First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
PSA: Always cherish your friends and love ones...
43239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 5/19/12

I went to a wake for a person I had gone to high school with yesterday, we were not very close. But, today I went to a memorial for my best friend. It was a street naming ceremony.

The ceremony was about an hour, prayers, speeches from government reps, priest, and organizations praising all of the contributions my best friend made in his life, how he touched so many people's lives, and how he never let anyone know how ill he was and how hard he tried to overcome his disabilites and illness while helping everyone else.

Afterwards, everyone went out to eat, and we all took turns getting up and saying what he meant to us, and how he touched our lives.

... can't type anymore at the moment... sorry.

Remember to always cherish your friends. Life isn't forever. Never let stupid squabbles get in the way. Him and I didn't talk for a few years, and we made amends in 2008. We kept in touch, but I was always busy. I was not very good at making time, and I regret it. The last time him and I had spoke was two christmas' ago, and less than a month later he passed from his illnesses.

Posted 5/19/12
Don't worry, I get in quarrels with mr booze sometimes but we'll always be best friends.
14951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 5/19/12
Life is fragile. You don't realize it until it's snatched away in a stupid accident out of the blue.
Posted 5/19/12

tortoiseshell wrote:

Life is fragile. You don't realize it until it's snatched away in a stupid accident out of the blue.


the mechanical program given by god
5349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/12
damnit I was hoping this would be a link to one of those old cheesy PSA short films they made for schools in the 50's.

Instead I get a really depressing story
Posted 5/19/12
I feel for you, but I have a feeling this thread is against forum policy, because it is a bit personal. Please forgive the mods if it gets locked.
Posted 5/19/12
R.I.P to your friend. I always try to stand by that quote, to cherish and be kind while they're still here with you. I'll make time if I had it, but except my sister, not too sure if someone would do the same for me.
Posted 5/20/12 , edited 5/20/12
Lol at her pessimism. I would if I could.

I reckon this is a viable topic.

If you find it hard just being around a family member or friend I suggest you overcome your cuddies. It is unmanly. Give them a hug or something close to it.

Their maybe someone who's loud or has appalling manners. Dismissing them for their annoying idiosyncracies and only seeing that about them is not worth it. It's my bad habit and I always cop out on good times and X theirs by being aloof. I would say live with it but it seems saying learn to live with yourself sounds more true. It can annoy and you may not approve. Take the time to accept that about them regardless of your vexations. That's well worth it.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/20/12 , edited 5/20/12
People die, you can't change that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SSGhmTvr0
Jaeger Moderator
62292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The North
Offline
Posted 5/20/12 , edited 5/20/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

People die, you can't change that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SSGhmTvr0


Thank you for that pearl of wisdom, oh enlightened one, but no one is disputing the fact that "people die".

The point is to make the most of the time you have with the important ones.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/20/12 , edited 5/20/12

Zeronite wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

People die, you can't change that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SSGhmTvr0


Thank you for that pearl of wisdom, oh enlightened one, but no one is disputing the fact that "people die".

The point is to make the most of the time you have with the important ones.


And? People die, every second they spend doing something is proof that they lived. An important person you cherish doesn't change that. Making the most of your time for yourself is the only thing you have in the end, whether you encounter others along the way is irrelevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVW7ahL6p9s&feature=related
Jaeger Moderator
62292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The North
Offline
Posted 5/20/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Zeronite wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

People die, you can't change that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SSGhmTvr0


Thank you for that pearl of wisdom, oh enlightened one, but no one is disputing the fact that "people die".

The point is to make the most of the time you have with the important ones.


And? People die, every second they spend doing something is proof that they lived. An important person you cherish doesn't change that. Making the most of your time for yourself is the only thing you have in the end, whether you encounter others along the way is irrelevant.



I'll ignore the re-itteration of "people die" because it's as pointless here as it was in your last post.

Are you trying to say the only person that's important is one's self?
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/20/12

Zeronite wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Zeronite wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

People die, you can't change that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SSGhmTvr0


Thank you for that pearl of wisdom, oh enlightened one, but no one is disputing the fact that "people die".

The point is to make the most of the time you have with the important ones.


And? People die, every second they spend doing something is proof that they lived. An important person you cherish doesn't change that. Making the most of your time for yourself is the only thing you have in the end, whether you encounter others along the way is irrelevant.



I'll ignore the re-itteration of "people die" because it's as pointless here as it was in your last post.

Are you trying to say the only person that's important is one's self?


Am I?
Jaeger Moderator
62292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The North
Offline
Posted 5/21/12


You don't even know what you're saying. Well at least now I know for sure.
Posted 5/21/12
well if i had friends and loved ones........
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.