First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
why do people lie on forum topics?
Posted 9/1/12
well it's the internet.
you could do every shit you want.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

evenstar95 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

Only with religion have people institutionalized mass delusions.

How do you tell the difference between a claim with no evidence, and a delusion?

example: "God said not to suffer a witch to live. God said women must wear a head scarf or be killed."

where is the evidence for these delusional claims?


Is there a purpose to your lengthy religion bashing other than to rant? I don't see much impact to be made with your words in these forums unless you throw in the words sex and boobs.


It's hard to reach people who are unmoved by logic and evidence. Has something to do with the word delusional.....

If someone does not value evidence, what evidence could you provide to show the value of evidence?

If someone does not value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the value of logic?

Unreasonable people have unreachable minds.
43678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
lying on a forum topic about why people lie on forum topics...lie-ception lol

but seriously, I guess the reason people even lie at all is because they want to be viewed as someone other than who they really are, you can call it an internet persona I suppose
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

It's hard to reach people who are unmoved by logic and evidence. Has something to do with the word delusional.....


I'm sure most people just don't give a crap.
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

Rito2Ru wrote:

lying on a forum topic about why people lie on forum topics...lie-ception lol

but seriously, I guess the reason people even lie at all is because they want to be viewed as someone other than who they really are, you can call it an internet persona I suppose


I agree. And it's exactly this kind of thing that leads to social alienation in the real world.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

evenstar95 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

It's hard to reach people who are unmoved by logic and evidence. Has something to do with the word delusional.....


I'm sure most people just don't give a crap.


I would sincerely hope so. I certainly do not give a crap about people's delusional beliefs. See, now that's twisting something. xD

http://youtu.be/-ZuowNcuGsc "Hate E-mails with Richard Dawkins"
1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
whether lying or not, the truth will be revealed! Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu! As conan said.
Posted 9/1/12
I'm the world's most innovative liar.
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:


evenstar95 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

The agenda is indoctrination, be it Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever because none of them can withstand the slightest critical analysis.


I'm curious as to how many Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and whatever you've personally met.

In all matters people are able to align themselves towards extremes. And as with all matters where extremism is added into the equation, both ends contain incomplete and biased views.


Only with religion have people institutionalized mass delusions.

How do you tell the difference between a claim with no evidence, and a delusion?

example: "God said not to suffer a witch to live. God said women must wear a head scarf or be killed."

where is the evidence for these delusional claims?


The delusional claims were made by men. Honestly, all the Bible really does is tell you that God exists, to believe in him and not follow the devil. While being nice to everyone around you. That's pretty much it at the core of the book. All this other stuff, like those who shave their temples must be stoned were made by the religious leaders of the time on some idiotic concept of spirituality.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

ZenZaku wrote:
The delusional claims were made by men. Honestly, all the Bible really does is tell you that God exists, to believe in him and not follow the devil. While being nice to everyone around you. That's pretty much it at the core of the book. All this other stuff, like those who shave their temples must be stoned were made by the religious leaders of the time on some idiotic concept of spirituality.

Indeed, God claims are all man made for the purposes of profiteering and social manipulation.

We would have to win two simultaneous infinite lotteries to correctly guess both what is god, and what god wants, and there's no cosmic lady to announce the winning numbers, so even if we did get both right, we could never prove it. And the con artist approach of acting like the spokesman for the universe is fatuous. Like something of infinite power lacks the power to speak for itself and needs some jerk's help to get us to give them all our money, or that thing which is even more valuable: our trust.

What we see around us, every single last piece of it is obeying the rules of physics. It is insane to pretend that these are not the true rules it wanted even if you do want to postulate one as real and tangible.
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

What we see around us, every single last piece of it is obeying the rules of physics. It is insane to pretend that these are not the true rules it wanted even if you do want to postulate one as real and tangible.


Obviously God created physics.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

What we see around us, every single last piece of it is obeying the rules of physics. It is insane to pretend that these are not the true rules it wanted even if you do want to postulate one as real and tangible.


Obviously God created physics.


And if all religions make supernatural claims which clash with logic and reality, as derived from an understanding of physics?

It means all of these religions are equal expressions of the UNTRUE.

God remains an unproven theory, but while God remains, all religions are deductively false.
12235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Above You! ♖✮♝♞♟♠...
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
Idk. Somehow i just want to lie on these things. =-=
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

It means all of these religions are equal expressions of the UNTRUE.


Science is just as untrue. What caused your Big Bang? Science can't answer that, because it was God who created it. God is the answer to everything. God will prevail.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

And if all religions make supernatural claims which clash with logic and reality, as derived from an understanding of physics?

It means all of these religions are equal expressions of the UNTRUE.

God remains an unproven theory, but while God remains, all religions are deductively false.


Science is just as untrue. What caused your Big Bang? Science can't answer that, because it was God who created it. God is the answer to everything. God will prevail.


Technically magic did it, isn't really much of an answer to anything. But we are destined to uncover more of as you put it, God's universe, the more of the universe science uncovers. Revelation from madmen hearing voices has never told us anything functional. Science is true revelation.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.