First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Queue Feedback
36099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/29/12
I was just writing this to say that I really like the changes that have been made to the queue. Especially now that it has the "next" episode as "coming soon" for titles that are still ongoing.

That change on it's own would have made this brilliant, but with all the other additions it looks like it's a fully integrated part of the site rather than a strange addon that was created to just add some quick functionality.

So basically this was just a quick positive feedback post to state that I like the change :)

Thanks so much
Pluckerpluck
One Punch Mod
85881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/30/12
While I like the functionality of the new queue (being able to go to the next episode with one click is something I've been wanting for a while), a long list of "Coming Soon" images is not very visually appealing. Since I tend to have only one or two completed series in my queue and all the rest are simulcasts that I watch pretty close to when they are available, that's what I'm experiencing and I'd rather see something more attractive. Perhaps the main image from the series, and the "coming soon" alongside or above or below it? (I guess it could also be left out since that info is already implied in the text along the side, but it would be nice to have the "coming soon" reminder quite noticeable--just not in quite the way it is now.
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/12
What happened to the Queue???

You used to be able to easily drag and drop to rearrange your shows for the order you wanted to watch them in a given week. Now, rearranging the queue is a total nightmare. Somebody needs to consider how real people are actually using a feature before they remove functions.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/1/12 , edited 6/2/12
You can still drag and drop by clicking the far left side of each entry. I too didn't clearly see this functionality at first in the new design and there's going to be a change soon that attempts to make this function more intuitive.

Edit: wrote "right" meant to say "left".
32842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crunchyroll
Offline
Posted 6/1/12 , edited 6/1/12
your name messes me up. I notice CR updating constantly, some good for me some bad, but overall for the greater good. "the greater good" I noticed your avatar, that was a fun tutorial :P
48244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/2/12
I like the improved queue. I like that you can queue things from the show list page, and view the list of unseen episodes (up to a point).

It isn't obvious when a series has more than one episode piled up, but I should probably drop the series if I can't be bothered to watch every episode.

Mentally skipping the 'coming soon's will still be a bit of effort (Hulu doesn't show it). Perhaps if their background was grayed out a bit?
Or:
$('li img[src="http://static.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/coming_soon_beta_wide.jpg"]').closest('li').hide();

It is a vast improvement and is actually useable.
82613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/12
One thing that's now blatantly obvious with the new queue is that the system has a hard time detecting that you've watched something already that's really short. For example, for Fate/Zero and Fairy Tail, it's showing my next in queue is the PV from before it started. Watching the PV doesn't make it go away. Poyopoyo (which is 3 minutes long) always shows that I've only watched 2 minutes of it, no matter if I finished or not, so it always wants to "resume" me at the 2 minute mark of the previous episode instead of going to the next one.

Otherwise the new queue setup is fabulous. Been waiting for this for a long time. I actually like the "coming soon" on the ones that aren't available yet. Makes them visually easy to skip over.
The Wise Wizard
100931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/3/12

justdave wrote:

One thing that's now blatantly obvious with the new queue is that the system has a hard time detecting that you've watched something already that's really short. For example, for Fate/Zero and Fairy Tail, it's showing my next in queue is the PV from before it started. Watching the PV doesn't make it go away. Poyopoyo (which is 3 minutes long) always shows that I've only watched 2 minutes of it, no matter if I finished or not, so it always wants to "resume" me at the 2 minute mark of the previous episode instead of going to the next one.

I have always had the problem with the queue not showing short shows such as Poyopoyo (and Morita-san before it) as incomplete. The problem you describe with Fate/Zero is not something I have experienced. I watched the first half of Fate/Zero in the winter, after it was complete, and have been waiting until near the end of the second half to start watching again. My queue still correctly shows episode 13 as my last episode viewed.

82613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/12 , edited 6/3/12

TheAncientOne wrote:
The problem you describe with Fate/Zero is not something I have experienced. I watched the first half of Fate/Zero in the winter, after it was complete, and have been waiting until near the end of the second half to start watching again. My queue still correctly shows episode 13 as my last episode viewed.


Right, because you haven't watched episode 14 yet. I've been keeping up with it as it airs, so I've already watched the most-recent episode. Since the most-recent episode has been watched, it's trying to show me older "episodes" that I hadn't watched yet (i.e. the PV from before it started). Which I have watched, but it's short, so it won't detect it as being watched (the other problem mentioned above).
The Wise Wizard
100931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/3/12

justdave wrote:
Right, because you haven't watched episode 14 yet. I've been keeping up with it as it airs, so I've already watched the most-recent episode. Since the most-recent episode has been watched, it's trying to show me older "episodes" that I hadn't watched yet (i.e. the PV from before it started). Which I have watched, but it's short, so it won't detect it as being watched (the other problem mentioned above).

I do get a similar effect on Bodacious Space Pirates, which I am current on, but which had a PV I had not viewed. Even if it didn't have the PV, I would probably still have the same issue, however, as it shows episodes 1-10 unviewed, which is not correct.

Nyarko-san, another series I am current with, displays correctly, but it has a shorter episode history. It also has a "coming soon" episode, as well, which would cause it display that as the next episode, even if earlier ones were marked as unviewed.

Poyopoyo and Recorder and Randsell appear to confirm my suspicion about series length, as both also show episodes 10 and earlier as unviewed. Of course, despite the lack of a "coming soon" episode, neither of those are going to show an earlier episode as next up, due to all of the episodes showing as being only partially played.

Frankly, it appears the problem with Fate/Zero could be resolved if it had a "coming soon" episode listed (as Bodacious Space Pirates does). The good news is that as soon as a new episode is posted, the queue should revert to showing it as "up next".
14172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 6/3/12
I mostly like it... except that I don't like that it shows the episode summary of the next episode. I'm fine with the episode number and title, but I'm a person who likes to go into a show knowing NOTHING about where it's headed, so I always just click the button to watch the next episode without looking at the summaries at all. I read so fast (thanks to many years of subtitles, haha) that I kind of can't help but start reading the summaries on the queue now, and it sort of bugs me.
82613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
Must be the right people are watching this thread. The PVs for Fairy Tail, Fate Zero, and Pirates disappeared out of my queue. Poyopoyo was still showing 2 minutes into the last episode though, but I just watched that last minute again and it correctly marked it as watched this time.
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/6/12
Watched the final episode of Tegami Bachi, and now that I go to the queue, I keep getting...


Sorry, an error occurred!
82613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/12

justdave wrote:Poyopoyo was still showing 2 minutes into the last episode though, but I just watched that last minute again and it correctly marked it as watched this time. :)


Didn't last. After watching this week's episode it's still showing I only watched 2 minutes of it when I actually watched the entire thing. So now I still have this week's episode in my queue even though I've already watched it.
20071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/12
I was just about to post the same thing, I really wish they would just fix this already!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.