First  Prev  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next  Last
Post Reply Sword Art Online Discussions
Otamop 
55135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12
Just a simple question hoping to get an answer without spoilers:

At what point in the storyline do the manga and novel begin? I heard that the anime starts a lot earlier or something- which is why the first few episodes show time passing by so quickly. Or is it just that the anime shows levels that weren't in the manga/novels?

That's all I want to know, nothing else
57130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / 東京, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 10/7/12
The light novel begins (in a flashback) with Kirito teaching Klein basic skills, roughly the same as the first episode. I haven't read the manga so I can't comment on that. The novels do quite a bit of time-skipping forwards and backwards.
22027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12

Otamop wrote:

Just a simple question hoping to get an answer without spoilers:

At what point in the storyline do the manga and novel begin? I heard that the anime starts a lot earlier or something- which is why the first few episodes show time passing by so quickly. Or is it just that the anime shows levels that weren't in the manga/novels?

That's all I want to know, nothing else :)


Volume 1 of the novel is the main story and it is covered in the following:

Episodes 1-2 (November - December 2022)
Episodes 8-10 (October 2024)
Episodes 13-14 (November 2024)

The followup Volume 2 was various side-stories introducing other characters and events, here's the list from that volume:

Episode 3 : Red-nosed Reindeer (December 2023)
Episode 4 : The Black Swordsman (February 2024)
Episode 7 : Warmth of the Heart (June 2024)
Episodes 11,12 : Morning Dew Girl (October 2024)

He did another later volume with more side-stories, including:

Not in Anime : First Day (November 2022) - Events that occurred on the first day after he left Klein
Episodes 5-6 : A Murder Case in the Area (April 2024)

The next arc is Volumes 3-4 and presumably will be Episodes 15-25.
69810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/12
Wow, did the author just get bored of the story and decide he had enough of it.
16094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/12

naredo420 wrote:


MyChingChongEggRoles wrote:

Those people DID die. The Creator explained that they were brain dead when Kirito asked him at the end. The reason Asuna didn't die is explained later on. I'm not gonna go into it here because its an uber spoiler. And the reason Kirito didn't die is hinted at by the Creator. He's able to surpass the laws that govern the digital world allowing him to selectively manipulate & ignore them. Kirito is pretty much Neo even down to the part where he is able to carry over his abilities to the real world... just like Neo. As for it not having a plot... *facepalm* Its a character driven narrative focusing on character development more than an overarching plot.


I find it weird how he phrased it. He said "Their minds will never return". I know he means they are brain dead but it was just a weird way to phrase it (almost seems like they are alive but with mental issues).


Agreed. My guess is that the reason he worded it that way is that there is a possibility that their body's are still technically and on life support even though they are brain dead. That's the only reason I can think of that he would word it so specifically.
1066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 10/7/12
I've just watched the 14th episode, and I have to agree with the others I was also quite confused. Left a bit dazed as to what is really going on because it was rather rushed. I did really like the twist though.

I'm glad some of you guys clarified that Kirito is basically like Neo from the Matrix as suggested by the Creator, that makes a lot of sense now.

I'm also wondering where everyone is if 6,000 people were just able to log out and it was all over the news, why wasn't any doctors or family around him? Strange.

And unfortunately due to looking at comments that weren't spoiler proof, I am sort of expecting what happens next. It kind of ruins the whole wait but it is still one of my favourite anime's so far. I just hope they don't make him out to be all invincible and everything too perfect at the end, and hope they maintain the depth and element of surprise. For a while there it did get overly-cheesy and airy, and a little predictable.

Sorry the episode has left me a little all over the place - can't wait for the next one!

Posted 10/7/12

Keiek5 wrote:


BlueBerryPancakes wrote:

@Keiek5
You do have some point in that. But at the same time there is a flaw in that when the creator made her imune it seems that when he stabbed her she still got hurt. A imune player shouldn't be able to get hurt if they are imune. Note that the creator was in imune mode his life no longer went down so it shows clearly that he was imune so that to me seems like a rather big mistake :/. Unless his sword is able to kill imune people. Plus didnt he congratulate both Asuna and Kirito for beating the game so that brings up another theory that it could be that they both survived because of that. It get you thinking.


