First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Must Watch Anime List
9126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/13/12
I'm a big anime fan and this is my top tier anime list. With most of these anime I have watched every episode. Some of these are on Hulu, Crunchyroll, or other websites you'll have to find. But these are Animes you have to see (it's worth it). If there is anything you want me to add, i'll watch a few episodes and determine if it's listworthy. Or, if anyone is looking for new anime this is a great place to start.

If you want to watch these anime, and they are not on Crunchyroll or Hulu, you'll have to get creative on how to find it ;).
Asterisks appear next to the anime that you MUST see, they are my personal favorates. While they are all good, the asterisks have presidence over the non asterisked. (BTW shoutout to Accel World, fantastic new anime i've been watching)


5 Centimeters Per Second* (Pretty sad anime)
11 Eyes
A Bridge To The Starry Skies
A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
Accel World * (fantastic basis, I love the plot and where the story is going)
Afro Samurai
Air Gear * (The characters are fantastic, the drive to make it to the top is inspiring)
Akira * (Good movie, set in neo Japan about teens with very strong telekinesis)
Another
Bakemonogatari
Beezlebub
Black Butler
Bleach * (Some may disagree but the first 100 or so episodes were fantastic)
Blood + * (Show about vampires, high quality story)
Blue Dragon
Blue Exorcist * (Very good demon anime, I won't spoil what it's about but it's worth checking out)
Brave 10
ChaoS; HeaD * (An unexpected ending, makes you think some)
Chrono Crusade
Chrome Shelled Regios
Clannad
Claymore * (Another anime about demons, but this time in the distant past. Claymores fight off these demons)
Code Geass * (GREAT anime, had me to the edge of my seat the entire time. Highly reccomend)
Darker Than Black
Deadman Wonderland * (A boy was accused of slaughtering 20 of his fellow classmates and ends up in a jail, but this is no ordinary jail...)
Death Note * (Another great anime, Death note is fantastic. Its characters and plot are truly fantastic)
Demon King Daimao
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z* (It's Dragon Ball Z, come on....)
Dragon Ball GT
Dragon Crisis!
Eden of the East
Elfen Lied * (Very good action sequences)
Esca Flowne
Eyeshield 21
Fairy Tale
Fortune Arterial
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood * (Good story elements and the universe is pretty amazing. Comedy aspects as well)
Fullmetal Panic
Gantz * (The action is pretty good)
Hayate no Gotoku
Hell Girl
Highschool of the Dead * (Pretty much the only zombie anime)
Howl's Moving Castle * (Good fantasy watch)
Inuyasha
Jyu Oh Sei * (Top par story)
Kamisama Dolls
Kanokon
Kaze no Stigma
Kima ga Nozumu Eien * (A pretty sad anime)
Ladies X Butlers!
Mushi-Shi
Myself; Yourself
Naruto * (I don't need to explain this one)
Naruto Shippuden* (Fantastic comeback, it's currently an anime behemoth)
Natsume Yujincho
Noein* (A philosophical and science otaku's wet dream)
No. 6
One Piece* (Another big name, fantastic premise)
Oreimo
Ouran High School Host Club
Place Promised In Our Early Days
Princess Mononoke* (Past fantasy, another good one)
Sacred Seven
Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas
Samurai Champloo* (This anime is funny, and it was animated very well. Actiony)
School Days* (an ending that you would never expect, very uncommon)
Sekirei
Soul Eater* (Really funny, and good action)
Spirited Away* (good story about a girl caught in the land of spirits trying to save her parents)
Suzuka
Steins; Gate* (A philosophical and science otaku's wet dream 2, I really really like this one. Slow start but it gets crazy)
The Girl Who Lept Through Time * (an anime that makes you think, kind of touching as well)
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
The World God Only Knows* (A gamer with no friends made a deal with a demon and has to get women to fall in love with him)
Tokko
Uraboku
Vandread* (Cool sci-fi anime, worth the watch)
WitchBlade
xxxholic
Yu Gi Oh* (Nobody that had a good childhood can say they didn't watch Yu Gi Oh)
Yu Yu Hakusho * (Same as above)
Zatchbell
Zetmen

46333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/12/12
Put it in alphabetical order, it'll look cleaner and people can find things better. Also, you have a few listed twice or three times and its a mess. You could fix it up a bit.

