First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Weird Things That Make You Cry
22323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I wish I was in J...
Offline
Posted 7/18/12 , edited 7/18/12
Hmm, I cry when there are stories that have robots that are becoming human-like or demonstrating human traits and they have to sacrifice themselves. It never fails to make me cry.


Also for some reason, when I read about the past successes about stars who had a lot of success at a really young age, it makes me cry. For example, hearing about the J-pop group ZONE, and how they sold 800,000 records, had a number one hit, performed at the Nippon Budokan, etc etc etc....ALL BEFORE GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL! I dunno why but like I get emotional thinking about how amazing their success is.
Posted 7/18/12
I cry when I feel like I'm falling.
You know those times in our sleep that we feel like we're falling down?

I wake up crying during those times
and my friends tells me it's "cute" to be like that <.<;
275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
ONIONS X) TEHEHEHEHEHE
i'm not the emotional type of person, i don't know if it's a good or bad thing to have but i've been like this pretty much my whole life
18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
I tear when I watch emotional things. Such as those PETA emotional videos or some sad anime.

The last time I had a good cry was when I was 8.
14951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
Recently I keep I tearing up over emotional scenes in animes. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. When the hero saves the day by unleashing some spectacular power, I tear up. I tear up at epic scenes. I'm sickening like that.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
I saw a student who dropped my class last year in the supermarket checkout line as I was walking in, she locked eyes with me and for a split second her face was filled with so much fear and grief, it made me sad. I know organic chemistry is hard, it just pains me so much that people have to associate the material with me as an individual. I never wanted her to suffer, or fail and even though I know deep down it's not my fault, it still really hurt me. I teared up and then ducked into the men's bathroom to hide in a stall.... I didn't want to come out because I was afraid she was still there, so I waited for almost an hour....

Posted 7/18/12 , edited 7/18/12

AshRandom wrote:

I saw a student who dropped my class last year in the supermarket checkout line as I was walking in, she locked eyes with me and for a split second her face was filled with so much fear and grief, it made me sad. I know organic chemistry is hard, it just pains me so much that people have to associate the material with me as an individual. I never wanted her to suffer, or fail and even though I know deep down it's not my fault, it still really hurt me. I teared up and then ducked into the men's bathroom to hide in a stall.... I didn't want to come out because I was afraid she was still there, so I waited for almost an hour....



Maybe she was just ashamed? Organic chemistry seems like a very specific field to pick (I don't know much about it except that alongside biology, they're my least favourite sciences), perhaps some factors that were originally present that motivated her were no longer present. That's why I believe that people should always aim to pick a broader subject once they narrow down their entire education to one or two subjects, unless they've been passionate about a specific one for at least half a decade. Because minds change that easily.

If I liked chemistry, I'd most likely aim for a Master in Chemistry.
241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
sometimes i cried when i watched movie if only the movie had a sad and touching scenes and most importantly it has to be based on real life event. even if there's nothing any sad story, i could cry. but the opposite happened when i watched a really sad movie, but it's not based on true story, i really couldn't cry at all.

it confused me because i think my tears and my brain weren't in sync. and i always cry when i watched some of talent act like got to dance and something like that. i tearing up just from watched they dancing -_-
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/18/12

negan wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

I saw a student who dropped my class last year in the supermarket checkout line as I was walking in, she locked eyes with me and for a split second her face was filled with so much fear and grief, it made me sad. I know organic chemistry is hard, it just pains me so much that people have to associate the material with me as an individual. I never wanted her to suffer, or fail and even though I know deep down it's not my fault, it still really hurt me. I teared up and then ducked into the men's bathroom to hide in a stall.... I didn't want to come out because I was afraid she was still there, so I waited for almost an hour....



Maybe she was just ashamed? Organic chemistry seems like a very specific field to pick (I don't know much about it except that alongside biology, they're my least favourite sciences), perhaps some factors that were originally present that motivated her were no longer present. That's why I believe that people should always aim to pick a broader subject once they narrow down their entire education to one or two subjects, unless they've been passionate about a specific one for at least half a decade. Because minds change that easily.

If I liked chemistry, I'd most likely aim for a Master in Chemistry.


It's actually a required course for anyone trying to become a medical doctor. So, no, it's not for "very specific fields."

Not passing it as pre-med -- will keep you out of medschool.

Even getting a C in organic chemistry on your transcript can keep you out of medschool.

I'm fully aware of the fact that it's a course which kills kids dreams....... But at the same time, if a student can't pass organic chemistry with flying colors, I think it would a crime to allow them to practice medicine, they'll end up killing people.... But, in the moment, I'd trade my life not to see the crushed looks on their faces.... Just thinking about how they must feel makes me so upset I feel like I could vomit.... It just rips my guts right out....

As for a masters in chemistry, go for it. It's a great field, one of the few where industry jobs far outweigh academic ones. So, unlike a lot of disciplines with little economic value (ecology, archaeology, philosophy, etc) you won't graduate with skills that are nearly impossible to market.
Posted 7/18/12

AshRandom wrote:

It's actually a required course for anyone trying to become a medical doctor. So, no, it's not for "very specific fields."

Not passing it as pre-med -- will keep you out of medschool.

Even getting a C in organic chemistry on your transcript can keep you out of medschool.

I'm fully aware of the fact that it's a course which kills kids dreams....... But at the same time, if a student can't pass organic chemistry with flying colors, I think it would a crime to allow them to practice medicine, they'll end up killing people.... But, in the moment, I'd trade my life not to see the crushed looks on their faces.... Just thinking about how they must feel makes me so upset I feel like I could vomit.... It just rips my guts right out....

As for a masters in chemistry, go for it. It's a great field, one of the few where industry jobs far outweigh academic ones. So, unlike a lot of disciplines with little economic value (ecology, archaeology, philosophy, etc) you won't graduate with skills that are nearly impossible to market.


I see. Makes complete sense now. But I completely agree with you, if that's a stepping stone of medical school they really should be able to do at relatively at ease (I know that nothing is really easy if being a doctor is your goal). Have you thought about teaching something else? If it has such a negative effect on your life, you should seriously consider another field (perhaps something else in chemistry or biology? I always had the impression that people who studied biology were a lot more passionate about it).
No chemistry for me. Like I said, it's one of my least favourite sciences. This year I won't be studying, instead I'll be dedicating it to a job in engineering with a company that may possibly fund my years in university if I choose mechanical engineering.
Posted 7/18/12
Even if I see my teddy beaw bwoken , I won't cwy
1015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In chur head
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
When I'm hot I cry lol like if I get really hot I start feeling dirty & if I can't shower I start to spazz and break down crying or if I'm touched with feet my mum does that just to make me cry, she thinks its funny
13667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
When certain people yell at me. That sounds cheesie.

My dad for instance. He's this big, scruffy man, who looks like he can kick the shit out of you. However, he's usually
really calm, and lighthearted.

...BUT, if you piss him off, he will act like exactly as you think he would.

I cry everytime he yells at me.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/18/12 , edited 8/26/12
Hrm...
17404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / tennessee
Offline
Posted 7/18/12
i cry all the freakin time

when i see someone else cry
when i see those commercials with troops coming home and hugging their loved ones
when i get mad
when i get hurt
when i have a panic attack
when i laugh to hard

remember that one commercial where they were selling a phone and the mother and daughter are crying and the daughter is moving out and you cant understand what they're saying and there are subtitles at the bottom of the screen? yeah i cried when i saw that commercial

i cried while watching the lion king. lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.