Heeyyy, I like the way you think!




Lol erm Thank you! lol I got so into this anime I start to nerd out when I talk about this stuff! It still bothers me about that asuna deal. Idk bout you but when I saw asuna jump infront of Kirito I figured oh yeah booyah a imune person just blocked the attack so now they have a chance. But no... so blew me off. Plus I was also thinking that if Kirito dies Klein would revive him with that stone Kirito gave him in the christmas episode. It allows you to revive one person if a player dies if 3 seconds pass it no use to return them. But sadly I was wrong yet again. It woulda been cool tho. That would mean the fight would last longer. And the love gets just abit deeper and sad bwahaha But it was so rushed I just rolled on my floor puzzled . Geeze I feel like I am "Keima Katsuragi" From the anime "A world only God Knows" SUPER OTAKU!! beeh

Posted 10/7/12

nanciedesu wrote:

I've just watched the 14th episode, and I have to agree with the others I was also quite confused. Left a bit dazed as to what is really going on because it was rather rushed. I did really like the twist though.

I'm glad some of you guys clarified that Kirito is basically like Neo from the Matrix as suggested by the Creator, that makes a lot of sense now.

I'm also wondering where everyone is if 6,000 people were just able to log out and it was all over the news, why wasn't any doctors or family around him? Strange.

And unfortunately due to looking at comments that weren't spoiler proof, I am sort of expecting what happens next. It kind of ruins the whole wait but it is still one of my favourite anime's so far. I just hope they don't make him out to be all invincible and everything too perfect at the end, and hope they maintain the depth and element of surprise. For a while there it did get overly-cheesy and airy, and a little predictable.

Sorry the episode has left me a little all over the place - can't wait for the next one!



I truly agree with you. So odd so many question that need to be asked. I guess we can only find the answer two was read the LN or wait
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12
I though the anime end last night until i saw to be continued phew
4148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 10/7/12

BlueBerryPancakes wrote:


Keiek5 wrote:


BlueBerryPancakes wrote:

@Keiek5
You do have some point in that. But at the same time there is a flaw in that when the creator made her imune it seems that when he stabbed her she still got hurt. A imune player shouldn't be able to get hurt if they are imune. Note that the creator was in imune mode his life no longer went down so it shows clearly that he was imune so that to me seems like a rather big mistake :/. Unless his sword is able to kill imune people. Plus didnt he congratulate both Asuna and Kirito for beating the game so that brings up another theory that it could be that they both survived because of that. It get you thinking.


Heeyyy, I like the way you think!




Lol erm Thank you! lol I got so into this anime I start to nerd out when I talk about this stuff! It still bothers me about that asuna deal. Idk bout you but when I saw asuna jump infront of Kirito I figured oh yeah booyah a imune person just blocked the attack so now they have a chance. But no... so blew me off. Plus I was also thinking that if Kirito dies Klein would revive him with that stone Kirito gave him in the christmas episode. It allows you to revive one person if a player dies if 3 seconds pass it no use to return them. But sadly I was wrong yet again. It woulda been cool tho. That would mean the fight would last longer. And the love gets just abit deeper and sad bwahaha But it was so rushed I just rolled on my floor puzzled . Geeze I feel like I am "Keima Katsuragi" From the anime "A world only God Knows" SUPER OTAKU!! beeh



butt klien was also paralyized, so unless he was able to do what asuna did (which i guess is sheer force) he wont be able to revive either asuna or kritio.
4148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 10/7/12

kitsuneshoujo wrote:


Kenshiro3rd wrote:


MyChingChongEggRoles wrote:

Ok I will need to justify my reason for this. The reason why the anime is really bad is the lack of plot. I really had no idea what was going on. It's just about a bunch of players being pranked by the creator of the game and is so addicted to the game that they couldn't log out. The players don't actually die in real life by dying in the game. Their accounts just get banned then they have to live a normal life. And as we can see, Kirito and Asuna are so lonely in the real world that they decided to have a relationship on the internet then started having cyber sex. I thought it was way too ridiculous to me so I stopped watching. I thought the cyber sex in runescape were bad enough.

