First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
Post Reply Sword Art Online Discussions
59944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
I think they are in trouble (obviously). It looked like the door behind them disappeared and turned into just a path.

Next episode may involve some running.
Krakox 
62183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
i think next episode will start a bit more casual than the cliffhanger left it at : )
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
great episode lots of action and quality animation.... SAKUGA!!!
24913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
this is probably my favorite series of the current season. i haven't not enjoyed a single episode that ive watched so far. im also enjoying this a lot more then i enjoyed Hack when i watched it because hack you needed to play the games to understand, where as Sword Art you dont need to play or watch something else before hand.
6148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 8/25/12 , edited 8/25/12

Krakox wrote:

i think next episode will start a bit more casual than the cliffhanger left it at : )


Sneaky dude who read the manga/light novels

Yeah, finally we reached the main storyline where the manga took off from chapter 2. We are done with side stories for the moment. I liked this episode, not only because it got us back on track but also some development between Kirito and Asuna). I liked how the anime put the side stories in chronological order so we can assume that Asuna and Kirito rarely meets during the time skips they have been involved with their own things, like how Kirito continues grinding with a safety margin in order to catch up while Asuna is busy with her guild and staying on the frontlines.

15759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
Krakox 
62183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12
55349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12
Episode 8 Yes!!

We are now on the main story.They have indeed wanted to introduce all those side characters that will come later on in the story so I dont mind they did that. I actually liked that, that in each episode they slowly develop Kirito's character with every new character he met.

But now we are back on track , it is definitely getting interesting. And that is the boss in the OP ha ha ha. We should be seeing some badass fighting moves.

Well when I play RPG like this , I like to make my character max every skill and level in almost everything before I go on the journey, so it takes me a long time to end the game ha ha ha. I don't like my character to die at all and start all over again .. so In a way I am like KIrito .. ha ha ha thats why I hardly play RPG..

Anyway , For me , this is the action anime of choice for the summer season .
1926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12
Right. First make note of the monsters patterns and behavior being irreguler and then enter the boss room with two people... It's like... KIRITO! Y U SO SMART ONE SECOND AND THEN TWO SECONDS LATER U DO SOMETHING STOOPED?!

As for the episode itself. I liked it quite a bit. More bonding and character building between Kirito and Asuna who are basically the only characters I care about at this point. Also I was probably a little too happy when Mr. I am a shiny knight got knocked of his high horse but I bet it isn't over...

Hm... The revive item I made a point to remember might come into play soon. Crap, now I've made msyelf even more excited for the next episode.

Another thing. They've have reached pretty high now and this is only episode eight. This makes me think that around the halfway point where normally a season would end they'll probably clear the game and then something big happens that keeps them there or they come back to the game or whatever. Just a speculation but still. This is also makes me even more unsure if this anime is really gonna be 24ish episodes long or not. Hm.

Potential spelling and grammar errors are on the house. I'm tired... :(

Have a good night.
63680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom
Online
Posted 8/26/12
Okay I have a question for you guys who have read the light novels.

I recently just started reading the light novels. I got up to chapter 6 of the first volume and basically it's what happened in episode 8 that I watched yesterday. Now my question to you guys is what was all the stuff that was shown between episode 2-7 in the anime? I can identify episode 1 from the beginning of the first light novel, but what about all the other stuff that was shown? Are they fillers? Or are they from later in the novel? If so, how much of the novels have they covered in the episodes because each novel is quite huge? I just personally don't want to read anything that has already been covered by the anime.

Any information would be gladly appreciated. Oh and if you could keep it spoiler free then that would be great as well because I want to find things out myself
15759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12
Episode 2-7 were side-stories of SAO. Specifically they were from V2 and V8, Ultimate. Most of V2 has been covered by the show, but it will make more sense if you read it. Murder case in the are and Aria (both V8 stories) are better understood if read, due to changes in the adaptation (for time purposes, and because Murder case was full of spoilers to anyone who hadn't read the LN's.

If you read the LN's in order and just skim the things already shown in the anime you will be fine. And its obvious that you've already seen it within the first page.
63680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom
Online
Posted 8/26/12

Byzantine279 wrote:

Episode 2-7 were side-stories of SAO. Specifically they were from V2 and V8, Ultimate. Most of V2 has been covered by the show, but it will make more sense if you read it. Murder case in the are and Aria (both V8 stories) are better understood if read, due to changes in the adaptation (for time purposes, and because Murder case was full of spoilers to anyone who hadn't read the LN's.

If you read the LN's in order and just skim the things already shown in the anime you will be fine. And its obvious that you've already seen it within the first page.


Thanks for the explanation, but that raises a few more questions. First of all, I've got 10 volumes of the light novels (10th is ongoing) with an extra volume called "Side stories compilation". Any idea what this extra volume is all about and where it fits in?

Also the real question is, does the light novels follow an chronological order in terms of the dates in game, because from what I read the first chapter of the LN focused on the beginning of the game and then it cut to 2 years in the future in subsequent chapters. The anime on the other hand seemed to follow a much more linear chronological story telling.
51186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 8/26/12
what happens in episode 4 when kirito says he is a solo player so playing orange for a couple days is no big deal?
15759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12

UltimateUnknown wrote:


Byzantine279 wrote:

Episode 2-7 were side-stories of SAO. Specifically they were from V2 and V8, Ultimate. Most of V2 has been covered by the show, but it will make more sense if you read it. Murder case in the are and Aria (both V8 stories) are better understood if read, due to changes in the adaptation (for time purposes, and because Murder case was full of spoilers to anyone who hadn't read the LN's.

If you read the LN's in order and just skim the things already shown in the anime you will be fine. And its obvious that you've already seen it within the first page.


Thanks for the explanation, but that raises a few more questions. First of all, I've got 10 volumes of the light novels (10th is ongoing) with an extra volume called "Side stories compilation". Any idea what this extra volume is all about and where it fits in?

Also the real question is, does the light novels follow an chronological order in terms of the dates in game, because from what I read the first chapter of the LN focused on the beginning of the game and then it cut to 2 years in the future in subsequent chapters. The anime on the other hand seemed to follow a much more linear chronological story telling.


The extra volume is probably the Materials editions, or other side stories. I don't know enough about it to say more. Most likely though it jumps all over the place like volume 8 did.

The Anime put events in chronological order, but they were not originally written that way. In fact the entire first volume was meant to be part of a writing competition and ended up going over the word count so he just made it a web novel (hence why he performed a skip-to-the-end by the 2 year jump). But yea, the anime is in order, the books aren't even close. But that is part of why so much had to be cut from Murder case, it was filled with references to things from earlier volumes, but events that would happen much later than the story took place.


Djinn16 wrote:

what happens in episode 4 when kirito says he is a solo player so playing orange for a couple days is no big deal?



What do you mean what happens? He just throws her and the rest of them into the corridor crystal and The Army takes over from there.
36510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/12
Does anyone here know where i can obtain the LN in english? I would prefer to obtain it legally but i cant find it legally in english anywhere.
First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.