First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Anime that should receive a second chance?
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

toxxin wrote:

The World God Only Knows sold bad in Japan so it most likely wont get a second season which is killing me because at the end of the first one they gave previews of characters that would be in the next season.


you do know that the second season has been out for quite some time, but it probably wont get the third season it promised. idk about anyone else, but I kinda liked the series for its parodical humor
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

bloodwolfbain wrote:

Anime that need a second chance. I view this as two separate points

1. Anime that need a complete redo.
Soul Eater - The Title says Soul Eater yet the story is about something completely different as in there is nearly no soul eating.
Melody of Oblivion - What can't I say it's a poorly done anime.

2. Anime that could use another season

07 Ghost
Pumpkin Scissors
Highschool DxD
Highschool Of The Dead
Deadman Wonderland


I know for a fact H.O.T.D is gettting a second season (i saw the press conference). Idk about the guy up top, but I havent seen deadman
Wonderland. Is it anygood? theird doing a dub for it on Toonami
35175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Austin
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

toxxin wrote:

The World God Only Knows sold bad in Japan so it most likely wont get a second season which is killing me because at the end of the first one they gave previews of characters that would be in the next season.


there actually is a second season of which both are on CR. (link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-world-god-only-knows)
i'm pretty sure you meant a third season cause i kinda want it too.
14064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Middle of nowhere...
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

kaptainkooleio wrote:


bloodwolfbain wrote:

Anime that need a second chance. I view this as two separate points

1. Anime that need a complete redo.
Soul Eater - The Title says Soul Eater yet the story is about something completely different as in there is nearly no soul eating.
Melody of Oblivion - What can't I say it's a poorly done anime.

2. Anime that could use another season

07 Ghost
Pumpkin Scissors
Highschool DxD
Highschool Of The Dead
Deadman Wonderland


I know for a fact H.O.T.D is gettting a second season (i saw the press conference). Idk about the guy up top, but I havent seen deadman
Wonderland. Is it anygood? theird doing a dub for it on Toonami


Deadman Wounderland is a great anime I highly recommend it.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 5/25/12

bloodwolfbain wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:


bloodwolfbain wrote:

Anime that need a second chance. I view this as two separate points

1. Anime that need a complete redo.
Soul Eater - The Title says Soul Eater yet the story is about something completely different as in there is nearly no soul eating.
Melody of Oblivion - What can't I say it's a poorly done anime.

2. Anime that could use another season

07 Ghost
Pumpkin Scissors
Highschool DxD
Highschool Of The Dead
Deadman Wonderland


I know for a fact H.O.T.D is gettting a second season (i saw the press conference). Idk about the guy up top, but I havent seen deadman
Wonderland. Is it anygood? theird doing a dub for it on Toonami


Deadman Wounderland is a great anime I highly recommend it.


Awsome, i was planning on watching it because its from the guys who made samurai champloo but i wasnt to sure
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / irst
Offline
Posted 5/26/12 , edited 5/26/12
Ghost Slayers Ayashi

I've NEVER heard anyone talk about it, I just sort of stumbled onto it on Hulu. It looks odd, but it has a really nice depth to it. Think Mushishi meets Peacemaker Kurogane, with 2 regular crossdressers. The main character is an "old" guy instead of a kid, and the character designs look slightly like old-school shoujo. It has rather unusual subject matter, and doesn't really pander to the usual gimmicks, which is why it probably didn't catch on. (It's probably marketed as a shounen, but it seems like something that would be more interesting to girls and/or older viewers.)
Posted 5/26/12
Rosario Vampire, im sure the makers have learned their lesson and will follow the manga's story since the manga is a Action/Romance but the anime is a Harem/Ecchi/comedy with barely any action or blood.
Posted 5/26/12

kaptainkooleio wrote:


bloodwolfbain wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:


bloodwolfbain wrote:

Anime that need a second chance. I view this as two separate points

1. Anime that need a complete redo.
Soul Eater - The Title says Soul Eater yet the story is about something completely different as in there is nearly no soul eating.
Melody of Oblivion - What can't I say it's a poorly done anime.

2. Anime that could use another season

07 Ghost
Pumpkin Scissors
Highschool DxD
Highschool Of The Dead
Deadman Wonderland


I know for a fact H.O.T.D is gettting a second season (i saw the press conference). Idk about the guy up top, but I havent seen deadman
Wonderland. Is it anygood? theird doing a dub for it on Toonami


Deadman Wounderland is a great anime I highly recommend it.


Awsome, i was planning on watching it because its from the guys who made samurai champloo but i wasnt to sure
i saw the video too but the prob is some poeple are saying that they WERE PLANNING on making it but then ran into trouble:(

Posted 5/26/12

MAR-KLAC_VELOUS wrote:


Nioos wrote:

I'm going to get bashed on this for sure, but oh well.

Gundam SEED and Destiny desperately needs a reset, especially Destiny with a different director and better planning. Recycled fight scenes (over 9000), inconsistent animations with characters, redundant character designs (the only differences were the hair and eye color), and a storyboard that was subjected to adjustments that resulted in poor planning.

As much as I don't like those two series, they did accomplish their objective though: bringing in a younger demography and re-popularized the franchise.


what oh come give reall FAILED we're 00-ver-rated gundam & PG-age gundam give how there doing really PG-age is too jump the sharks a lot yea better have GS era come back & SAVE_US.


I just want to recommend you to read over what you wrote so you won't be ridiculed by future readers.

You're entitled to your own opinion, so I'm not going to argue with you any further, but if you're going to make a legitimate argument, make sure it's somewhat reasonable.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/26/12 , edited 5/26/12
Lots of anime deserve a second chance. Picking a few out of the bunch (and namely the more popular ones) doesn't really do anything.
toxxin 
43361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 5/26/12

kaptainkooleio wrote:


toxxin wrote:

The World God Only Knows sold bad in Japan so it most likely wont get a second season which is killing me because at the end of the first one they gave previews of characters that would be in the next season.


you do know that the second season has been out for quite some time, but it probably wont get the third season it promised. idk about anyone else, but I kinda liked the series for its parodical humor


I counted episodes 13-24 as season 1 (my fault for not clarifying)
Posted 5/26/12
Fruits Basket! The anime was barely 1/3 of the manga
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 5/26/12 , edited 5/26/12
Yeah I really hope through some sheer chance of unlikely events that The World God Only Knows gets that third season

Kamisama Dolls season 2 would also be nice (though I guess it wasn't that popular since I haven't heard anything about a second season yet, that preview at the end of the last episode doesn't mean anything without confirmation)

Dragon Crisis! season 2 would be great as well though that might only be me wanting that lol

I'm still happy that Seitokai no Ichizon (Student Council's Discretion) is getting that second season sometime this year or next
emechu 
7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/26/12
Skip Beat and Kuragehime!
983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Bellforest
Offline
Posted 5/26/12
Rave Master! It would be a lot more successful if they tried it again now, since 1) Mashima has the popularity of Fairy Tail to back it up, 2) Animation has evolved to give the show great visuals, and 3) Thanks to Mashima's success for the past few years he could definitely afford the money to show the ENTIRE story, not just stop at a cliffhanger when things were going to get interesting.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.