First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
The amount of trash talking
Posted 5/1/12

tortoiseshell wrote:

Soo should I bother deigning you with a serious reply or not?

You seem highly prejudiced.

A suicidal person is not going to care if what they are doing is pathetic. In fact some of them probably leave the world because they're sick of judgment and ridicule.

There are people who are not thinking clearly when they commit suicide.

There are people who ARE thinking clearly when they commit suicide. I did not mean that they were "happy". What I meant was they had no ties to people around them and were unafraid of death, unlike most people who think it is some sort of taboo.

People who are thinking clearly when they commit suicide and choose it because they think it is the only way out are sad. Yes they are. What they needed was someone to help them. Push them in the direction of medical and professional help. Sometimes in life when you fall you just need someone to help you. It's too bad no one was there to help.


Hmm, I could further the debate a bit more, but I've said what I wanted to say.

I may seem prejudice, but I've had a share of slumps to overcome, mentally, physically, and emotionally, so this is why I'm particularly hard on the subject. I don't have anything against anyone for taking their life, but I do disagree with it.
14951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 5/1/12

AZFox wrote:


tortoiseshell wrote:

Soo should I bother deigning you with a serious reply or not?

You seem highly prejudiced.

A suicidal person is not going to care if what they are doing is pathetic. In fact some of them probably leave the world because they're sick of judgment and ridicule.

There are people who are not thinking clearly when they commit suicide.

There are people who ARE thinking clearly when they commit suicide. I did not mean that they were "happy". What I meant was they had no ties to people around them and were unafraid of death, unlike most people who think it is some sort of taboo.

People who are thinking clearly when they commit suicide and choose it because they think it is the only way out are sad. Yes they are. What they needed was someone to help them. Push them in the direction of medical and professional help. Sometimes in life when you fall you just need someone to help you. It's too bad no one was there to help.


Hmm, I could further the debate a bit more, but I've said what I wanted to say.

I may seem prejudice, but I've had a share of slumps to overcome, mentally, physically, and emotionally, so this is why I'm particularly hard on the subject. I don't have anything against anyone for taking their life, but I do disagree with it.


Fair enough.
2490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/1/12
Lol i love how people are trash-talking this thread just because its about trash-talkers. Either way for the most part we all trashtalk, but thats just the internet \(^o^)/
44410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/12 , edited 5/1/12
I feel that if I respond to the suicide part I'll lose...
2223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/12
I believe that our world lacks maturity , thats the number one problem , people who just wont grow up
38171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Huntington, West...
Offline
Posted 5/2/12
You mean people will talk shit and act in a manner that is socially unacceptable on an anonymous forum with people they will most likely never meet in real life? Shocking.
Posted 5/2/12

ZenZaku wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:

Not sure about you but trolls are absolutely hilarious. Sometimes what they say is dumb or retarded or just unfunny. But when you find a really good troll I can't help but laugh at what they say, most of it is hilarious.

Have you ever tried trolling a troll? Some of the best comments you'll ever make, simply hysterical. Assuming you have the right mindset to do it and recognize the person as a troll.

Forums attract trolls/bored no lifes/ and retards. You've just mentioned the entire world's population. Everyone falls into one of those three categories depending on their mood and the subject matter being discussed. If you're looking for that place where everyone is nice and everyone is accepted without any fuss you'll never find it, we're talking about humans here. We can coexist but we can't get along 100% of the time.


See? Experienced troll.


You are rather hilarious, my friend.


Me your friend and you me friend?
32262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / Where is here? Wh...
Offline
Posted 5/2/12
Well I know I said I'd be gone for a while but reading through this I feel the need to express my opinion. We all have them and some of us are nicer about expressing them than others. What I say now I say because I'm afraid. My generation did a lot of wrong and hurt a lot of people and those we hurt most of all seem to be the next generation. It would seem we passed on a lot of our faults and short comings on to you but we didn't pass on enough kindness.

I've been reading through the forums and it seems many people here have seen their share of crap. It's not easy dealing with a friend or family member who killed themselves. It's not easy being the outsider either. I have enough experience with that. I've seen my own share of crap. I won't play any violins but lets just say I waded through my share of crap for a good many years. There are many paths in life but for someone who has seen their share of crap in the form of abuse, ridicule and hate from others we all come to the same fork in the road. We can choose not to be like those people and use them as an example of what never to become or we can give in to the pain and become just like them.

I've been watching Puella Magi. It's a great series but the one thing I don't agree with is that the girls have to become witches. They saw their share of shit too and according to the writer they must now become some horrible abomination because of it. I don't think that's how it works. In life if you become the proverbial witch it's because you let your pain consume you. You chose to hurt others because you yourself were hurt. Do the people who hurt you have to take some of the responsibility? Yes, but in the end it's your choice.

What scares me about forums like this is that people assume that trash talking is the norm and that it's OK to beat down people thousands of miles away because you don't know them. When you verbally beat down another person you hurt them. You don't know what they've been through or how their life is going. Your words might be the straw that breaks the camels back and drives them over the edge. Your anger is helping to create new "witches" so to speak. You are having a negative impact on society which in turn creates more negativity. You might assume that there are no consequences to your actions but by bringing down society as a whole with your trash talk you make your life worse, as you are a part of society.

