First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
china
Posted 5/24/12
China = land of piracy
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/24/12

1darsh wrote:

IF japan never bombed pearl harbor should've we let japan have china and claim them as there own?


I suppose you didn't know that we (or more specifically the U.S. Air Force) were already in China as volunteer fighter pilots when Japan was moving in. We also had our navy there as well (though not as a fighting position).


4562558 wrote:

Nope , and even if they have claimed china in the situation u are talking about . China will still get independent because of world peace just like any other country that colonized other country and now they are what we call 3rd world country . China was counted as a 3rd world country but now it isn't really 3rd because of the growing potential on the economy and technology area.Still there are a whole lot of poor people there.
Quiet a stupid question btw , think u should have payed more attention at history class ;p just being honest ...


lol @ World Peace. I think you're the one who needs to go back to school and pay more attention. What if Japan now had access to the oil fields in the Middle East thanks to conquering China? And since we're talking about hypotheticals, they would also have been in a better position to attack Russia if push comes to shove. The only reason the world is like this now is because the Allies won. Do you really think the world would be the same if Hitler and the Axis had won World War 2?


phanAn wrote:
Why? For what Purpose? And as history tells it's been tried at least 3 times and in Korea too. Couldn't get a foothold, Let it be!


They had annexed Korea in 1910 and were moving from Manchuria into China in 1937. Why? It was World War 2 and back then, it was a race to take over the world or keep it "free". The purpose? Resources, Territory, etc. etc.


4562558 wrote:


Ragnarok210 wrote:

If this is hypothetical, let's said japan manage to take china... Then eventually Japan will take over the world, considering all the resources and people in china...


Actually no , in the period that Japan had taken over some district on China there has been a lot of rebels . So they might as well loss a lot more than they are gaining from it.


Just like Russia, Chinese conscription and even their regurlar army also faced huge desertions. Rebels alone don't take back a country from an organized armed force with superior weapons and tactics. Sure they would cause trouble but not enough to be a downside when you now have a better strategic location for Europe and the Middle East.


underlock wrote:

and my neck is white


Doesn't recognize an insult even though it hit him right in the face.
41282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/24/12

FallenYmir wrote:


1darsh wrote:

IF japan never bombed pearl harbor should've we let japan have china and claim them as there own?


I suppose you didn't know that we (or more specifically the U.S. Air Force) were already in China as volunteer fighter pilots when Japan was moving in. We also had our navy there as well (though not as a fighting position).


4562558 wrote:

Nope , and even if they have claimed china in the situation u are talking about . China will still get independent because of world peace just like any other country that colonized other country and now they are what we call 3rd world country . China was counted as a 3rd world country but now it isn't really 3rd because of the growing potential on the economy and technology area.Still there are a whole lot of poor people there.
Quiet a stupid question btw , think u should have payed more attention at history class ;p just being honest ...


lol @ World Peace. I think you're the one who needs to go back to school and pay more attention. What if Japan now had access to the oil fields in the Middle East thanks to conquering China? And since we're talking about hypotheticals, they would also have been in a better position to attack Russia if push comes to shove. The only reason the world is like this now is because the Allies won. Do you really think the world would be the same if Hitler and the Axis had won World War 2?


phanAn wrote:
Why? For what Purpose? And as history tells it's been tried at least 3 times and in Korea too. Couldn't get a foothold, Let it be!


They had annexed Korea in 1910 and were moving from Manchuria into China in 1937. Why? It was World War 2 and back then, it was a race to take over the world or keep it "free". The purpose? Resources, Territory, etc. etc.


4562558 wrote:


Ragnarok210 wrote:

If this is hypothetical, let's said japan manage to take china... Then eventually Japan will take over the world, considering all the resources and people in china...


Actually no , in the period that Japan had taken over some district on China there has been a lot of rebels . So they might as well loss a lot more than they are gaining from it.


Just like Russia, Chinese conscription and even their regurlar army also faced huge desertions. Rebels alone don't take back a country from an organized armed force with superior weapons and tactics. Sure they would cause trouble but not enough to be a downside when you now have a better strategic location for Europe and the Middle East.


underlock wrote:

and my neck is white


Doesn't recognize an insult even though it hit him right in the face.




