First  Prev  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  Next  Last
Post Reply Sword Art Online Discussions
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

zHavoc wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Someone forgot to update the schedule I think. Unless the world DOES end there should be new anime after this week!


Maybe they forgot to update it, but if you check the next month (Jan, 2013) it has one publicly available episode. It also says at the bottom that it's subject to change without notice and to check back often. I'm just hoping they're not taking the end of the world thing seriously.

I'm not saying there's NO new anime, just that CR isn't making any available to its members for the week. It could also be a holiday thing.


If there is no new anime after this Friday then it really will be the end of the world as far as I am concerned LOL

Someone just forgot to update it. Countdown says next week for next episode:
http://countdown.mandragon.info/index1.html
356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
The last episode is indeed 25 . Episode 24 will air in Japan on Dec. 15
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
SOA is the reason I subscribed to Crunchyroll in the first place, to get the highest possible quality episodes!

10033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / baltimore, md
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
[blue]I love this anime but now that i know that it is coming to an end I kind of wish the would make 1/2 Prince into an anime. :(

(The thought of living a second life threw gaming isn't far fetched.) But I am being patient.

I'm on episode 23. this is one of the best series to watch so far but Accel World I wouldn't have compared to SWORD ART. They both are good depending on your taste. even though they are based on characters playing a game tat is the only similar thing.

Sword art's main characters live with there life on the line. life and death change the depth of the story. Having your choices taken from you and and the only choice is either to live or die the from there you choice is live or exist.

Accel World's main character grow into strength his goals are attained from his passive attitude then he gradually becomes more aggressive.

That is why i like Sword Art more, but Accel World isn't bad.
40370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/12 , edited 12/10/12

ChronicSmile wrote:



For example, the most compelling reason I personally have for liking this anime in spite of plot flaws (which btw don't automatically make it a "bad" plot, just an imperfectly executed plot) is the vmmorpg setting. As a gamer girl, I was immediately hooked on this show from the moment Kirito opened his eyes in Aincrad. I would probably watch a hundred episodes about the various characters and their adventures and trials as they sought to clear the game. Js. There are many reasons viewers like an anime and many subjective opinions on whether or not said anime is "good" or not.

So your reason for liking the show is basically "fantasy island." So essentially, you've stated that regardless of plot, your reasons for liking the show are partially contained in the set of things that he lists as general reasons why people tend to like the show. So basically, you've not disproved anything yet. But let's keep going.

You then go on to say "This is one of "those" animes where if you put every aspect/detail towards plot on the back foot you end up liking it. Of course this doesn't cater to those who constantly think about plot." ....... I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. If you mean that plot aside, it's still likable, I agree. If you mean that you can only enjoy this anime by putting the plot aside, I disagree.

Yep, those are the only two possibilities, it seems like you do have an idea of what he's trying to say. But since you lack the ability to extract meaning from words unless they are needlessly verbose, I'll spell it out for you:
"If you put every aspect/detail towards plot on the back foot then you end up liking it." This is equivalent to saying "If you put the plot aside, then it's likable" which is almost verbatim to your post. So, by using logic, we have deduced that it is the first possibility, which is the possibility that you're in agreement with.

What is it with the poorly worded over-simplifications, anyway?

Since you either lack a dictionary, or else an appreciation for simplicity, I'll explain it to you. Simplifications, believe it or not, simplify things. By expressing the same idea in a more compact form, you attach the greatest meaning to the smallest quantity of effort. Whether it was poorly worded is a matter of being able to understand what the words mean. I was able to easily understand what he meant, while you were unable to grasp a logical proposition. Maybe you're ignorant of the English language?

And while SOA may not cater to those who constantly think about plot, perfectly realized, flawlessly plotted animes are kind of thin on the ground IMO, and there is still a lot to like about shows that aren't perfect, even putting subjective arguments and opinions aside as you must to even pursue a line of argument on this subject.

His entire point is that there is a lot to like about SAO in spite of the fact that it's not perfect, and you've gone and re-stated his hypothesis as though it was a discredit. Nice.

A dual-wielding badass is appealing, but is far from the only good thing about the show

Right, in fact he listed THREE different things that he thought were good about the show, which implies that he doesn't think a Duel-Wielding badass is the only thing to like about the show.

and I don't think he builds a harem at all, He might be a bit of an unintentional ladies' man, but that's as far as it goes for the most part

Semantics. All the girls he meets find him interesting. Some call that a harem, others call that a character who unintentionally builds a fan-base of girls that are interested in him.

and your statement regarding this also doesn't define this as either a positive or a negative, so I'm not even clear on why you mention it.

Being as it's included in the part of the post where he talks about why people tend to like SAO, I think it's pretty safe to say he's defined it as a "positive." You see, he actually defines "good" as "people like it." Thus, I propose that inferring that people like harems, and SAO has a harem, means it's a good thing. The reason he said it is that he thinks it's a reason people like the show, which is the point of his post.

There may be cliches in this (and nearly all animes at some point or another) but your comment about bro and (cousin) sis twirling just sounds silly and doesn't strike me as something that sells, JUST sells the anime as a cliche....

