The Aswang Wars (2012 Paranormal Trilogy)
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/3/12 , edited 3/4/13
So ive been seeing some ads around the net for this book series that will be released later in 2012. Its like about the Filipino legends of the Aswang, and has three books called Manduruko, Mantahungal, and Segbin. The main character is a Filipino called Jei Rivera, and also according to the website, this whole thing will be set in Philippines.

Apparently, though, the author isn't a Filipino, but an American who traveled to the Philippines with a friend once. Hmmm......w/e the authors nationality, I think the books look really interesting and....I won't lie, I'll probably read them myself. According to the author, they will be available in ebook and print later this year, like around october or november. Any thoughts? Here's the website link for more info:

http://www.aswangwars.com/

What do you guys think?


EDIT:
So this is the Facebook page for it.... http://www.facebook.com/TheAswangWars SOme cool information there. Seriously I'm interested in what everyone else thinks of this!

EDIT 2:
ERMAGERD GAIS LOOK A COVER!


EDIT 3:
Okay, I think the first book has been out for a while. I read it, and really liked it. Would love to know what everyone else thinks.
30118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Moon, Fresno, CA
Offline
Posted 6/8/12
Not Filipino, huh?
Hopefully it'll be an interesting read for people who are not just Filipino!
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/8/12 , edited 6/9/12
Hopefully! The plot itself seems promising, but I'll wait and read it to find out. >:]
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/23/12
i used to be scared of the aswang when i was little. one time, there was even gossips of attacks in our area and that kept me in the house after 6 for a few days. haha.

aswangs as they tell us are introverts. they don't interact much with their neighbors and they usually live in a town with others of their kind. you won't know they're one because they usually look like humans during daylight. if you visit a new town or city, don't eat food because that is said to bewitch the person and they end up the one being eaten afterwards.
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/24/12

andiwaslike wrote:

i used to be scared of the aswang when i was little. one time, there was even gossips of attacks in our area and that kept me in the house after 6 for a few days. haha.

aswangs as they tell us are introverts. they don't interact much with their neighbors and they usually live in a town with others of their kind. you won't know they're one because they usually look like humans during daylight. if you visit a new town or city, don't eat food because that is said to bewitch the person and they end up the one being eaten afterwards.


That's scary stuff! Good thing I live in the states lol I wonder how much the author will change the normal idea of Aswang in her books....I guess Aswang is a pretty broad term though so even if she changes a lot of things...i guess it could still be considered just a different version of aswang. Everyone tells me different things about them, there's so many different kinds....some things I've heard are seriously scary!!
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/25/12
The plot is really promising

Phlippine Ghost Stories are the best hahahahaha
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

doomsday200 wrote:

The plot is really promising

Phlippine Ghost Stories are the best hahahahaha


I don't know that many ghost stories. I know...Marikit and some White Lady lore but that's about it....
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

AngelicMayumi wrote:


doomsday200 wrote:

The plot is really promising

Phlippine Ghost Stories are the best hahahahaha


I don't know that many ghost stories. I know...Marikit and some White Lady lore but that's about it.... :(





White Ladies sure scared the hell out of me even though it is just an urban legend :sweatingbullets:
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/6/12

doomsday200 wrote:


AngelicMayumi wrote:


doomsday200 wrote:

The plot is really promising

Phlippine Ghost Stories are the best hahahahaha


I don't know that many ghost stories. I know...Marikit and some White Lady lore but that's about it.... :(





White Ladies sure scared the hell out of me even though it is just an urban legend :sweatingbullets:




My dad tells me white lady stories all the time, they creep me out even though I don't even live in the Philippines!
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/7/12
My dad also tells me stories about white ladies.... and some them are really messed up... hahahahaha
599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Phoenix Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/10/12

doomsday200 wrote:

My dad also tells me stories about white ladies.... and some them are really messed up... hahahahaha


Filipino mythology is seriously scary! I try to tell myself "they're just stories, just stories, just stories...." Tikbalang always seemed super scary to me more than anything else. Wonder why....
Sailor Candy Moderator
166716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/12/13
Closed due to inactivity.
You must be logged in to post.