First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Dumb arguments
1918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 6/10/12


^this

I do love to argue though. it's fun. but i guess I'd call it debating more than anything else. I don't usually argue angry. I try to keep it civil so i can let my opinion be known. also it's most fun arguing with someone a bit smarter than you. it's a good mental challenge.
Posted 6/10/12

DAlainm wrote:

One of my favourite quotes: "Arguing with a fool proves there are two".


So if one is rational and gets his point across with facts and statistics while the other one is irrational does that mean they are both dumb? Might want to rethink your quote.

39531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / My house, probabl...
Offline
Posted 6/10/12

PumeHana92 wrote:


DAlainm wrote:

One of my favourite quotes: "Arguing with a fool proves there are two".


So if one is rational and gets his point across with facts and statistics while the other one is irrational does that mean they are both dumb? Might want to rethink your quote.



Don't say that. If you have ever been in a argument with a fool, then you won't notice yourself. But you will eventually not make much sence either, even if you start out with facts and statistics it will eventually go over to not making sense and just saying things to get your point out. And i say this because other people point it out after discussions.
17167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 6/10/12
One of my classmates:
"Smoking has never hurted, ANYBODY!"

I lol'd..
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 6/10/12
Dumb methods used to prevent pregnancy:

- The "pull out" method

- Just "the tip"

- Using a douche
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 6/10/12 , edited 6/10/12

FlyinDumpling wrote:
share the ones you have encountered


The "God is in the gaps" argument from religious people. It's self defeating to try and claim that every mystery is the work of god. With every year that goes by scientists and researchers reveal the mechanisms behind the mysteries that were attributed to god's will alone the year before. And no matter which mystery you point to, the same thing is going to happen to it eventually, which results in the ever shrinking reach of a celestial being whose reach is supposed to be infinite.

If I was them, I'd stop doing that and just simply interpret the definition of an omnipotent, ever present, all knowing creator as having enough smarts to have intentionally created the MUNDANE!!!! Why is it only the exciting and fun mysteries that make people think of their god? If he did everything, then shouldn't they calm down about trying to disprove, or deny scientific conclusions? By their own scripture, no matter how much we learn -- all we're really learning about is what that deity created. I mean really, give something which you credit with that much creativity and power full credit for absolutely everything and then we can all coexist in peace and harmony with a true sense of mutual respect.

In all fairness religious people should worship what science discovers, because whatever is discovered reveals the infinite beauty and complexity of an ever expanding universe whose proportions are already so vast it boggles the minds of even the greatest thinkers in history. From a scientific perspective, I find the universe to be totally awesome! If it's the work of random factors, or a work of inspiration, it's still just as ridiculously awesome. I just wish they'd start to see it the same way instead of spewing hate, anger and death threats at people whose only crime is curiosity.
62170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 6/10/12
One of my favorite is because a person isn't interested in the opposite sex, they're gay. Also, girly boys or boyish girls fall under the stereotype of being gay. That's not always the case.
24356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Zealand
Online
Posted 7/17/12
I've heard people arguing that only white people can be racists, no matter what country you're talking about.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/17/12
I've been in one too many.
Most of the time, when I know it's not going anywhere and the person is trying to be awesome by spouting fallaciously, I just become a snaky asshole and use their game against them. They get all huffy and call me all different types of names. In the end, I win. Not because the argument went anywhere but because it helps me sleep at night knowing that some poor idiot somewhere thought of me so much that they have to place it all over facebook or twitter.

Makes me feel famous.
35482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 7/17/12
My one friend tried to convince me that the Ukraine was still a part of Russia. Easily the stupidest argument I've ever had.

My other friend and I also constantly get into arguments over things like the environment, government, ect. They're always really dumb because we just end up shouting "Yes!" and "No!" back and forth at each other. But she's just such a Debbie-downer about everything, I can't help myself!
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 8/5/12
i have had countless arguments about how religion is ridiculous. religious people just don't get it though... those kind of arguments always end in a facepalm though...
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/5/12
Argument with my friend about where glue comes from. It went on for a whole week. -.-
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 8/5/12
What is richer: Wayne Enterprises or Stark Industries? lol
31341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/5/12

Marilynnn wrote:

"You can't get addicted to marijuana. It's a plant!"
Stupid potheads in my class, lol.


Well, I believe what they said is true. It's not the plant itself they get addicted to but the high the plant gives. And when that high isn't enough, they move onto harder stuff like crack, heroin, etc.
12619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/6/12

Watermelonheaven wrote:

Pretty much anything that involves people arguing objectively about subjective things. Or ones that are just outright irrational.

I remember arguing with some dude (who admits he doesn't cook or anything) and he insisted that knives get sharper the more they are used. The hell? No.


Should've told him to try cutting concrete and trees with his knives. They'll only get sharper!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.