First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
why do people lie on forum topics?
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

Technically magic did it, isn't really much of an answer to anything. But we are destined to uncover more of as you put it, God's universe, the more of the universe science uncovers. Revelation from madmen hearing voices has never told us anything functional. Science is true revelation.


God is the one who gave us life and let us understand the universe He created. God is the Creator, and if we're to discover His other creations, then so is the Will of God.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

Winterfells wrote:


crazyfirefly wrote:

Seeking truth on the internet is like trying to lick your elbow.


Oh I've seen a few girls who were able to lick their elbows.

Hottest thing ever.


Wow...
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

Technically magic did it, isn't really much of an answer to anything. But we are destined to uncover more of as you put it, God's universe, the more of the universe science uncovers. Revelation from madmen hearing voices has never told us anything functional. Science is true revelation.


God is the one who gave us life and let us understand the universe He created. God is the Creator, and if we're to discover His other creations, then so is the Will of God.


Perhaps. But as it stands, we have no evidence of God's involvement. Doesn't mean there won't, or can't ever be any. But to rush to judgement, or to place one's trust in con artists is a leap no rational person should take, or could take, while continuing to be rational.

If God has omnipotent power, he cannot by definition lack the power to speak for himself. All spokesmen are charlatans. If God is infinitely complex, we can never, and will never comprehend such a thing, much less know exactly what it wants. All spokesmen are again, proven to be charlatans. If God is omnipotent and the source for everything, then he cannot lack, or want for anything by definition. All claims that God wants something specific are proven false. And a third time, all spokesmen are proven to be charlatans.
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

If God has omnipotent power, he cannot by definition lack the power to speak for himself. All spokesmen are charlatans. If God is infinitely complex, we can never, and will never comprehend such a thing, much less know exactly what it wants. All spokesmen are again, proven to be charlatans.


Thinking that God is bad is a sign that you're afraid of the unknown, and therefore can't even stand up for your own thirst for the truth. Stating that the infinitely complex is impossible to understand is another sign of your weak resolve. By any means God will always receive you with open arms, don't listen to people who say you'll burn in Hell just because you don't believe in the Almighty, because that's not true.
30613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
People lie in real life too. It's just easier on the internet, and even if you get caught you are still anonymous.

I once worked with a guy who was apparently a former MMA fighter, cancer survivor, former millionaire, once killed 5 Puerto Ricans in a knife fight, and preferred to be called "last" - as in "the last rights of passage". In reality he was a 43 year old alcoholic who got most of his paycheck garnished because he didn't pay child support. Compulsive liars are everywhere.

13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

If God has omnipotent power, he cannot by definition lack the power to speak for himself. All spokesmen are charlatans. If God is infinitely complex, we can never, and will never comprehend such a thing, much less know exactly what it wants. All spokesmen are again, proven to be charlatans. If God is omnipotent and the source for everything, then he cannot lack, or want for anything by definition. All claims that God wants something specific are proven false. And a third time, all spokesmen are proven to be charlatans.


Thinking that God is bad is a sign that you're afraid of the unknown, and therefore can't even stand up for your own thirst for the truth. Stating that the infinitely complex is impossible to understand is another sign of your weak resolve. By any means God will always receive you with open arms, don't listen to people who say you'll burn in Hell just because you don't believe in the Almighty, because that's not true.


As far as we know, God is going to keep us right here in the universe even after our deaths. Our atoms aren't going anywhere, they're trapped by earth's gravity. The earth loves us that much.

For the record I could never fear hellfire enough to stop myself from going to hell. Firemen don't fear flames enough to stop moving forward. I will go all the way to hell, just to save the day. If my intentions are what matters, and God is all knowing, then God must know me by definition. I need no middlemen. I need no charlatans. I need no cult leaders to tell me what is what. None of us do. Jesus was an atheist like me. That's why he said tear down the temples, build a temple to God in your heart. He knew he was speaking of the unknown and more than that the UNKNOWABLE.
43819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12
lolol it's just a bunch of women who got hurt once so they call every1 a liar. get over urself.

