to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones thats the only real reason i would really travel and this trip i really want to go and have no regrets. I dont want to be controlled i know 21 is still young to my parents but to the state its not. i know i just have to sit him down and talk to him, its easier to talk to a friend he told me just say the same thing you did to me..but when its my dad i just cant help but get nervous lol and forget important info


When you are ready confront your father, dig out as much confidence as you can and try to remember as many details as possible. I wish you the best of luck!
Posted 4/17/12
21? Get a job and start paying for your own life already.
17785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / were you least ex...
Offline
Posted 4/17/12

underlock wrote:

21? Get a job and start paying for your own life already.


I do have a job its not about money its respect to ask my parents permission
17785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / were you least ex...
Offline
Posted 4/17/12

SecondLife wrote:


yoshi3782 wrote:


SecondLife wrote:

Your parents have obviously raised you well and you have strong morals and ethics and they may be in a state were after taking care of you for so long they are afraid that something could happen to you once you leave. To them you are everything and they are simply showing their love for you in an overprotective manner which you have to break out of, kindly. Also you are almost 21 and you are now independent and your life is yours so go live it out in the way you want. Don't stay and regret it later because you only live once and these trips are moments you remember for a lifetime. Ask your parents: what they would do if they were in your shoes?

Hell my parents would encourage me to go just to get outside! My dad actually wants be to travel and see the world once I leave school but traveling isn't really my thing :S


Traveling to much isnt my thing either but i like to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones thats the only real reason i would really travel and this trip i really want to go and have no regrets. I dont want to be controlled i know 21 is still young to my parents but to the state its not. i know i just have to sit him down and talk to him, its easier to talk to a friend he told me just say the same thing you did to me..but when its my dad i just cant help but get nervous lol and forget important info


When you are ready confront your father, dig out as much confidence as you can and try to remember as many details as possible. I wish you the best of luck!


thanks so much
17785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / were you least ex...
Offline
Posted 4/17/12

c4nnibalism wrote:

You sound like a teen trapped in an adult's body.
You're twenty one, you don't need permission.
Really who cares.
Start acting like an adult already.


i know u have a good point but its respect to my parents i dont want to make more of a mess than it is. I dont really need permission since i am old enough to the state but parents are parents they care
Posted 4/17/12 , edited 4/17/12
They should be the ones respecting your decisions then. Check your age again.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.