I love have you took apart different arguments and analyzed them. Nice job ~~
16370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 5/24/12 , edited 5/24/12
let japan have china,can japan even defeat china? i say they can't.. looking back at asian history china had the most power they dipped their finger in almost every cookie jar(all other asian countries) and just violated them yeah took their women to(american style)
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 5/25/12
no.
1) cause i'm Chinese
2) cause China would totally go "Japanese used to be Chinese" and probably do vice versa. I'm sorry, but it's totally probable.
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

Bashment wrote:

let japan have china,can japan even defeat china? i say they can't.. looking back at asian history china had the most power they dipped their finger in almost every cookie jar(all other asian countries) and just violated them yeah took their women to(american style) :D


Prior to the 1900's, sure; but we're talking about a tiny nation who put up a resistance against Russia and the U.S. compared to a mostly conscripted force.
Japan may not have the manpower to take over all of China considering their army was stretched out all over the Pacific along with China's huge population, but at the time they did possess greater technology, weaponry, tactics, and weren't just coming straight out from a civil war.


Catz1297 wrote:

no.
1) cause i'm Chinese
2) cause China would totally go "Japanese used to be Chinese" and probably do vice versa. I'm sorry, but it's totally probable.


1) And?
2) Doesn't pertain to the topic nor answers the TC's question.
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Las Noches
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

BearSol wrote:


4562558 wrote:


Ragnarok210 wrote:

If this is hypothetical, let's said japan manage to take china... Then eventually Japan will take over the world, considering all the resources and people in china...


Actually no , in the period that Japan had taken over some district on China there has been a lot of rebels . So they might as well loss a lot more than they are gaining from it.


The Chinese rebels were making little to no progress, mostly just getting innocents killed. Perhaps it is you who should have paid more attention in History class.


Gawd do i really need to explain... , like u said ''no progress'' and the ''innocents killed'' parts . That is exactly my point , how exactly are u going to get these innocent people killed ? with guns , fyi guns were very expensive during those times. You still want me to explain further bro or sis ? .
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Las Noches
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

BearSol wrote:


4562558 wrote:

Nope , and even if they have claimed china in the situation u are talking about . China will still get independent because of world peace just like any other country that colonized other country and now they are what we call 3rd world country . China was counted as a 3rd world country but now it isn't really 3rd because of the growing potential on the economy and technology area.Still there are a whole lot of poor people there.


If any country can get their freedom in this day of age, why does China still have their foot on Taiwan, Inner Mongolia and Tibet's collective necks?

Why is Ireland still England's bitch?

It's not so easy as you think.


Of course it's not , i live in a country that was once colonized and they still depends on them like a btch u mentioned BUT it will still be considered as a individual country even thought it will be someone's btch . Second you need to have power to be able to control a country many times your size and the people . Of course Japan has it now but not when they were waging war . During that time they focus a lot more on buying guns than on actually growing their own economy . Of course they do get money from people on China but a lot of them rebelled against japan and eventually died , so their resources and men were getting less.

My point of the rebellion was not that they can actually take it back but it would be a waste of ''investment'' in a country full of rebels.
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Las Noches
Offline
Posted 5/27/12 , edited 5/27/12

FallenYmir wrote:


1darsh wrote:

IF japan never bombed pearl harbor should've we let japan have china and claim them as there own?


I suppose you didn't know that we (or more specifically the U.S. Air Force) were already in China as volunteer fighter pilots when Japan was moving in. We also had our navy there as well (though not as a fighting position).


4562558 wrote:

Nope , and even if they have claimed china in the situation u are talking about . China will still get independent because of world peace just like any other country that colonized other country and now they are what we call 3rd world country . China was counted as a 3rd world country but now it isn't really 3rd because of the growing potential on the economy and technology area.Still there are a whole lot of poor people there.
Quiet a stupid question btw , think u should have payed more attention at history class ;p just being honest ...


lol @ World Peace. I think you're the one who needs to go back to school and pay more attention. What if Japan now had access to the oil fields in the Middle East thanks to conquering China? And since we're talking about hypotheticals, they would also have been in a better position to attack Russia if push comes to shove. The only reason the world is like this now is because the Allies won. Do you really think the world would be the same if Hitler and the Axis had won World War 2?


phanAn wrote:
Why? For what Purpose? And as history tells it's been tried at least 3 times and in Korea too. Couldn't get a foothold, Let it be!


They had annexed Korea in 1910 and were moving from Manchuria into China in 1937. Why? It was World War 2 and back then, it was a race to take over the world or keep it "free". The purpose? Resources, Territory, etc. etc.


4562558 wrote:


Ragnarok210 wrote:

If this is hypothetical, let's said japan manage to take china... Then eventually Japan will take over the world, considering all the resources and people in china...