And yeah... Asuna at the end of what?

Again, I'll explain it to you:

"You know that little scene that bro x sis flying and twirling in midair. Question how many people that like SAO would go OMG;ALSKDJF;ALSFIOWAN!!! if that was Asuna at the end??? "

is equivalent to:

"There is a scene where Kirito and Sugu are twirling in midair. Do you remember it? Question -- If, rather than Sugu, it was Asuna who were twirling with Kirito, how many interested viewers would feel an excitement, such that they would lose control of their fingers on the keyboard, or otherwise ejaculate on said keyboard?"

Hopefully, I've sufficiently complicated the simple idea enough for you to get some meaning from it.

After reading your post, I can't even really tell if you like or dislike SOA yourself, and your proposed arguments (for or against?) are so ill-defined that the only thing I'm left with is a sense that you are dismissing the merits of the show with an over-generalized, random-seeming selection of comments and questions, none of which serve any purpose other than to confuse and annoy. :P.

"I will say this anime is pretty bad in terms of plot, but I certainly do not care, this anime has catered to my taste in a story"

Looks like he's defined his position pretty clearly. Are you even looking for his position? It's a lot easier to understand people when you don't just ignore something you deem unworthy of your attention. If you try to understand his words, the meaning is clear. I, too, dislike posts that are nearly impossible to deduce meaning from, but this one was nothing of the sort. It was stated pretty clearly, although some of the information was presented through some simple implications from the explicit statements -- it's nothing a superior wordsmith like you can't handle.

53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Fr0thgar wrote:

SOA is the reason I subscribed to Crunchyroll in the first place, to get the highest possible quality episodes!



Blu - ray for even higher quality
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

hpulley wrote:


Fr0thgar wrote:

SOA is the reason I subscribed to Crunchyroll in the first place, to get the highest possible quality episodes!



Blu - ray for even higher quality :D


1080p here on crunchy... doesn't get much higher then that
24885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Reading, UK
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
I really hope they do a 2nd season and move on to GGO like the novels do, it would suck if they don't
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Fr0thgar wrote:


hpulley wrote:


Fr0thgar wrote:

SOA is the reason I subscribed to Crunchyroll in the first place, to get the highest possible quality episodes!



Blu - ray for even higher quality :D


1080p here on crunchy... doesn't get much higher then that ;)


Compare a disc to a stream and you will see that the stream is heavily compressed.
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

hpulley wrote:


Fr0thgar wrote:


hpulley wrote:


Fr0thgar wrote:

SOA is the reason I subscribed to Crunchyroll in the first place, to get the highest possible quality episodes!



Blu - ray for even higher quality :D


1080p here on crunchy... doesn't get much higher then that ;)


Compare a disc to a stream and you will see that the stream is heavily compressed.


well that might be true, but it would still mean having a decent TV to view it on ;__; (my TV is crap.. my computer monitor got better quality)
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Fr0thgar wrote:

well that might be true, but it would still mean having a decent TV to view it on ;__; (my TV is crap.. my computer monitor got better quality)


Yes, 480p is fine on a 7" tablet, 720p on my laptop but on the widescreen plasma TV I can see a real difference.
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

hpulley wrote:


Fr0thgar wrote:

well that might be true, but it would still mean having a decent TV to view it on ;__; (my TV is crap.. my computer monitor got better quality)


Yes, 480p is fine on a 7" tablet, 720p on my laptop but on the widescreen plasma TV I can see a real difference.


true got a few anime's on blueray and i can see the difference, however it's still gets cut a bit by my 5 year old 32" thingy of a TV
356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
Off tpoic is off topic- am I off topic for telling people that they are going off topic? gotta get back on topic.
4055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
They should have scraped the ALO arc, and not have rushed the SAO arc. Honestly, Episode 2 shows victory of floor 1, then by the end of the 3rd episode they are on floor 27. They had like 5 boss fights and 75 floors in just 14 episodes. Rather it should have been 100 floors, 10 boss fights and 25 episodes.


Not only that, but they didn't even clear all 100 floors. I mean, wat was the point of revealing that Heathcliff was the final boss, when they completely skipped the last 1/4 of the entire game. I really liked the SAO arc and I felt it was extremely rushed for nothing.
36579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

YenMasterSong wrote:

They should have scraped the ALO arc, and not have rushed the SAO arc. Honestly, Episode 2 shows victory of floor 1, then by the end of the 3rd episode they are on floor 27. They had like 5 boss fights and 75 floors in just 14 episodes. Rather it should have been 100 floors, 10 boss fights and 25 episodes.


Not only that, but they didn't even clear all 100 floors. I mean, wat was the point of revealing that Heathcliff was the final boss, when they completely skipped the last 1/4 of the entire game. I really liked the SAO arc and I felt it was extremely rushed for nothing.


that's not really the point of SAO. it's not about the game, or clearing the floors. it's about the people who were trapped in the game. besides that, the story for the other floors isn't written yet.
First  Prev  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.