Remove this ad
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Post Reply One Piece
Member
59571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

DraiKofi wrote:

I didn't like the Fisherman Island arc, Is this just me??



It's not just you.
I admit it was not the best arc, but tbh it's not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Y'all just expected too much.



4576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / @England
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

viva_cmpunker wrote:


DraiKofi wrote:

I didn't like the Fisherman Island arc, Is this just me??


Nope, you're not the only one. Ever since I began watching OP in 2005, I have never seen this much hate on a OP arc. I believe this happened because we were expecting a lot more since it's the first arc after the time skip and the fact that we've been waiting to get to Fishman Island ever since the Enies Lobby arc.

The good thing is that the ending of the arc was great and the next arc is amazing. For anime only fans, you have something to get excited for. The wait is almost over for the Punk Hazard arc in the anime which begins on January 6th I believe.


I think the pacing of the Fisherman Island arc made it agonizing, especially in the Anime. Yep can't wait to see Punk Hazard animated, I'm hopeful it will be good.
Member
71975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
I think the biggest problem I had with the Fishman Island arc is that Hodey and his crew felt like Small Fries.

You could feel it through the entire arc, these guys are not a real threat to the powered up Straw Hats.

You knew that even without the Straw Hats, if Hodey and crew had gone out into the big world they were going to get their asses handed to them. Hodey's plan of interrupting the Ruler's conference and killing the Human Kings, would have been a total failure, he wouldn't even make it to the front door of whatever building they held it in.

Luffy put more effort into destroying Noah than he had to beating down Hodey.


The New Fishman Pirates simply felt weak from the start
3102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

DraiKofi wrote:


viva_cmpunker wrote:


DraiKofi wrote:

I didn't like the Fisherman Island arc, Is this just me??


Nope, you're not the only one. Ever since I began watching OP in 2005, I have never seen this much hate on a OP arc. I believe this happened because we were expecting a lot more since it's the first arc after the time skip and the fact that we've been waiting to get to Fishman Island ever since the Enies Lobby arc.

The good thing is that the ending of the arc was great and the next arc is amazing. For anime only fans, you have something to get excited for. The wait is almost over for the Punk Hazard arc in the anime which begins on January 6th I believe.


I think the pacing of the Fisherman Island arc made it agonizing, especially in the Anime. Yep can't wait to see Punk Hazard animated, I'm hopeful it will be good.


The main problem for is how long it is.
57170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
IMO the best thing about One Piece is how colorful and unique the characters are.. every episode is just entertaining as hell. BUT!!!1 i have to say i dont like the new powered up versions of Chopper and Franky in particular.. just noisy omgzilla shut the face Franky and dont change into that Kung-Fu thing Chopper. Used to like Franky in his proud pervertedness but aieeee. hope they tone that noise down a bit soon ^^.
103862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/12
Fishman Arc featured more Jimbei and that was good enough for me.
964 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/14/12
Fishman Island was kinda of boring to me because the action lacked a lot. A fully developed fight with Vanderdecken and Hody's subordinates would have made things better. Or even showing the Princes' fights with the subordinates up to them losing might have worked too. Also, I thought filler scenes near the end in the battle with Hody and the conclusion to the fight was so poorly animated and directed with them trying to make that pushover seem more threatening than he originally was.
Member
29905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Online
Posted 12/18/12
Another awesome color page from this week's chapter. This is the last of the three back to back color pages.
103862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

viva_cmpunker wrote:

Another awesome color page from this week's chapter. This is the last of the three back to back color pages.


I-It's beautiful.

27634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Online
Posted 1/6/13
Congrats to One Piece
Posted 1/6/13
That new arc looks really good!!!

Am I the only one who's having a hard time settling with just the anime? I feel like one day I'll crack and read the manga to advance further in the story...
Member
29905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Online
Posted 1/6/13 , edited 1/6/13
We have finally arrived to Punk Hazard. I have to say, it's great to see this animated.

144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/13
I love One Piece because of the colorful cast of characters with their own distinct personalities. One Piece is also a very epic show not to be missed by children, teens, or adults. It's just a great show all around with lots of Comedy, Action, and Drama.

Member
59571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

koreissi wrote:

That new arc looks really good!!!

Am I the only one who's having a hard time settling with just the anime? I feel like one day I'll crack and read the manga to advance further in the story...



Tbh I got used to it.
I now put the series on hold till one arc is finished then I marathon it.





57232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 1/6/13
I must be a minority here but I liked Fish man island arc !

I dont like Punk hazard (manga reader) for me Punk hazard is the most boring arc to date after my 7 years of reading Op .

The setting is Cool and interesting but the plot of the current arc is just bleh



First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.