First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Are you sick and tried of all the romance and girly type anime?
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
I hate seeing anime where it features a couple where the male character is a grown man like in his mid 30's and the female is a girl who looks like she is still in 10th grade.

what pedophile.

And I'll give this post a +1 meaning I agree.
48744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
I would actually like to see more "supernatural" and mystery types of anime like Ghost Hunt or gosick. I agree romance or harem types of anime are severely overdone but I don't particularly have any issue with them, I just stay away from them.
15402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cananananada
Offline
Posted 6/14/12

MokaForTheWin wrote:

to be honest i love romance school life animes, i actually want this site to have more ecchi than action

i enjoy those shows to except for the damn anime cliches like the girl that was physically frail or the guy that can't remember its like seriously manga writers lrn 2 creativity
40626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/12
I like a little of this and a little of that. And the stuff I don't like I simply don't watch. Everyone has a right to enjoy whatever shows their into. And if you don't see enough of what you like then don't worry. there's bound to be some that will come in the future. I found this out for myself. As I'm into mecha anime. But like I said, I like more than one type of anime so that helps.
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 6/14/12 , edited 6/15/12
Not at all. I also prefer action anime like the ones you listed, but
honestly I want to see more good slice of life anime in the near future.
Shows like chihayafuru, bunny drop and kimi ni todoke brightened up my day
61493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/14/12

nano815 wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


nano815 wrote:

I like the romance genre, though there a bit cliche, i don't mind, there always relatable since everyone goes through a crazy romance in their life.


If they're lucky! But even if they don't go through a crazy romance sometime in their life, they do in their imagination and wish it had been real!


Well when you put it like that, that's kinda sad. But then again, it does't take luck to find romance, you just gotta take chances. :)


And even if it doesn't turn out to be an epic romance, it will still probably be fun! ;)

14128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 6/15/12
No idea what you are talking about there are plenty of those type of shows like Another, Fate/zero, Future diary. You named stuff over like 10 years or something all the ones I name are like within a year of each other. Some of those shows you name are available at other legal places like hulu or funi. Although I would too say that moe is a little heavy these days, but there are a lot shitty actions shows too. Those "I want to become stronger" actions shows are just as bad as moeshit in my opinion.

I think there should be more shows that have neither violence or moe stuff it in, like Space brothers, Usagi drop, Chihaya or even polar bear cafe .
20119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CO
Offline
Posted 6/15/12
Gantz! Seriously, Gantz!!!!
Fine, maybe this site could do for some more "manly" anime. But...
What is "manly anime"? I mean you have Bleach.. sure.. DBZ.. and then it gets twisted with One Piece.
Let's go watch Baccano! together. JC if this site EVER presented Gantz..
Go watch Giant Killing, it may not curb your blood lust, but it's sure to get it pumping.

Sorry, I really hate Gantz.
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/15/12

iLoveBoobies wrote:

I hate seeing anime where it features a couple where the male character is a grown man like in his mid 30's and the female is a girl who looks like she is still in 10th grade.

what pedophile.

Did you actually mean "looks like she is 10 years old"? The reason I ask is someone in the 10th grade would typically be 16 years old (which coincidentally is the age of consent in most states).

15160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Laredo, Texas
Offline
Posted 6/15/12

Zensunni wrote:


nano815 wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


nano815 wrote:

I like the romance genre, though there a bit cliche, i don't mind, there always relatable since everyone goes through a crazy romance in their life.


If they're lucky! But even if they don't go through a crazy romance sometime in their life, they do in their imagination and wish it had been real!


Well when you put it like that, that's kinda sad. But then again, it does't take luck to find romance, you just gotta take chances. :)


And even if it doesn't turn out to be an epic romance, it will still probably be fun! ;)


Ha ! True that.
Posted 6/15/12
I may be a dude but I prefer romance more than most of the exaggerated action shows anyway, and since I have not many anime, I still prefer romance over blood (which bores me) anyday.
486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 6/15/12
I really dont care, because i Love anything by Key, but i also love lots of action animes too.
Crap, I don't know
29450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 6/15/12
I'd say the action/slice-of-life/romance is pretty balanced on Crunchyroll. Slice-of-life typically runs shorter, around 12-24 episodes, so it would be understandable to have more actually different shows, than action such as Bleach, Naruto, or DBZ, which have episode numbers in the hundreds.

As to the "cliche" romance fashions, I can point out incredibly "cliche" instances in action/superhero anime:

Dude is normal boy,
Normal boy meets mysterious person,
mysterious person gets him involved in trouble, yet good guy,
normal boy has powers - a lot of power,
filler,
normal boy is not normal anymore,
not-so-normal boy loses a couple of fights,
filler,
repeats "I will get stronger" every twenty or so seconds,
training montage,
filler,
goes to defeat final boss - starts to lose,
final boss stands still as not-so-normal boy gets a ton of power,
final boss repeats "it can't be!" more than the amount of stars in the galaxy,
all is well,
(optional filler).
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/15/12 , edited 6/15/12


I apologize, yes 10 years old.



lord0bacon wrote:

I'd say the action/slice-of-life/romance is pretty balanced on Crunchyroll. Slice-of-life typically runs shorter, around 12-24 episodes, so it would be understandable to have more actually different shows, than action such as Bleach, Naruto, or DBZ, which have episode numbers in the hundreds.

As to the "cliche" romance fashions, I can point out incredibly "cliche" instances in action/superhero anime:

Dude is normal boy,
Normal boy meets mysterious person,
mysterious person gets him involved in trouble, yet good guy,
normal boy has powers - a lot of power,
filler,
normal boy is not normal anymore,
not-so-normal boy loses a couple of fights,
filler,
repeats "I will get stronger" every twenty or so seconds,
training montage,
filler,
goes to defeat final boss - starts to lose,
final boss stands still as not-so-normal boy gets a ton of power,
final boss repeats "it can't be!" more than the amount of stars in the galaxy,
all is well,
(optional filler).


I will say YES to all those cliche. Pretty good summary. Hahaha
14458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Jacksonville, Texas
Offline
Posted 6/15/12
I find it weird that you mention "big booby ninja queen not wearing anything but a metal thong" in your complaint about romance and girly anime. If anything, that appeals to a certain section of the male population. To me personally, the less shows like DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc., the better.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.