First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
why do people lie on forum topics?
Posted 9/1/12


I see you really like insulting people's intelligence. You are stooping really low to attack me personally, since you really didn't have anything on me you are accusing me of being illiterate. How nice...

I never said atheists enact religous dogma, I just said anyone is capaple of really atrocious things. You made it sound like only religous people did.

I'm not claiming that bad religous, atrocious, murderous behavior is acceptable. On the contrary, You really fail to recognize any of my valid points. I'm not defending any side... I only defend the right to have another kind of belief than one's own and I defend that people shouldn't be looked down upon because of their different views. In the end your never ending hate will get you no where... I obviously fail at being worthy of a decent reply from you, all you do is insult me/others and it's gotten quite out of hand on this thread. You are not really looking at other people's well written arguments, you just consider them a joke if they don't live up to your standards. That's fine, but I've come to understand why so many people on here seem to think you twist their words and generally not like you.
Posted 9/1/12
This thread is a lie.... everyone lies... its a sad world
1867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The darkest timel...
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom

First I have to explain the definition of intolerance, now I have to explain generalization too? Look I understand that you're functionally illiterate but this is getting desperate. Just because you have heard the word "generalized" used with negative connotations does not me it is always negative, nor does it mean it equivalent to some swear word which can't be said, or allowed to occur.

Someone has made a "bad" generalization when they include a group which is in fact excluded from the subset they were naming. Calling out a group which is in fact the full set of all people who are motivated to participate in said activities vs a group which is never movitated to do so is exclusionary in the correct manner and perfectly fine. It's not a bad generalization. Atheists don't enact religious dogma. Only religious people enact religious dogma. That is a perfectly acceptable generalization. You demonstrate a lack of conceptual understanding by claiming otherwise.

And yes, believe it or not you are technically defending religiously motivated behavior by telling me that I'm being intolerant for my open criticism of atrocious, bigoted, murderous behavior seen around the world motivated solely by religious dogma. You are making a false assertion and you are attempting to defend the only side which has been attacked, for good cause I might add, which means you are defending immoral and unethical acts. Which side of this debate did you think you were on? The free thinker's side?



Hey man, or woman, that's enough already, seriously, I thought you were an "okay" person before, but now you are just coming off as an egotistical, condescending, jerk-off. Stop the snide comments too, I mean if you are such and intellectual you must have realized by now that the way you choose to get your point across will only agitate someone further, preventing them from even trying to see your point of view. From your posts all I know is that I would rather become a hardcore Christian/Catholic/what have you, over becoming an atheist because apparently it'll turn me into essentially the same type of beast but with a whole lot more condescending dick thrown into it.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

KazeNiNare wrote:


AshRandom

First I have to explain the definition of intolerance, now I have to explain generalization too? Look I understand that you're functionally illiterate but this is getting desperate. Just because you have heard the word "generalized" used with negative connotations does not me it is always negative, nor does it mean it equivalent to some swear word which can't be said, or allowed to occur.

Someone has made a "bad" generalization when they include a group which is in fact excluded from the subset they were naming. Calling out a group which is in fact the full set of all people who are motivated to participate in said activities vs a group which is never movitated to do so is exclusionary in the correct manner and perfectly fine. It's not a bad generalization. Atheists don't enact religious dogma. Only religious people enact religious dogma. That is a perfectly acceptable generalization. You demonstrate a lack of conceptual understanding by claiming otherwise.

And yes, believe it or not you are technically defending religiously motivated behavior by telling me that I'm being intolerant for my open criticism of atrocious, bigoted, murderous behavior seen around the world motivated solely by religious dogma. You are making a false assertion and you are attempting to defend the only side which has been attacked, for good cause I might add, which means you are defending immoral and unethical acts. Which side of this debate did you think you were on? The free thinker's side?



Hey man, or woman, that's enough already, seriously, I thought you were an "okay" person before, but now you are just coming off as an egotistical, condescending, jerk-off. Stop the snide comments too, I mean if you are such and intellectual you must have realized by now that the way you choose to get your point across will only agitate someone further, preventing them from even trying to see your point of view. From your posts all I know is that I would rather become a hardcore Christian/Catholic/what have you, over becoming an atheist because apparently it'll turn me into essentially the same type of beast but with a whole lot more condescending dick thrown into it.


That sums up the central problem with religion, and that's why there are thousands of religions. Hammering out the facts and separating fact from fiction is the last thing anyone wants to do in a house of worship. The agenda is indoctrination, be it Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever because none of them can withstand the slightest critical analysis.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

Amunat wrote:



I see you really like insulting people's intelligence. You are stooping really low to attack me personally, since you really didn't have anything on me you are accusing me of being illiterate. How nice...

