First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Time Magazine Breastfeeding Cover Stirs Up Controversy
Posted 5/12/12
Disgusting, no. I just find it ridiculous. I remember watching an episode of Taboo. There are women who breast feed their children until they're 12 or even older. Apparently these women have some type of attachment issues. I don't see how it's healthy for regular child or adult development.
Posted 5/12/12

Mangasurf wrote:

i breast fed till I was 10.


You breast fed?!
74596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / U
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
I breastfed my son until he was 12 months, anything past that and I'm kinda like "wtf?"

I'm just sayin, once that thing has teeth--GAME OVER. My son was lucky he didn't cut his first tooth til he was 11 1/2 months old.

And he's definitely a booby fan... "I can see your boobies!" or when I'm wearing a tank top, he's not even like paying attention and he's lightly smacking the top of my boobs because they jiggle. >.>

I have learned that being a boy starts at BIRTH >.< But it gives me great confidence that I will have grandchildren some day.
56983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/12/12
This is nothing new.. I watch 20/20 a few years ago (I think 2005) with a lady who was breast feeding her 9 and 10 year old daughter and son. These kids are going to be F@#ed up and be one of those baby fetish guys who want a person to treat them like a baby and they are 40 years old..

Sick Man Sick..

Edit: Here is part of the 20/20 clip I watched a while back..

http://youtu.be/qRqGXS6RmKs
42484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

LosingOrbit wrote:

Disgusting, no. I just find it ridiculous. I remember watching an episode of Taboo. There are women who breast feed their children until they're 12 or even older. Apparently these women have some type of attachment issues. I don't see how it's healthy for regular child or adult development.


They probably just enjoy getting their nips sucked on.
69985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
When he's of working age he's going to be arrested on his lunch hour. I mean it's been normal up until now and mom just isn't around and he's pretty hungry.
Posted 5/12/12
TITS!

Well, not really. More like... cleavage but that's close enough.
Posted 5/12/12

Mangasurf wrote:

i breast fed till I was 10.


How is that possible it says your MALE
31057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Californa
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

gaara579 wrote:


Mangasurf wrote:

i breast fed till I was 10.


How is that possible it says your MALE


Males can have boobs just like females. You just have to rub your nipples constanly everyday
Posted 5/12/12

abcman641 wrote:


gaara579 wrote:


Mangasurf wrote:

i breast fed till I was 10.


How is that possible it says your MALE


Males can have boobs just like females. You just have to rub your nipples constanly everyday :D


and males can give birth and milk comes out? please explain........
69985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 5/12/12


I have nipples, can you milk me Greg?
4845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
I think using a picture of a mother breastfeeding her child as a "statement" just wasn't the way to go. In my op.
It's supposed to be a intimate thing to nurture the kid but here it just looks like a grown woman and a big three-year old sucking on a nipple. Not very "mother-to-son"-ish since she's just there not even paying attention to the kid either. To use a picture like this, I think that one just wasn't the "right" one.
31057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Californa
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

gaara579 wrote:


abcman641 wrote:


gaara579 wrote:


Mangasurf wrote:

i breast fed till I was 10.


How is that possible it says your MALE


Males can have boobs just like females. You just have to rub your nipples constanly everyday :D


and males can give birth and milk comes out? please explain........


I dont think males can give brith though. But if you rub your nipples or breast, it stimulates the mammary glands in your body to grow and produce milk. But males have to extensively stimulate their nipples for it to work.

This is what i learned in anatomy & physiology class. lol.
Posted 5/12/12
yes very usefull information since everyone needs to know that in school
53239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
That kid doesn't look like an 3 year old at all.. I would've guessed around 8 years old..

The problem is when the mothers don't want to stop, saying things like 'But he/she likes it' - You can't always count on the child to know when to stop, it's the parents responsibility.

Personally I think it's weird and possibly selfish, yes there are health benefits to drinking breast milk while growing up, but most of these 'pro-feeding' arguments completely ignore the whole emotional/psychological aspect - And yes, it will affect the child emotionally/psychologically if it's "too long", with mostly long-term affects.

Coincidentally, the majority of children who're breastfed past their "natural stopping age" are male..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.