I could go and give a good must watch Anime list of my own, but why not just add some of mine to yours? Anyway, I think you should add some such as:

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Gurren Lagann
Ghost in the Shell
School Rumble
Evangelion
Cromartie High School
Chrono Crusade
Fruits Basket
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
FLCL
Summer Wars
Claymore
Ergo Proxy
Heaven's Lost Property
Chobits
Angel Beats!
Black Lagoon
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Sailor Moon
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

If I listed some that are already on your list it's because I can't read it without getting a headache.
11450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
Where can I find Inuyasha, I wanna start to watch it >_<
58152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

NenoSays wrote:

Where can I find Inuyasha, I wanna start to watch it >_<


You can buy it on Amazon. ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Inuyasha-Season-1-Noriko-Hidaka/dp/B0002HODKO
3187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Magic Realm
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
Sadly Inuyasha isn't on this site. But you can try other sites like anilinkz.com or animefreak.tv those sites should have it ^^
Posted 5/12/12
This list was tough but if u r a fan:
Claymore
Witchblade
Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero
Higurashi When They Cry
Bleach
Naruto
Blade Of The Immortal
Ninja Scroll
Chaos Head
Queens Blade abd Queens Blade Rebelliion
When The Seagulls Cry
XAmd
Blue Exorcist
OZMA
Fist of The North Star
Hell Girl
Many of theses are horror, mystery, and battle situations
9126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/12
I fixed it up :), thanks for the advice.
114130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/12/12
i question whether the mods will allow this thread to be on the forums.

that aside why is High School of the Dead and School Days a must watch they are the worst abominations masquerading as anime ever to exist
9126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/12/12

uhohimdead wrote:

i question whether the mods will allow this thread to be on the forums.

that aside why is High School of the Dead and School Days a must watch they are the worst abominations masquerading as anime ever to exist


This is an opionated thread, and I enjoy those two animes enough to put them on a must watch status. If you don't enjoy my pick it doesn't matter much. I chose High School of the Dead because it's the only zombie anime I could ever find and had an enjoyable story. School Days had an ending that was completely unexpected, and made it a very good ending. After watching hundreds of hours of different kinds anime those are good enough that i'd watch those again and again.
114130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

koarath wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

i question whether the mods will allow this thread to be on the forums.

that aside why is High School of the Dead and School Days a must watch they are the worst abominations masquerading as anime ever to exist


This is an opionated thread, and I enjoy those two animes enough to put them on a must watch status. If you don't enjoy my pick it doesn't matter much. I chose High School of the Dead because it's the only zombie anime I could ever find and had an enjoyable story. School Days had an ending that was completely unexpected, and made it a very good ending. After watching hundreds of hours of different kinds anime those are good enough that i'd watch those again and again.


it may be an opinionated thread but a part of that opening post mentions how to illegally watch anime that is likely licensed or not available currently in our respected regions

that's against the rules
9126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

uhohimdead wrote:


koarath wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

i question whether the mods will allow this thread to be on the forums.

that aside why is High School of the Dead and School Days a must watch they are the worst abominations masquerading as anime ever to exist


This is an opionated thread, and I enjoy those two animes enough to put them on a must watch status. If you don't enjoy my pick it doesn't matter much. I chose High School of the Dead because it's the only zombie anime I could ever find and had an enjoyable story. School Days had an ending that was completely unexpected, and made it a very good ending. After watching hundreds of hours of different kinds anime those are good enough that i'd watch those again and again.


it may be an opinionated thread but a part of that opening post mentions how to illegally watch anime that is likely licensed or not available currently in our respected regions

that's against the rules


Indeed, but before this thread gets taken down I would enjoy if I could at least help one person find some truly inspiring anime. That's what this is for, even if it only helps one person.
46333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/12/12 , edited 5/12/12
Well it doesn't specifically mention to watch it illegally, he just says to find it yourself somehow if those sites don't work out. He mentioned Hulu and Crunchyroll. I'd throw in FUNimation in there as well. You'll find most of the anime listed on these sites anyhow. On the note of it being an opinionated thread, everything is opinionated in some way you can't change that. I suggest maybe curving the list to be more new anime watcher friendly though. Also, not important but, you should put titles with numbers before the alphabet such as 5 Centimeters Per Second. Personally I'd specify whether each anime listed is either a movie, series, or both and how long it runs for. For example, FLCL is a series that runs for 6 episodes and what's with the *'s?
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

The fact that you have Bleach in there already makes your must-watch list invalid.


But @ you for adding One Piece and FMA: Brotherhood.


46333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/12/12

chrome_mist wrote:


The fact that you have Bleach in there already makes your must-watch list invalid.


But @ you for adding One Piece and FMA: Brotherhood.




(-.-)'
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/12/12






First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.