I never said atheists enact religous dogma, I just said anyone is capaple of really atrocious things. You made it sound like only religous people did.

I'm not claiming that bad religous, atrocious, murderous behavior is acceptable. On the contrary, You really fail to recognize any of my valid points. I'm not defending any side... I only defend the right to have another kind of belief than one's own and I defend that people shouldn't be looked down upon because of their different views. In the end your never ending hate will get you no where... I obviously fail at being worthy of a decent reply from you, all you do is insult me/others and it's gotten quite out of hand on this thread. You are not really looking at other people's well written arguments, you just consider them a joke if they don't live up to your standards. That's fine, but I've come to understand why so many people on here seem to think you twist their words and generally not like you.


You insinuate that atheists would act like fundamentalists. That's shameful.

Really it is some of the worst and most salacious nonsense ever. It is not a defense. There are a whole host of social issues which generate friction with religious dogma, religious reactions in response, which all cruel and evil, are only ever motivated by religious dogma.

Atheists don't kill women for not wearing a head scarf.

Posted 9/1/12


I refuse to stoop as low as you just did. I used to have alot of respect for you, but you utterly changed that... You are entitled to your opinion and you obviosuly do not understand mine. Let's leave it at that. I respect whatever views you have, but this is the end of it.
4255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / somewhere on mars
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
YOu can't actually tell when people are lying online most of the time. Well, if some of the stuff people say is just crazy, well then yeah, you can.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

Amunat wrote:
That's fine, but I've come to understand why so many people on here seem to think you twist their words and generally not like you.


That's kinda funny, I've gotten a whole bunch of friend requests from people saying thanks for standing up for reason and rationality.

They're just afraid you religious reactionary-types will act like you don't like them either.

Your opinion is meaningless unless backed by evidenced logical arguments. It's meaningless when it comes to your opinion on if you like me, it's meaningless when it comes to if you don't. I'm anonymous. You are debating words, not a person. On paper you have been utterly trounced and in response you repeatedly demonstrated your inability to stand on equal footing with someone who can make rational arguments and provide evidence. Where is your evidence that atheists kill women for not wearing head scarves? That's not our agenda. That's a religious agenda. Calling them out on it is not intolerance, telling someone to shutup for even talking about it -- as you keep doing -- is in fact.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

Amunat wrote:



I refuse to stoop as low as you just did. I used to have alot of respect for you, but you utterly changed that... You are entitled to your opinion and you obviosuly do not understand mine. Let's leave it at that. I respect whatever views you have, but this is the end of it.


I can not hold any respect for someone who thinks baseless opinion is as worthy as evidence.

Atheists don't kill women for not wearing a head scarf. You insinuate that atheists would act like fundamentalists. That's shameful. Shame!

You know this is kinda the perfect thread for this. You're lying to yourself. Why can't you admit that atheists do not = fundamentalists. That they are in fact morally superior. Admit it, you liar. At least to yourself. Free thinkers wrote the greatest constitution the world has ever seen. One that became a model for the free world. In comparison religions and the theocratic regimes they create and uphold have written and enacted the most horrific and disgusting doctrines of torture and murder that history is even aware of.
2531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
There's no reason and every reason to lie on these posts: we're all strangers (presumably) !!
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

The agenda is indoctrination, be it Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever because none of them can withstand the slightest critical analysis.


I'm curious as to how many Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and whatever you've personally met.

In all matters people are able to align themselves towards extremes. And as with all matters where extremism is added into the equation, both ends contain incomplete and biased views.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12

evenstar95 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

The agenda is indoctrination, be it Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever because none of them can withstand the slightest critical analysis.


I'm curious as to how many Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and whatever you've personally met.

In all matters people are able to align themselves towards extremes. And as with all matters where extremism is added into the equation, both ends contain incomplete and biased views.


Only with religion have people institutionalized mass delusions.

How do you tell the difference between a claim with no evidence, and a delusion?

example: "God said not to suffer a witch to live. God said women must wear a head scarf or be killed."

where is the evidence for these delusional claims?
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / US
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
Wait, can you read minds via the internet?
Posted 9/1/12

AshRandom wrote:

Only with religion have people institutionalized mass delusions.

How do you tell the difference between a claim with no evidence, and a delusion?

example: "God said not to suffer a witch to live. God said women must wear a head scarf or be killed."

where is the evidence for these delusional claims?


Is there a purpose to your lengthy religion bashing other than to rant? I don't see much impact to be made with your words in these forums unless you throw in the words sex and boobs.
24348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Tacoma, WA
Online
Posted 9/1/12
why do people lie anyways......for effect or to hide, or just to test someone.. that's true for me anyways. ha ha, I be lyin' sometimes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.