First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Any Kids on the Slope fans?
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
I'm trying to find other anime that are oriented around Jazz, or Music in general.
Please don't say K-On!
82104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
Nodame Cantabile (classical) and Beck (rock) are along similar lines, in that they take a fairly realistic approach to both life and music-making.
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/13/12

ChrisDAVEY wrote:

Nodame Cantabile (classical) and Beck (rock) are along similar lines, in that they take a fairly realistic approach to both life and music-making.


Which would you recc. First?
215397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
NANA
70587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States, MS
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
I'd say go with Beck first. It's more like Kids on the Slope then Nodame. I loved Nodame Cantabile too though. It's hard to describe what kind of style it has going on. It's not typical anime. I'd say it's definitely aimed at people who enjoy orchestra and maybe an older audience.

It's gunna be hard to beat Kids on the Slope though, I'm loving it. =P
66416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / My own World
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
There's also "Kaikan Phrase" but I personally didn't care for the music it was more along the line of Pop Music. I would, however, highly recommend "Beck-Mongolian Chop Squad" and "Nana". Beck focuses more on the music than Nana. Nana is more drama. I think Nana is more geared toward a female audience and Beck is geared toward either. But both have great characters and story line. And I must admit I have a lot of the songs from both animes on my ipod because the music was great!

Hope this helps.
82104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53
Offline
Posted 6/13/12

o3oBuddha wrote:


ChrisDAVEY wrote:

Nodame Cantabile (classical) and Beck (rock) are along similar lines, in that they take a fairly realistic approach to both life and music-making.


Which would you recc. First?


Depends what kind of story you like, Beck is grittier, Nodame Cantabile tends to be more comical with some romance. Which is not to say that Beck can't be funny and Nodame serious. Another way of looking at it is that, the Beck manga was aimed at a male audience and Nodame at a female one. Or you could just go with which kind of music you prefer.
215397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/13/12

lisawyatt wrote:

I would, however, highly recommend "Beck-Mongolian Chop Squad" and "Nana". Beck focuses more on the music than Nana. Nana is more drama. I think Nana is more geared toward a female audience and Beck is geared toward either. But both have great characters and story line. And I must admit I have a lot of the songs from both animes on my ipod because the music was great!

Hope this helps.


Yup, NANA is definitely one of the best series with great character casts. Now that this thread mentioned it, I might check out Beck in the future.
80968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Monterey Park, CA
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
I'm liking Kids on the Slope so far. I just don't like it when animes get too drama-oriented though, but that's just my personal opinion.

I did enjoy Beck, but it is a bit different from Kids on the Slope. I would say the only similarities are that they revolve around music and that they're both fairly slow-paced.
25304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/13/12 , edited 6/13/12

o3oBuddha wrote:

I'm trying to find other anime that are oriented around Jazz, or Music in general.
Please don't say K-On!


Big fan of the show. I really recommend NANA. It is an excellent show and one of the best in my opinion, NANA is very music driven and I think you will love it.
25304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/13/12


Yessss.
2059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bebop
Offline
Posted 6/13/12
I was enjoying it when its focus was the music, but it moved into relationships far to quickly for me to care.
And even though its not completely related to music, there are a few animes that have amazing soundtracks relating to jazz such as Cowboy Bebop or Baccano! two of my fav anime's
76474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 6/13/12 , edited 6/15/12
Like everyone
Beck is more Rock and Rap. Story about the struggle of a small rock band , some relationship and twist about a guitar. Music by Typhoon 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzrXGzrzu8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHv9lH1RRA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Yu5uB1TCk

Nana is more rockish. Story more about relationship, loss of innosense and friendship.Most of the music is by Black Stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtLk2GwLLs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjorBg_B7U

Nodame is more classical .About classical music students and a weird symbiotic comedic relationship between kohai and sempai turned romantic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjAryDKen1c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulx6mevkMys&feature=related

Kaikan Phraise was made in the late 1999 and music is more Jrock almost visual keish band Lucifer . Music by Glay,EMU,Feel and the band Lucifer that was created to promote the anime. Story is the making, the rise and almost fall of a pop band and the pressure of commercialism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWKc6QVzhk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyNNZo3-Fc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFv7sbtLdA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rrUb9-kANs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmW1YhZMv4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc0X5Rjw4U4&feature=related

Macross Frontier , music produced by Yokko Kanno . Mainly 2 female singing characters with outer space, mecha genre and relationhips , love , and sacrifice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KPOZt9d_0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaceSnvRonY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qHuVnuwXMc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=val8Vfw2Fp8&feature=related

I actually surprised myself for finding all these footages

That all I can think for now
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/13/12

xyukihirokunx wrote:

I'm liking Kids on the Slope so far. I just don't like it when animes get too drama-oriented though, but that's just my personal opinion.

I did enjoy Beck, but it is a bit different from Kids on the Slope. I would say the only similarities are that they revolve around music and that they're both fairly slow-paced.


I completely agree, it does get a tad, I wouldn't say annoying, it just throws me off when it gets a tad dramatic, but it did bring me much closer personally and emotionally.




Neo_Akatsuki wrote:

I was enjoying it when its focus was the music, but it moved into relationships far to quickly for me to care.
And even though its not completely related to music, there are a few animes that have amazing soundtracks relating to jazz such as Cowboy Bebop or Baccano! two of my fav anime's

Ahh~ Baccano is amazing, Cowboy bebop OST was a must have they both are in my top 10 also!




iashakezula wrote:

Like everyone
Beck is more Rock and Rap. Story about the struggle of a small rock band , some relationship and twist about a guitar. Music by Typhoon 24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Yu5uB1TCk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzrXGzrzu8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHv9lH1RRA&feature=related

Nana is more rockish. Story more about relationship, loss of innosense and friendship.Most of the music is by Black Stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtLk2GwLLs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjorBg_B7U

Nodame is more classical .About classical music students and a weird comedic relationship between kohai and sempai turned romantic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjAryDKen1c&feature=related

Kaikan Phraise was made in the late 90's and music is more pop almost visual keish. Music by Clay . Story is the rise and almost fall of a pop band and the pressure of commercialism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFv7sbtLdA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmW1YhZMv4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc0X5Rjw4U4&feature=related

Macross Frontier , music produced by Yokko Kanno . Mainly 2 female singing characters with outer space, mecha genre and relationhips and sacrifice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KPOZt9d_0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaceSnvRonY

I actually surprised myself for finding all these footages

That all I can think for now


Oh my goodness~ Thankyou so much for this, I couldn't express my gratitude anymore.
76474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 6/14/12 , edited 6/15/12
Your welcome, I surprised myself too ha ha ha. I just got into it.

I like good anime with good music , there are other anime with "music" in it but its not up to my standard of music and the stories are shallow with soso characters
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.