First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Favorite Length of Anime?
Posted 5/1/12

Kevin_Levin wrote:

Probably, around 24-26.


I'm the same, any more than that & it'd take me forever to finish, lol!

Posted 5/1/12

ecchi_fan_83 wrote:


Kevin_Levin wrote:

Probably, around 24-26.


I'm the same, any more than that & it'd take me forever to finish, lol!



Same
Posted 5/1/12
as lon as possible
13071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 5/1/12
Depends on the story for me. I usually prefer my anime to be no longer than around 90 episodes, but if it's really boring I may give up on it before that point. Likewise, if it's profoundly good, I could watch a series longer than that. For example ...

I took a long hiatus from Naruto because of the endless fillers, and have yet to get back to it. It was long, and I was getting bored with the pointless episodes.

BUT I stuck through the whole Jigoku Shoujo series because I found it spectacular.

Right now I've been watching some shorter series, but I may pick up a longer one again soon.
Posted 5/1/12
I think the 24 episodes mark is perfect- enough to leave you satisfied. But there are definitely those series that work both short and long, although 200+ does seem rather ridiculous. I usually stop watching after the 50 episode mark. Long ones are usually more difficult to get through because they don't seem to focus as much on the plot as some shorter series- there are a LOT of fillers and repeated elements.
67521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Online
Posted 5/1/12
I guess 50 episode animes (ones that run for a year) there perfect for giving everyone enough characterization and starting, developing and concluding a storyline - Most of my favourite animes ran for a year (Heartcatch Precure, Eureka Seven, Gundam Seed, FMA... etc)
56136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 5/1/12

Arakawa_Aya wrote:

I think the 24 episodes mark is perfect- enough to leave you satisfied. But there are definitely those series that work both short and long, although 200+ does seem rather ridiculous. I usually stop watching after the 50 episode mark. Long ones are usually more difficult to get through because they don't seem to focus as much on the plot as some shorter series- there are a LOT of fillers and repeated elements.


Agreed, although depending on the series, a 12 eps is alright.
Posted 5/1/12

volcan_98 wrote:


Arakawa_Aya wrote:

I think the 24 episodes mark is perfect- enough to leave you satisfied. But there are definitely those series that work both short and long, although 200+ does seem rather ridiculous. I usually stop watching after the 50 episode mark. Long ones are usually more difficult to get through because they don't seem to focus as much on the plot as some shorter series- there are a LOT of fillers and repeated elements.


Agreed, although depending on the series, a 12 eps is alright.


Yeah, Like Devil May Cry and Kino no Tabi
Posted 5/1/12
It doesn't matter to me, short or long. As long as it entertains me I could care less.
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 5/1/12 , edited 5/1/12
i like one hour+ episodes kinda like break blade, i don't mind it being shown once a month.

o we talking episode wise, i have no preference. the more the merrier i say, but that comes with exception.

14082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/12
50-100, as it gives me a good chance to get attached to the characters and leaves a bigger impact on me. Not saying that shorter series can't do that, it just seems to happen more frequently with longer series.
257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/1/12
It really depends on the anime. Some anime I wish were shorter, lots I wish were longer.
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/1/12
I like shows to be over when they're ready like death note. They could've easily milked that series but they'd put quality 1st & that's what'll always make that series stand out to me.
32842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crunchyroll
Offline
Posted 5/1/12 , edited 5/1/12
As long as possible with no filler!

Dont let it take away from those 12 ep series, they can be dam good.

It depends on how deep the animes gonna go. If you took Naruto and changed all the filler into story... thats 300++ episodes of raw awsomeness. The only downside I could imagine for these long animes is the rewatch values, no matter how good it is, it just gets to long.

While I think 24-26 ep's is the better answer, sometimes they can get a little loose in parts, compared to the tight-fit-everything-in-12 episodes. And because of the overwhelming amount of animes in our current world. I have to choose the Quality over Quantity path.

Final answer: Id rather 12 ep seasons, that have seasonal continuations. Fate Zero is my example.
32355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Great White North
Offline
Posted 5/1/12 , edited 5/1/12

I think we can all agree if the anime is good in every aspect : Art, Plot, Character voicing and all those other things that make anime great(just can't name them for now...) is consistent. I think we can safely say you can watch that anime forever like infinite episode as long as the company is receiving revenue but sometimes/maybe you eventually are going to run into a brick wall with that anime..
So, maybe 24+ episode with atleast 5 seasons.... Just saying I like to watch anime consistently especially if it's a romance anime and where the hero and heroine eventually become a couple. It ends because it is the last episode.... I want to see more like Clannad but not tragic.... WHY!!! Nagisa!!!!! and Usshio!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!! Maybe more lovey-dovey/romantic like Zero no Tsukaima.....but do it in a Kaichou wa Maid-sama way..... YEAH!!!! No fillers or special's. Maybe specials but it needs to be great... And I want to be in the romance comedy genre since anime is best that way....
Final answer... 24+ with atleast 5 seasons, good and consistent. Romantic and comedic.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.