I would give a 4/10 to this anime since the graphics and animations were really good. But the storyline and characters were so disappointing I couldn't stand this anime anymore. It might be good for your eyes, but not for mine.


Those people DID die. The Creator explained that they were brain dead when Kirito asked him at the end. The reason Asuna didn't die is explained later on. I'm not gonna go into it here because its an uber spoiler. And the reason Kirito didn't die is hinted at by the Creator. He's able to surpass the laws that govern the digital world allowing him to selectively manipulate & ignore them. Kirito is pretty much Neo even down to the part where he is able to carry over his abilities to the real world... just like Neo. As for it not having a plot... *facepalm* Its a character driven narrative focusing on character development more than an overarching plot


The fact that you reveal that Asuna doesn't die is a spoiler in itself. >.>

Not that I care, I'm happy she didnt die... just DONT tell us why she didnt!


can i make a theory of mines? i think it was yui, somehow before she was deleted or when kritio made her to that item she made it so that when she dies in the game she doesnt die in the real world, or so to speak her mind doesnt turn into scramble eggs.
47628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12

Kenshiro3rd wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:


Kenshiro3rd wrote:

sorry... she was alive prior to the ep; so how exactly is it spoiler? The only people who it matters to have already seen the ep thus it isn't a spoiler. The only part that is really a spoiler is WHY hence why I chose to leave it out.

Also for future reference what is thew spoiler tag for this site/forum?



theres no mention of her being alive after the world ends in Ep 14, which I had already seen. You claim she is a live AFTER episode 14, which IS a spoiler.

I'll say it again, I don't mind that you told, but other people do care, and they will bitch and whine about the tiniest spoilers. So please be careful.


no mention of her after episode 14 eh?

then would you kindly explain what she is doing in this picture?



she is mentioned... quite a bit. Episode 14 is the most recent episode however the books have gone a LOT further & she along with Kirito are the Series Protagonists. Ergo... not a spoiler.


Are you even reading what I am posting, or are you just being a troll?

I had more of a response, but decided you are just reading my posts the way you want to so that you can argue. So I wont be responding to this particular discussion (not the thread itself)...
16094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12

kitsuneshoujo wrote:


Kenshiro3rd wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:


Kenshiro3rd wrote:

sorry... she was alive prior to the ep; so how exactly is it spoiler? The only people who it matters to have already seen the ep thus it isn't a spoiler. The only part that is really a spoiler is WHY hence why I chose to leave it out.

Also for future reference what is thew spoiler tag for this site/forum?



theres no mention of her being alive after the world ends in Ep 14, which I had already seen. You claim she is a live AFTER episode 14, which IS a spoiler.

I'll say it again, I don't mind that you told, but other people do care, and they will bitch and whine about the tiniest spoilers. So please be careful.


no mention of her after episode 14 eh?

then would you kindly explain what she is doing in this picture?



she is mentioned... quite a bit. Episode 14 is the most recent episode however the books have gone a LOT further & she along with Kirito are the Series Protagonists. Ergo... not a spoiler.


Are you even reading what I am posting, or are you just being a troll?

I had more of a response, but decided you are just reading my posts the way you want to so that you can argue. So I wont be responding to this particular discussion (not the thread itself)...

*facepalm* Yes I am reading your posts and NO I am not trolling. YOU are missing the point. YOU are getting bent out of shape over a NON ISSUE & jumping at shadows as a result. You are screaming spoiler over something that IS NOT A SPOILER! The ONLY people who it could even POTENTIALLY be a spoiler to are the the ones who have already seen the episode. However this is pretty much undermined by the fact she is Alive at the beginning AND shown alive in the episode afterwards. Allow me to put it bluntly though I will have to do so in spoiler tags.





Fricken A...
15759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/12
Not everyone has seen the previews for the ep after, and they aren't shown in the show itself, Kenshiro
47628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/7/12 , edited 10/7/12
Six more days until the next episode! I cant wait.
First  Prev  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.