First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Negative stereotype defeated by a video game
Posted 6/7/12
Don't see what exactly people are supposed to discuss here.

Thread seems to be personal which is against the rules if I remember correctly.

The skill you have, unlike the skills of George Lucas and Bill Gates, is relatively useless. I know I personally do not care about how high of a score other people can get in a video game. The skill you have does not help anyone but yourself either so as it was mentioned above do not compare yourself to people who have the same condition but who have done great things in real life.

I also do not ever think that a person with any sort of condition is inferior to anyone else. However, even if I did this certainly would not help to change my mind.

Also don't make a thread to feed your ego and tell people not to call you an arrogant jerk. Because you are in fact sounding quite arrogant to me at least. I would not say you seem like a jerk though.
Posted 6/7/12
To be honest this is a great personal accomplishment, but however after reading your story I feel that there is so much more that you can do other than establishing a best record in a video game. Judging from your story you do have the motivation and will power and if you apply them to a certain field, study or whatever then you can accomplish something that is bigger and it'll probably garner you positive recognition from other people.
Posted 6/7/12

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Don't see what exactly people are supposed to discuss here.

Thread seems to be personal which is against the rules if I remember correctly.

The skill you have, unlike the skills of George Lucas and Bill Gates, is relatively useless. I know I personally do not care about how high of a score other people can get in a video game. The skill you have does not help anyone but yourself either so as it was mentioned above do not compare yourself to people who have the same condition but who have done great things in real life.

I also do not ever think that a person with any sort of condition is inferior to anyone else. However, even if I did this certainly would not help to change my mind.

Also don't make a thread to feed your ego and tell people not to call you an arrogant jerk. Because you are in fact sounding quite arrogant to me at least. I would not say you seem like a jerk though.


I had this approved by a mod, I was not trying to be arrogant, I was trying to make people that have Asperger's Syndrome that are being bullied feel better about themselves besides, I still hate some parts of myself. I'm not egotistic as I still feel "below" others in some regards, merely tried to make people feel better. I do have a book that I'm working on that brings many stereotypes into question as my way to try to improve society.
Posted 6/7/12

SonicGenesisKing wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Don't see what exactly people are supposed to discuss here.

Thread seems to be personal which is against the rules if I remember correctly.

The skill you have, unlike the skills of George Lucas and Bill Gates, is relatively useless. I know I personally do not care about how high of a score other people can get in a video game. The skill you have does not help anyone but yourself either so as it was mentioned above do not compare yourself to people who have the same condition but who have done great things in real life.

I also do not ever think that a person with any sort of condition is inferior to anyone else. However, even if I did this certainly would not help to change my mind.

Also don't make a thread to feed your ego and tell people not to call you an arrogant jerk. Because you are in fact sounding quite arrogant to me at least. I would not say you seem like a jerk though.


I had this approved by a mod, I was not trying to be arrogant, I was trying to make people that have Asperger's Syndrome that are being bullied feel better about themselves besides, I still hate some parts of myself. I'm not egotistic as I still feel "below" others in some regards, merely tried to make people feel better. I do have a book that I'm working on that brings many stereotypes into question as my way to try to improve society.


That's fine. I don't really report people anyway. I typically just point things like that out so that if needed it can be edited to stay up and not get deleted. I can understand your intentions behind the thread, and it may just be me as I am in kind of a bad mood and haven't slept yet, but the way you have put it doesn't really...come across very well I guess I should say. Intended or not it does still come across as arrogant in my opinion. Sorry if I was a bit too harsh in the way I said it though. It is a good thing to try and get people with Aspergers syndrome or any other condition to realize that they can excel in things as well I would just hope they aim for talents that reach out farther than video games.
Posted 6/7/12

KiteCross wrote:

To be honest this is a great personal accomplishment, but however after reading your story I feel that there is so much more that you can do other than establishing a best record in a video game. Judging from your story you do have the motivation and will power and if you apply them to a certain field, study or whatever then you can accomplish something that is bigger and it'll probably garner you positive recognition from other people.



Finally someone noticed it was self-hatred and love for people who I were mocked that made me want to help them through Sonic. Besides, if I wanted fame, it was for the sake of making people happy and helping them, not pushing them away, the desire to gain positive recognition has started already; I am making a book where an alternate me has such bad self esteem, he literally beats himself up over major mistakes which reflects a tormenting conflict of being individual meaning no one liked me. As in, because I did not like the popular stuff that most men did, I was rejected thus making me thing being individual was a crime, my book counterpart beats himself up for not living up to some expectations of others.


Please people, I was not being a Narcissist, just thought this would be a kindness for people who also had problems like this, I had other problems that made me feel incomplete that still cause me fear to dislike myself this day, just left them out to prevent dragging the point out.
Posted 6/7/12

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


SonicGenesisKing wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Don't see what exactly people are supposed to discuss here.

Thread seems to be personal which is against the rules if I remember correctly.

The skill you have, unlike the skills of George Lucas and Bill Gates, is relatively useless. I know I personally do not care about how high of a score other people can get in a video game. The skill you have does not help anyone but yourself either so as it was mentioned above do not compare yourself to people who have the same condition but who have done great things in real life.

I also do not ever think that a person with any sort of condition is inferior to anyone else. However, even if I did this certainly would not help to change my mind.

Also don't make a thread to feed your ego and tell people not to call you an arrogant jerk. Because you are in fact sounding quite arrogant to me at least. I would not say you seem like a jerk though.


I had this approved by a mod, I was not trying to be arrogant, I was trying to make people that have Asperger's Syndrome that are being bullied feel better about themselves besides, I still hate some parts of myself. I'm not egotistic as I still feel "below" others in some regards, merely tried to make people feel better. I do have a book that I'm working on that brings many stereotypes into question as my way to try to improve society.


That's fine. I don't really report people anyway. I typically just point things like that out so that if needed it can be edited to stay up and not get deleted. I can understand your intentions behind the thread, and it may just be me as I am in kind of a bad mood and haven't slept yet, but the way you have put it doesn't really...come across very well I guess I should say. Intended or not it does still come across as arrogant in my opinion. Sorry if I was a bit too harsh in the way I said it though. It is a good thing to try and get people with Aspergers syndrome or any other condition to realize that they can excel in things as well I would just hope they aim for talents that reach out farther than video games.


Thank you, editing now.
Posted 6/7/12
Honestly, I don't see how this accomplishes anything, regardless of what kind of problems you have. You'll have to set a higher goal than that. This will end up being trivial.
837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Portland
Offline
Posted 6/7/12
that's really great, i'm happy you were able to do something that makes you so proud. i think maybe some people are taking this the wrong way, it's not like you're saying that this is your life's greatest triumph, you're just happy with what you did and you feel like you've bested some negative energy in your life by proving that your disability doesn't hold you back from accomplishing things. that's cool, good job man :)
Posted 6/7/12

lippedlove wrote:

that's really great, i'm happy you were able to do something that makes you so proud. i think maybe some people are taking this the wrong way, it's not like you're saying that this is your life's greatest triumph, you're just happy with what you did and you feel like you've bested some negative energy in your life by proving that your disability doesn't hold you back from accomplishing things. that's cool, good job man :)


Indeed, Asperger's made me not quite perfect in regards I would have wanted, but made me better in others, besides games are just the beginning, classes for theater acting, writing books about recurring problems of the real world and more!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.