First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Dumb arguments
63875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 6/3/12

Marilynnn wrote:
HAHA. Dude, exactly why this is a dumb argument. I'll never agree w/ you, & you never w/ me. So don't even bother bro. Oh, & i also don't appreciate you calling me stupid. Just because i have a different opinion than you doesn't mean i am, just that i looked at it a different way.
In order for there to be a difference of opinion, there first needs to be an opinion. Whether or not you can become addicted to a substance has nothing to do with opinions. It's simply a matter of scientific fact. In this case, the fact of the matter is, you can not become physically addicted to marijuana. Plain and simple. And I did not, nor would I, call you stupid. I simply asked based on your logic, who the stupid one was. A question I would still like an answer to.

Posted 6/3/12

DAlainm wrote:

One of my favourite quotes: "Arguing with a fool proves there are two".


haha i like that quote too
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 6/3/12

swordstyle wrote:


Marilynnn wrote:
HAHA. Dude, exactly why this is a dumb argument. I'll never agree w/ you, & you never w/ me. So don't even bother bro. Oh, & i also don't appreciate you calling me stupid. Just because i have a different opinion than you doesn't mean i am, just that i looked at it a different way.
In order for there to be a difference of opinion, there first needs to be an opinion. Whether or not you can become addicted to a substance has nothing to do with opinions. It's simply a matter of scientific fact. In this case, the fact of the matter is, you can not become physically addicted to marijuana. Plain and simple. And I did not, nor would I, call you stupid. I simply asked based on your logic, who the stupid one was. A question I would still like an answer to.



You both are
63875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 6/3/12



Have you ever heard of neurotransmitter chemicals? Those are the chemicals in your brain which allow for the transmission of signals between neurons. Most "recreational" drugs, including marijuana, function by altering these chemical balances. It may not be AS chemically addictive as some drugs, but it most certainly can be. Anything that the body adapts to chemically can be addictive.

Oh, Cocaine comes from a plant.

Opium is extremely addictive and it comes from a plant (poppies).

Heroine and morphine are derivatives of opium which come from a plant.

TOBACCO is a plant and is highly addictive.

In fact, there are only two drugs I know of off of the top of my head which are completely man-made -- ecstasy and crystal methamphetamine.

So YES, substances which come from plants CAN be addictive. And these addictions are more than just habit, or as you wrongfully described "mentally addictive." Biting your fingernails is a habit, or as you put it a "mental addiction" but these addictions are actually caused by chemical changes in the brain and body.

Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean that it is. Welcome to real life. Stay in school.
Yes, anything can be mentally addictive. I already said that. And any mental addiction can be halted with nothing more than the genuine desire to stop. If that's all it takes, can you really call it an addiction? I think not. It's nothing more than bad habit

And look at the rest of your post. Cocaine comes from a plant. Opium comes from a plant. Heroine and morphine come from something which comes from a plant. You seeing a pattern here? I never said things derived from plants couldn't be addictive, because that would ignorant. Much like assuming I did say that is in fact, ignorant.

Yes, those things come from plants. Marijuana does not come from plants. It is a plant. You pick off a bud, dry it, and smoke it. Sure, there are some people which add chemicals to their product, but most don't. Besides, that's an other discussion entirely. And no, tobacco is not addictive. It's the literally thousands of chemicals that are added to it which intentionally make it addictive.

I get it, I don't blame you. You wanted to come in here and white knight for this poor girl and look intelligent in the process. But you failed. Next time you attempt such a thing, only do so if you can at least make it seem like you know what you're talking about. Just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean it is. Welcome to real life. Stay in school, please.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 6/3/12
/grabs popcorn
Posted 6/3/12
lol oh boy I love cr
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
13649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
That one scene in Donnie Darko where they're talking about smurfs banging each other. That was pretty random xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTWjPHfXnUE

2517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Stockton, CA
Offline
Posted 6/4/12 , edited 6/4/12
*hehe*

you guys should talk to my family, U'll be so worn out -.-
Posted 6/4/12
Welcome to XBOX LIVE!

Little kid: "Omg you fucking bitch I'll kill you and your whole family"

Me: "Kid shut up! Your parents bought you and Xbox so they can fuck in the other room and have an excuse to neglect your annoying ass."

Oh yeah, don't mess with gamer chicks
15043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
ive seen so many stupid arguments...kinda makes u wanna back slap the person
26322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/12 , edited 6/4/12

Rina-San wrote:

Welcome to XBOX LIVE!

Little kid: "Omg you fucking bitch I'll kill you and your whole family"

Me: "Kid shut up! Your parents bought you and Xbox so they can fuck in the other room and have an excuse to neglect your annoying ass."

Oh yeah, don't mess with gamer chicks


Ha ha ha! Xbox Live is the worst for this. There are too many kids like the one you told off. Little bastards have unbelievable mouths.

I really think my IQ has dropped some points on a number of occasions just hearing those idiots on Live, whether it was Gears, COD, Halo, or whatever. I prefer to just let the leaderboard do the talking, but some people... Oh my gosh. You can't mute them or at least tell them to royally bone themselves fast enough. This coming from a dude that believes in being as nice to people as possible and living by the golden rule. But internet anonymity makes reasoning with some people impossible for someone with a temper like mine.

I mean, I'm not proud of some of things I've said on Live. But people just need to shut up.
Posted 6/4/12

i_love_u_jesus wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

Welcome to XBOX LIVE!

Little kid: "Omg you fucking bitch I'll kill you and your whole family"

Me: "Kid shut up! Your parents bought you and Xbox so they can fuck in the other room and have an excuse to neglect your annoying ass."

Oh yeah, don't mess with gamer chicks


Ha ha ha! Xbox Live is the worst for this. There are too many kids like the one you told off. Little bastards have unbelievable mouths.

I really think my IQ has dropped some points on a number of occasions just hearing those idiots on Live, whether it was Gears, COD, Halo, or whatever. I prefer to just let the leaderboard do the talking, but some people... Oh my gosh. You can't mute them or at least tell them to royally bone themselves fast enough. This coming from a dude that believes in being as nice to people as possible and living by the golden rule. But internet anonymity makes reasoning with some people impossible for someone with a temper like mine.

I mean, I'm not proud of some of things I've said on Live. But people just need to shut up.


LOL I just stay quiet for a while and when the best comebacks you'll ever hear come to my head I say them I also have my Brother's voice recorder play-back on my mic so I can switch on any phrase I want like "I will slap your face so super hard" from South Park. The way some men treat girls on games is SICK and I am the revenge bringer
69627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / ᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡɪɴᴅ
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
If I wanna see a dumb argument, apparently I can just look here and find one. How convenient.
322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 6/4/12
Had way too many, one memorable one is arguing over who said what... >.>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.