First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Weird Things That Make You Cry
Posted 9/4/12
the "falling" feeling.
24659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
T_T
953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / england
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

AshRandom wrote:

I cry all the time... Being ultra-empathetic is a curse, I don't enjoy sharing people's emotions because everyone around me suffers so much. Students are especially vulnerable to crisis, and just being around their raging emotions can seriously unbalance me. The look in some people's eyes, the obviousness of their pain, their loneliness, their frustration and desperation.... I feel it and it swallows me whole.


this is pretty similar to me, though I usually stop myself from crying and tear up instead (especially if there are people about as I hide my negative emotions). I hate seeing people suffer so much that it makes me suffer. It's just a shame that there are so many greedy and selfish people causing most of the suffering and that people in general are so easily manipulated into thinking that's how it should be.
Posted 9/4/12
i'll stop crying when i finally begin to live.
53902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Toasters. Toaster make me cry. And yellow banana shoes.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Human Stupidity.
1867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The darkest timel...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Dreams. I used to dream of my two dogs that passed away, whenever I dream of them I am super freaking happy yet extremely sad at the same time, woke up crying every time.

When I get extremely frustrated, for example:
When I can't understand/express/organize my emotions and/or thoughts.
When my brother wants to physically fight me over something really freaking stupid instead of talking it out.
When I work so hard for something, am in the process of giving it everything I got, and in the end it didn't/doesn't matter or amount to anything because I am stopped halfway, or I just find out that there will be no payoff at the end.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12

quaser666 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

I cry all the time... Being ultra-empathetic is a curse, I don't enjoy sharing people's emotions because everyone around me suffers so much. Students are especially vulnerable to crisis, and just being around their raging emotions can seriously unbalance me. The look in some people's eyes, the obviousness of their pain, their loneliness, their frustration and desperation.... I feel it and it swallows me whole.


this is pretty similar to me, though I usually stop myself from crying and tear up instead (especially if there are people about as I hide my negative emotions). I hate seeing people suffer so much that it makes me suffer. It's just a shame that there are so many greedy and selfish people causing most of the suffering and that people in general are so easily manipulated into thinking that's how it should be.


It would be nice if greedy selfish people were the main problem. They're a minor problem, people operating under delusions are the main problem. Good people act most wickedly and on mass, when convinced that their wretched words and atrocious actions are good.
Queen Moderator
32845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
I cry at the end of super happy things sometimes. Like the ending of Tangled......Don't laugh. >_>
a619ko 
18192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 9/4/12
Weird things...I'm not sure if people would find it weird here...


and other animes.

I don't cry...like I used to...
Now I just tear a little bit, get depressed for a few days...
and then walk it all off.
19044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
One word... BUGS!
Queen Moderator
32845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

a619ko wrote:

Weird things...I'm not sure if people would find it weird here...


and other animes.

I don't cry...like I used to...
Now I just tear a little bit, get depressed for a few days...
and then walk it all off.


YEEEEEP @ the first one you posted.
953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / england
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

AshRandom wrote:



It would be nice if greedy selfish people were the main problem. They're a minor problem, people operating under delusions are the main problem. Good people act most wickedly and on mass, when convinced that their wretched words and atrocious actions are good.


but these "good" people are being manipulated and know not of the atrocity of their actions and the pointlessness of hate they foster. while the greedy convincers know all to well and use these "good" to prosper.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/5/12

quaser666 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:



It would be nice if greedy selfish people were the main problem. They're a minor problem, people operating under delusions are the main problem. Good people act most wickedly and on mass, when convinced that their wretched words and atrocious actions are good.


but these "good" people are being manipulated and know not of the atrocity of their actions and the pointlessness of hate they foster. while the greedy convincers know all to well and use these "good" to prosper.


Well, I thought about how to respond to your suggestion for a while. Here's my conclusion: It is both completely unworkable and unethical. Given that it is impossible to eliminate base emotions through education your suggestion is a pipe-dream, not a viable solution. You'd have to create people like that genetically and that would require infringing on people's human right to family. You could do it, I'm not saying it could not be done, but selecting who gets to have kids and neutering the rest is pretty evil. Breeding people the way we got french poodles from vicious wolves isn't something humanity will agree to without another world war. Aside from that highly disgusting solution, the only other method is even worse! You'd have to genocidally wipe out everyone currently exhibiting any sign of such traits, and that's nearly everyone. These are exceedingly horrible paths to achieve a humanity without greedy selfish tendencies, and the only ones, unless of course you planned to use magic.

Your suggestion requires removing major genetic factors from humanity, and ones which we can't live without. If we remove that which essentially amounts to the driving forces of progress and industry (jealousy & greed) it would have disastrous effects. Forgetting for a moment the abject horror of eugenics -- even if you succeeded, you'd only end up breeding a race of docile cows. I don't want humanity to turn into a vast collection of borderline autistic people and neither do you.

We can't focus on curtailing people's basic emotions without doing irreparable harm, or infringing on their rights, but we can avoid harm altogether by instead focusing on their cognitive states through education and social pressure. If we give people the tools of critical thinking, they'll be able to solve mankind's biggest problems on their own. Education is the only method which won't infringe on people's human rights. Educating people isn't harmful. And.... More importantly, it's possible without descending into madness.
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / RainbowwLand
Offline
Posted 9/5/12
Reptiles. Especially Snakes DX
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.