Don't give in to your pain. Don't let those who hurt you win. They were miserable and so they wanted you to be miserable and if you are that means they got what they wanted. Don't continue the cycle it's meaningless, in the end the one your anger hurts most is you. I've seen people who gave in to their anger and watched their lives go to hell. I choose not to follow in their footsteps. All I ask is that you consider not following either.

52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/2/12
^ Too much text, not reading it. Anyway, this thread contradicts itself and in that respect is pointless.
4536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 5/2/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

^ Too much text, not reading it. Anyway, this thread contradicts itself and in that respect is pointless.


Lmao said the same thing. Saw a big ass wall of text in a joke thread, skipped it.
4371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 5/3/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:

Not sure about you but trolls are absolutely hilarious. Sometimes what they say is dumb or retarded or just unfunny. But when you find a really good troll I can't help but laugh at what they say, most of it is hilarious.

Have you ever tried trolling a troll? Some of the best comments you'll ever make, simply hysterical. Assuming you have the right mindset to do it and recognize the person as a troll.

Forums attract trolls/bored no lifes/ and retards. You've just mentioned the entire world's population. Everyone falls into one of those three categories depending on their mood and the subject matter being discussed. If you're looking for that place where everyone is nice and everyone is accepted without any fuss you'll never find it, we're talking about humans here. We can coexist but we can't get along 100% of the time.


See? Experienced troll.


You are rather hilarious, my friend.


Me your friend and you me friend?


Myu
Posted 5/4/12

ZenZaku wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:

Not sure about you but trolls are absolutely hilarious. Sometimes what they say is dumb or retarded or just unfunny. But when you find a really good troll I can't help but laugh at what they say, most of it is hilarious.

Have you ever tried trolling a troll? Some of the best comments you'll ever make, simply hysterical. Assuming you have the right mindset to do it and recognize the person as a troll.

Forums attract trolls/bored no lifes/ and retards. You've just mentioned the entire world's population. Everyone falls into one of those three categories depending on their mood and the subject matter being discussed. If you're looking for that place where everyone is nice and everyone is accepted without any fuss you'll never find it, we're talking about humans here. We can coexist but we can't get along 100% of the time.


See? Experienced troll.


You are rather hilarious, my friend.


Me your friend and you me friend?


Myu


Chyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Eau Claire, WI, US
Offline
Posted 5/4/12
lol, sorry, it's the net, what do you expect?

No one gets caught for it and arrested. If you don't like it then ignore. People are just like that.

From this point, everyone's safe, no one can harm them. What do they care?

If you have a problem then ignore it or say something. Btw, I'm not hating.

Just telling it how it is.
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Eau Claire, WI, US
Offline
Posted 5/4/12

chris1976 wrote:

Well I know I said I'd be gone for a while but reading through this I feel the need to express my opinion. We all have them and some of us are nicer about expressing them than others. What I say now I say because I'm afraid. My generation did a lot of wrong and hurt a lot of people and those we hurt most of all seem to be the next generation. It would seem we passed on a lot of our faults and short comings on to you but we didn't pass on enough kindness.

I've been reading through the forums and it seems many people here have seen their share of crap. It's not easy dealing with a friend or family member who killed themselves. It's not easy being the outsider either. I have enough experience with that. I've seen my own share of crap. I won't play any violins but lets just say I waded through my share of crap for a good many years. There are many paths in life but for someone who has seen their share of crap in the form of abuse, ridicule and hate from others we all come to the same fork in the road. We can choose not to be like those people and use them as an example of what never to become or we can give in to the pain and become just like them.

I've been watching Puella Magi. It's a great series but the one thing I don't agree with is that the girls have to become witches. They saw their share of shit too and according to the writer they must now become some horrible abomination because of it. I don't think that's how it works. In life if you become the proverbial witch it's because you let your pain consume you. You chose to hurt others because you yourself were hurt. Do the people who hurt you have to take some of the responsibility? Yes, but in the end it's your choice.

What scares me about forums like this is that people assume that trash talking is the norm and that it's OK to beat down people thousands of miles away because you don't know them. When you verbally beat down another person you hurt them. You don't know what they've been through or how their life is going. Your words might be the straw that breaks the camels back and drives them over the edge. Your anger is helping to create new "witches" so to speak. You are having a negative impact on society which in turn creates more negativity. You might assume that there are no consequences to your actions but by bringing down society as a whole with your trash talk you make your life worse, as you are a part of society.

Don't give in to your pain. Don't let those who hurt you win. They were miserable and so they wanted you to be miserable and if you are that means they got what they wanted. Don't continue the cycle it's meaningless, in the end the one your anger hurts most is you. I've seen people who gave in to their anger and watched their lives go to hell. I choose not to follow in their footsteps. All I ask is that you consider not following either.



lol, you could write a whole paper on it.
anyways, I partially skimmed this. I think your point is:

Be Considerate and think before posting hurtful messages. :D

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.