*i didn't even bother reading these recent pages, now it's a bunch of lunatics who believe in the impossible simply because their mommy said it was so, or there are things that seem to be unexplainable*
3348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
B-but, I really don't care about women's breast
reamaj 
28011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

If God has omnipotent power, he cannot by definition lack the power to speak for himself. All spokesmen are charlatans. If God is infinitely complex, we can never, and will never comprehend such a thing, much less know exactly what it wants. All spokesmen are again, proven to be charlatans.


Thinking that God is bad is a sign that you're afraid of the unknown, and therefore can't even stand up for your own thirst for the truth. Stating that the infinitely complex is impossible to understand is another sign of your weak resolve. By any means God will always receive you with open arms, don't listen to people who say you'll burn in Hell just because you don't believe in the Almighty, because that's not true.


Herein lies my problem, I like people like yourself who believe in an open minded, loving and forgiving god, because it speaks alot about your beliefs towards life, which I think is the truly important part, the trouble is that this is not what religion teaches us.

I was brought up a christian and while I do not claim to have a vast, let alone encyclopedic knowledge of the bible, but I do know that a lot of what is taken for granted as the core of christian beliefs is outright wrong according to the bible, and this is where the issues come in.

A lot of people who get scoffed at as ignorant or predjudiced against religion, are actually basing their opinion on a better knowledge of thse religions than the people who claim to believe.

Now I'm not saying that is or isn't the case here, but generalising about people who choose not to believe and ridiculing their beliefs is really no way to sell your case.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

Axerith wrote:

lolol it's just a bunch of women who got hurt once so they call every1 a liar. get over urself.

*i didn't even bother reading these recent pages, now it's a bunch of lunatics who believe in the impossible simply because their mommy said it was so, or there are things that seem to be unexplainable*


The worst and biggest of all liars, so perfectly on topic yes? heh
43819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:


Axerith wrote:

lolol it's just a bunch of women who got hurt once so they call every1 a liar. get over urself.

*i didn't even bother reading these recent pages, now it's a bunch of lunatics who believe in the impossible simply because their mommy said it was so, or there are things that seem to be unexplainable*


The worst and biggest of all liars, so perfectly on topic yes? heh


not sure how that makes sense. are you going to explain or just call me a liar?
Posted 9/1/12
Because they're lairs, duh. They don't take it seriously, or they're just trying to impress people which is fucked up because they don't know them. I dunno, lol. xD
734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
So what if people do?

It's not that you can tell or do anything.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

Axerith wrote:


AshRandom wrote:


Axerith wrote:

lolol it's just a bunch of women who got hurt once so they call every1 a liar. get over urself.

*i didn't even bother reading these recent pages, now it's a bunch of lunatics who believe in the impossible simply because their mommy said it was so, or there are things that seem to be unexplainable*


The worst and biggest of all liars, so perfectly on topic yes? heh


not sure how that makes sense. are you going to explain or just call me a liar?


No not you. the lunatics who believe in the impossible simply because mommy said it
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

destinypi wrote:
Stating that the infinitely complex is impossible to understand is another sign of your weak resolve.

Hey you know, for the record infinite actually means infinite. First of all we don't have infinite capacity within our minds and furthermore even if we did -- we'll never have enough time because it never ends. A god of infinite complexity is like, the endless subway sandwich of God, eat forever, they keep assembling more.

I didn't invent infinity. It's a mathematical reality theists have been applying to the definition of God since the Pharaohs discovered that the remainder for Pi never ends. The Egyptians give an accounting of the discovery of infinity as a function of several different calculations. It was considered holy. For no small reason it gave them a lot of confidence in their faith in the idea of being reborn and having an afterlife, simply because they had proven there were things in this universe without end!

Pretty cool eh?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.