Actually no , in the period that Japan had taken over some district on China there has been a lot of rebels . So they might as well loss a lot more than they are gaining from it.


Just like Russia, Chinese conscription and even their regurlar army also faced huge desertions. Rebels alone don't take back a country from an organized armed force with superior weapons and tactics. Sure they would cause trouble but not enough to be a downside when you now have a better strategic location for Europe and the Middle East.


underlock wrote:

and my neck is white


Doesn't recognize an insult even though it hit him right in the face.


please don't let me face palm myself anymore

3339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/27/12
No because each nation should have its own rights to rule itself and have its own government and such. but if a nation is in need of help we'll help in return we expect the same. =.=
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

4562558 wrote:


BearSol wrote:


4562558 wrote:


Ragnarok210 wrote:

If this is hypothetical, let's said japan manage to take china... Then eventually Japan will take over the world, considering all the resources and people in china...


Actually no , in the period that Japan had taken over some district on China there has been a lot of rebels . So they might as well loss a lot more than they are gaining from it.


The Chinese rebels were making little to no progress, mostly just getting innocents killed. Perhaps it is you who should have paid more attention in History class.


Gawd do i really need to explain... , like u said ''no progress'' and the ''innocents killed'' parts . That is exactly my point , how exactly are u going to get these innocent people killed ? with guns , fyi guns were very expensive during those times. You still want me to explain further bro or sis ? .


If you're trying to say that the Imperial Japanese Army was ill-equiped then you're the one who needs to go back to school and pay attention. Their army also encompassed enough aircraft carriers, battleships, destroyers, submarines, "fighter" planes, and tanks in addition to their infantry (which had guns) to fight the U.S. so I don't get your point.

Maybe you should look up a map of the Second Sino-Japanese War and see how much the Japanese took over China in addition to having its forces spead out in the Pacific.
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

Naruuki wrote:

No because each nation should have its own rights to rule itself and have its own government and such. but if a nation is in need of help we'll help in return we expect the same. =.=


At that time, the U.S. had just came out of the First World War. Faced with the horrors of "modern warfare" and the realization of fighting and dying for another country's sake, popular support grew for us to become a passive/isolationist party during the outbreak of the Second World War until Pearl Harbour.

We were also in a depression too...
3339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/27/12

FallenYmir wrote:


Naruuki wrote:

No because each nation should have its own rights to rule itself and have its own government and such. but if a nation is in need of help we'll help in return we expect the same. =.=


At that time, the U.S. had just came out of the First World War. Faced with the horrors of "modern warfare" and the realization of fighting and dying for another country's sake, popular support grew for us to become a passive/isolationist party during the outbreak of the Second World War until Pearl Harbour.

We were also in a depression too...


yeah thanks to ww2 we went out of the great depression and into the cold war. ._.

41282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/12 , edited 5/27/12

Catz1297 wrote:

no.
1) cause i'm Chinese
2) cause China would totally go "Japanese used to be Chinese" and probably do vice versa. I'm sorry, but it's totally probable.



Can't agree more with what you said. Having lived in both HK and China as well as studying a MA of Chinese history this situation is just "hypothetical" at best. We cannot actually assume that something like this would happen.


I once read Yan Mo's "Red Sorghum" and at one part a Japanese soldier and getting ready to kill a Chinese by torturing him. The Chinese laughs at the Japanese and says, "You can kill me, you can kill my whole village, but you can never defeat China".


As long as there is Chinese nationalism, China will never be able to be defeated.
toxxin 
43361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 5/27/12
As this is a hypothetical I shall answer it as a hypothetical. If Japan never bombed pearl harbor we would have had no reason to go into WW2 Japan would have built an empire in the east (but there would be massive resistance from the chinese and other nations). The Germans would have wiped out The UK and got Mexico to side with them (they tried but the CIA(or whatever it was called then) intercepted the message). We would have fought Mexico with Canada's help and the whole of Europe would have fallen to the Axis powers. Russia wouldn't have stood a chance against a combined army of the Italians and Germans. They would then have set their sights on North and South America and By then the Japanese would have enough power to send a force to invade the West coast dividing our forces that are attacking Mexico. We would have retreated to the Northeast to consolidate our forces with Canada against the combined might of the Germans, Italians, Mexicans, Japanese, and anyone else that was smart enough to join the winning team. The end result of the Japanese not bombing Pearl Harbor would be a world controlled by the Axis, there would be no jews, homosexuals, gypsies, or minorities of any kind. Hitler might have had his 10,000 year reich. So thank you Japan for forcing our hand and making us join WW2.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.